LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Mike Martz back to SF, this time as HC??.. dont lock, just discuss..

Shop 49ers game tickets
I know many of us called Martz a bone head for sticking to JTO, and not utilizing Gore and Davis, but our offense was for the most part effective and you gotta miss the agressive play calls to get the ball down the field.. your thoughts..

no more 7 step drops.
I miss his offense really badly.
no bring back the west cost offense, chuky or harbaugh thats it...
Originally posted by global_nomad:

no more 7 step drops.

lol..

i wasnt a big fan of the 7 step drop either, or sticking VD to Tackle lol..

but u have to miss the pts and production..
LOL!.................although we do have the O-line for it, we just need a true all purpose back, you know like Westbrook....Nahh BAD idea!
Originally posted by servegmo:

as much as i loved the west coast offense when i think about the 80/90's 49ers, you have to have an agressive play caller too.. b.c at times it can be known as a conservative short throw offense..
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Sep 26, 2010 at 9:05 PM ]
Originally posted by servegmo:

Wrong O-line for a west coast Offense, to big to slow.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

no more 7 step drops.

I guess you like jimmy raye run through the middle play. I rather have the passing attack than Jimmy Raye fysical offense.

Martz was an innovator once upon a time, but he never showed the ability to adjust his system to the personnel he had
We're all fed up with bonehead coaching around here, but you think Martz is the answer?
Lets bring back Moooooch
Originally posted by EndAround81:
Lets bring back Moooooch

He doesn't want to coach. He's very happy doing what he does. Besides that, Big Daddy York didn't like Mooch. Do you really think he would want him back to make him look stupid? That doesn't sound very Big Daddy York like.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
We're all fed up with bonehead coaching around here, but you think Martz is the answer?

Martz could provide value, he might be in the York's budget, most other candidates mentioned are not.
Share 49ersWebzone