LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

New Orleans Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Around the NFL

New Orleans Saints to forfeit 2022 sixth-round pick, pay $700K fine for violations of league COVID protocols

"The Saints will forfeit a 2022 sixth-round pick and pay a $700,000 fine as a result of the team's
violations of NFL and NFLPA COVID protocols, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported"

The initial announcement of them being docked a seventh-round pick for their maskless locker room
celebration following their Week 9 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, has - according to this latest
report - been changed to a 6 round pick instead

Comparatively speaking, the fine is akin to a few sheet of butt wipe, while it could be argued that losing
a 6th round pick doesn't / won't matter ... I guess, it depends on how one views these sort of things.

From where I sit, better the Saints, than the 49ers
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Mar 21, 2021 at 9:56 AM ]
Why 2022 I wonder?
Originally posted by English:
Why 2022 I wonder?

I don't know, and the article didn't mention - nor provide linkage - for the reasoning behind the
wait until the 2022 draft. What I do know, is that they have 8 picks in the upcoming April draft.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Around the NFL

New Orleans Saints to forfeit 2022 sixth-round pick, pay $700K fine for violations of league COVID protocols

"The Saints will forfeit a 2022 sixth-round pick and pay a $700,000 fine as a result of the team's
violations of NFL and NFLPA COVID protocols, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported"

The initial announcement of them being docked a seventh-round pick for their maskless locker room
celebration following their Week 9 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, has - according to this latest

Comparatively speaking, the fine is akin to a few sheet of butt wipe, while it could be argued that losing
a 6th round pick doesn't / won't matter ... I guess, it depends on how one views these sort of things.

Lol what a joke
Originally posted by WeaponXV:
f**k em..

Agreed.
Originally posted by OliverKlozoff:
Originally posted by WeaponXV:
f**k em..

Agreed.

Around the NFL

I like how "deflating" a football was a bigger punishment.
Signing Hill to a long term contract seems counterproductive. I know there are buyouts and he can be dropped after a short period of time. I've watched him play and he's a reincarnation of Bobby Douglas. The competition between Hill and Winston won't be close.
ut oh

Ironic with a name like the saints they're the shadiest nfl team.

Still baffled they gave hill that much money.

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Ironic with a name like the saints they're the shadiest nfl team.

Still baffled they gave hill that much money.

I dont think you understand the terms of that contract lol. Basically 10 million for 1 year.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
ut oh

The most overrated CB in the NFL
Watching a bowl game on ESPN, and a banner ran across the bottom of the screen:
"Sean Payton tests positive for COVID and won't coach on Sunday"

IIRC, isn't this the 2nd time he's tested positive?
https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-hc-sean-payton-tests-positive-for-covid-19-will-not-coach-vs-bucs

Watching a bowl game on ESPN, and a banner ran across the bottom of the screen:
"Sean Payton tests positive for COVID and won't coach on Sunday"

IIRC, isn't this the 2nd time he's tested positive?
https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-hc-sean-payton-tests-positive-for-covid-19-will-not-coach-vs-bucs

TRANSLATE with x
probably has a premier to go to

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 17, 2021 at 11:49 AM ]
Went over to saints report. First of all, they're so bitter and mad one bad call in the rams NFCCG and they act like they were the beneficiary of any calls ever. One poster even had the gall to say "only elite QBs like Brady, Rodgers, Manning get that call"
…… as if Brees wasn't pampered by the league after his ascent to elite qb status in New Orleans?!

These guys remind me a lot of .nut. You can tell it's comprised of a mix of long term fans scarred from decades of irrelevance and losing and some new bandwagon fans who hopped on when the franchise stopped being a historically s**tty one.
Share 49ersWebzone