LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs....what a pile of s**t!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Tell me, why did the fan have to give back the helmet?? I thought anything thrown into the stands the fans owned.

I'd assume because it costs more than a football/towel/jersey

and

that it was most likely customized for Jacobs
Tell me, why did the fan have to give back the helmet?? I thought anything thrown into the stands the fans owned.

Aren't there laws that basically dictate if you are seen to willingly rid yourself of something that it cease to be yours? Finders keepers, possession is 90% of the law kinda stuff?

I think that was BS. Homie threw it away. Its not his anymore.
he's asking for a trade now, just saw it on the espn ticker.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

Adam_Schefter Giants RB Brandon Jacobs is unhappy in NY -- no secret. But he has not requested a trade at this time, nor is NY willing to deal him.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I own Bradshaw is many leagues, so this is awesome!!
that dude's a dumbass. He should of strapped the helmet on and made a break for the parking lot.
have you guys ever gotten your fingers stuck in your helmet. That s**t hurts bad. When that s**t happened to me i had to f**king throw that s**t off like a g.
Now he wants to be traded...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ab0a6f/article/report-frustrated-rb-jacobs-will-ask-giants-to-be-traded?module=HP_headlines
Originally posted by valrod33:

Adam_Schefter Giants RB Brandon Jacobs is unhappy in NY -- no secret. But he has not requested a trade at this time, nor is NY willing to deal him.

Singletary will acquire this big bruiser only to have Raye use him once or twice a game on passing downs.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Singletary will acquire this big bruiser only to have Raye use him once or twice a game on passing downs.

actually he will send out Jacobs and Norris to compete for the same jump ball in the back of the endzone from 5 yds out on a delicate Alex Smith Fade. May the best man win.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:

Aren't there laws that basically dictate if you are seen to willingly rid yourself of something that it cease to be yours? Finders keepers, possession is 90% of the law kinda stuff?

I think that was BS. Homie threw it away. Its not his anymore.

That's not how things work legally. Finding a sack of cash on the side of the road, or someone's wallet in the mall does not make it yours.

Finders keepers has no legally defensible basis whatsoever.

Why is the fan a douche? Easy. Jacobs needed that helmet to get back in the game, he could not play without it. The fan keeping the helmet is basically direct interference with the team's ability to play the game.

This is different than a ball or a towel...it's expensive, and critical equipment that is most likely tailored to Jacobs.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Says the internet thug that's going to run out of the stands and beat up a 6' 4", 265 lb beast.

how is that e-thugging? He was speaking in terms of defense of Children. Most Men I know who sport 2 balls will attack any mutha who casually endangers their kids. And he also admitted he would get his ass kicked, but not before he got his lick in.
I would expect no less from any Father out there. That was a punk move on Jacobs part.

But what was the deal with what happened with the guy who caught it? What gave them the right to go snatch it back from him??

NO he didn't. But I think it's funny how someone thinks they could jump off the stands through the big securities and go rampage jackson on brandon jacobs. I would love to see it though
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Says the internet thug that's going to run out of the stands and beat up a 6' 4", 265 lb beast.

how is that e-thugging? He was speaking in terms of defense of Children. Most Men I know who sport 2 balls will attack any mutha who casually endangers their kids. And he also admitted he would get his ass kicked, but not before he got his lick in.
I would expect no less from any Father out there. That was a punk move on Jacobs part.

But what was the deal with what happened with the guy who caught it? What gave them the right to go snatch it back from him??

NO he didn't. But I think it's funny how someone thinks they could jump off the stands through the big securities and go rampage jackson on brandon jacobs. I would love to see it though

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that even though it would mean a certain ass-beating and all kinds of legal trouble

It could just be me, but I interpret that as he fully expects to lose the fight and be prosecuted.

And overall the spirit was "IF HIS CHILD WAS STRUCK"

But it is very telling how many dudes would evidently just tell their assaulted child..."Hey don't look at me, dudes like 6-4...plus you see all the security around this place!"

I just did not think it was e-thugging at all. Now if you wanted to argue the chances are slim he would have struck a child I would tend to agree, but the OP's whole statement was based on an IF
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Do you guys think if Alex Smith threw his helmet into the stands that he would have enough accuracy to have it actually land in the stands?

It would be overthrown and off target, just like the majority of his passes.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I'd assume because it costs more than a football/towel/jersey

and

that it was most likely customized for Jacobs

and I"m sure he still "needed" for the game....

still I would of held on to that helmet for dear life and told security to go get me a backup Helmet (like they do in Baseball, with bats and baseballs)

more preferably a signed Payton one of the Colts, since it was a colts fan.
Share 49ersWebzone