There are 255 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by valrod33:

omg he looks weak and feeble....like Michael Douglas.

More like tom hanks in the movie Philadelphia

wtf is he signing? it's not like he was FA.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

omg he looks weak and feeble....like Michael Douglas.

More like tom hanks in the movie Philadelphia

wtf is he signing? it's not like he was FA.

redoing his contract

michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
Palmer's deal this year is for 2.5 million and then 12.5/13/15 for the remaining three years--with 7.5 guaranteed next year.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 18, 2011 at 1:43 PM ]
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
For Carson Palmer, Raiders will compensate Bengals with their first-round choice in 2012 draft and their second-round choice in 2013 draft.

Bengals release states clearly that the trade is a first round pick in 2011 and a 2nd rounder in 2013. No mention of conditions for '13
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
For Carson Palmer, Raiders will compensate Bengals with their first-round choice in 2012 draft and their second-round choice in 2013 draft.

Bengals release states clearly that the trade is a first round pick in 2011 and a 2nd rounder in 2013. No mention of conditions for '13

still too much.
damn...thats a bad pic of him...he looks frail
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
damn...thats a bad pic of him...he looks frail

Like Steve Jobs, in all that black
Looks like Jason Garrett in that pic lulz
Originally posted by boast:

still too much.

I'm willing to bet that the Bengals owner wasn't listening to any offers at all and Oakland knew it was going to take a ridiculous offer for them to even listen. It's a HUGE gamble, and not one I would have agreed upon as a fan had the 49ers made this deal, but Oakland has been decent in past years and with the strong running game they have right now, Carson Palmer could really be the answer for the Raiders, I would certainly say he's better than any other option they had at QB.

But the Raiders can still go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned, just my 2 cents
Sucks to be you Jason Campbell. You're self proclaimed 6 weeks recovery will put you just in time to sit on the bench.
They gave way too much for an average 31 year old quarterback

An interesting note here is that Hue Jackson was OC in Cinci from 2004-2006. That was when Palmer was at the top of his game. After 2006 is when he started to decline, if that is the case, maybe connecting back with Hue Jackson will be good for him.

I still think the 1st (2012) and 2nd or 1st (2013) is too much but I can see why they made the move.
  • Sman
a 1 and a 2? way too much. He's an above avg qb at best. He had 20 pics last year. He has been just above avg. to avg. since his knee injury.
Great move by the Raiders, this was bold but I think it will pay off. He knows the offense and he'll be able to come in and spread the ball to their arsenal of play makers.
Originally posted by NumberOneFan:
An interesting note here is that Hue Jackson was OC in Cinci from 2004-2006. That was when Palmer was at the top of his game. After 2006 is when he started to decline, if that is the case, maybe connecting back with Hue Jackson will be good for him.

I still think the 1st (2012) and 2nd or 1st (2013) is too much but I can see why they made the move.

Hue Jackson will have him back to playing at a high level.
For what they gave up they could've moved around next year to grab a top qb coming out of college like a Jones or Barkley
Share 49ersWebzone