There are 119 users in the forums

Michael Vick named starter

Shop 49ers game tickets
sarcasmCant wait for another goood game with Alex Smith.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by susweel:
Im happy for Vick he deserved to be the starter. Now its gonna be a lot harder to trade for him next year.

He is a free agent, so yeah its gonna be real hard to trade for him

I didnt know that?

Well hopefully young Yorky boy signs off on it.
That game against the Eagles just got a lot harder.

You mean that game against the Eagles just got a lot easier Kolb is more of a passing threat than Vick. Willis will keep Vick on check and Vick cant throw for s**t.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by digital9er:
sarcasmCant wait for another goood game with Alex Smith.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

You mean that game against the Eagles just got a lot easier Kolb is more of a passing threat than Vick. Willis will keep Vick on check and Vick cant throw for s**t.

well even though he was playing against the lions his passes seemed on point
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

well even though he was playing against the lions his passes seemed on point

Like you said it was against the lions and that was just one game. If we keep Vick on check with his scrambling we win.
vick is not that hard to spot if you stop his running by qb spying him and make him a passer then it shouldnt be too much of a problem
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
f**k now we gotta deal with him wk 5

There is no guarantee he is still the starter in week 5.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
vick is not that hard to spot if you stop his running by qb spying him and make him a passer then it shouldnt be too much of a problem

He actually became a very accurate passer.
I love Vick, this is great news, I'm VERY happy for the guy, bout to whip that ATL Vick jersey back out...

However...idc what some of you say, Vick is a new man, the guy is playing great ball and hes gonna be trouble come week 5...trouble...

good for Vick he deserves it. all you guys saying he's not dangerous as a passer are crazy. he makes defenses have to bring a safety into the box to defend against his running skills so that leaves the secondary thinner than usual and he has a very accurate deep pass. i think hes a new QB than he was earlier in his career. i will definitely start him again this week along with Desean Jackson and Shady Mccoy. jaguars are gonna get raped
Originally posted by GameOver:
I love Vick, this is great news, I'm VERY happy for the guy, bout to whip that ATL Vick jersey back out...

However...idc what some of you say, Vick is a new man, the guy is playing great ball and hes gonna be trouble come week 5...trouble...

He's going to be leaving in a stretcher if he plays like he normally does. We're too physicial for him to be running around like a mad man.

We just can't let him beat us deep.
Vick had a nice game but this decision is puzzling.
Kolb has some potential see what he can do.
Now you set him back and when vick plays a team other than the Lions and doesnt do so hot, its gonna be difficult to go back to Kolb...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
good for Vick he deserves it. all you guys saying he's not dangerous as a passer are crazy. he makes defenses have to bring a safety into the box to defend against his running skills so that leaves the secondary thinner than usual and he has a very accurate deep pass. i think hes a new QB than he was earlier in his career. i will definitely start him again this week along with Desean Jackson and Shady Mccoy. jaguars are gonna get raped

As of now Vick is hardly a "dangerous" passer nor has he ever been. He's been a good passer sure, and a dangerous QB because of his scrambling ability.

But on pure passing alone? Nah.

I don't see how a guy that has never thrown for 3000 yards in a season can be classified as a dangerous passer. And I'd also refute your point about him being accurate with the deep ball. That's actually one of his biggest weaknesses.

He definitely has a cannon for an arm, but routinely overthrew, or under-threw receivers in Atlanta. ESPECIALLY on deep routes. All of that aside I still think he's leaps and bounds better than Kolb, and definitely deserves the starting gig.

Congrats to him.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

As of now Vick is hardly a "dangerous" passer nor has he ever been. He's been a good passer sure, and a dangerous QB because of his scrambling ability.

But on pure passing alone? Nah.

I don't see how a guy that has never thrown for 3000 yards in a season can be classified as a dangerous passer. And I'd also refute your point about him being accurate with the deep ball. That's actually one of his biggest weaknesses.

He definitely has a cannon for an arm, but routinely overthrew, or under-threw receivers in Atlanta. ESPECIALLY on deep routes. All of that aside I still think he's leaps and bounds better than Kolb, and definitely deserves the starting gig.

Congrats to him.

Did you watch him shred Detroit apart. Nevermind that Detroit ranked last in every passing stat you could imagine.

He'll shred Jacksonville apart but we'll see what he does the next 2 weeks when he faces Washington and us.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 22, 2010 at 12:08:17 ]
Share 49ersWebzone