LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Hey LeGarrette Blount punched somebody again

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
that wasnt that bad

Happens in every single NFL training camp. This is only a story because of what he did on college.

Thank you.

Being a fresno state fan i thought the sucker punch last year was hilarious
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
This should not even be a story

What are you talking about, the NFL is one big soap opera. What the hell are you expecting? A story about actual FOOTBALL? HA! That s**t is so fifteen years ago.

The media has lost all interest in the sport since the 49ers started sucking. It's gotta be more than a coincidence.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
that wasnt that bad

Happens in every single NFL training camp. This is only a story because of what he did on college.

Thank you.

Being a fresno state fan i thought the sucker punch last year was hilarious

haha I loved it because I hate Boise St. and I myself wanted to hit someone, so Blount did it for me

But I hated it as soon as he was kicked off the team for all but 2 games of the season. Dude is legit, no matter his off the field problems.
Aiming for teammates, Blount inadvertently punched Bellotti while at Oregon

Posted by John Taylor on August 20, 2010 8:46 AM ET

The Punch Heard 'Round the College Football World was back in the news earlier this week, courtesy of LeGarrette Blount going Marvin Hagler on one of his Tennessee Titans (helmeted) teammates after the final play of a training camp practice.

"I am not disappointed whatsoever," Fisher said after the incident. "His past is his past. Is that the first punch you've seen at camp this year? No. OK. I am not disappointed whatsoever. I have great confidence in the young man that he has learned from his mistake and is very competitive."

While that may have been the first time Blount went swinging at the professional level, his right jab to the jaw of Boise State linebacker Byron Hout wasn't the first time he took a swing at the collegiate level.

Two of Blount's Oregon teammates and a former Ducks assistant coach relayed to John Canzano of The Oregonian an incident that happened two years ago involving Blount, his fists and his temper, an incident that's never been reported until now.
Two football seasons ago. Closed practice. Autzen Stadium. Running back LeGarrette Blount was carrying the football on a play that swung wide when he was met by two University of Oregon defenders.
Defensive back Jairus Byrd and linebacker Jerome Boyd grabbed Blount and shoved him toward the sideline. A scuffle broke out, facemasks were grabbed, bodies tangled and then Ducks head coach Mike Bellotti hurried toward the mess, trying to break up the players.
Blount threw a punch.
It missed Byrd and Boyd, but caught the side of Bellotti's face -- square.

So, yeah, good luck with this "rehabilitated" running back you have on your hands, Coach Fisher. If people like Tony Dungy say it's all good, then by God it's all good, though. But, just in case, wear a helmet.

Or, as Canzano put it, "If you cut the guy, do it from a distance."
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Aiming for teammates, Blount inadvertently punched Bellotti while at Oregon

Posted by John Taylor on August 20, 2010 8:46 AM ET

The Punch Heard 'Round the College Football World was back in the news earlier this week, courtesy of LeGarrette Blount going Marvin Hagler on one of his Tennessee Titans (helmeted) teammates after the final play of a training camp practice.

"I am not disappointed whatsoever," Fisher said after the incident. "His past is his past. Is that the first punch you've seen at camp this year? No. OK. I am not disappointed whatsoever. I have great confidence in the young man that he has learned from his mistake and is very competitive."

While that may have been the first time Blount went swinging at the professional level, his right jab to the jaw of Boise State linebacker Byron Hout wasn't the first time he took a swing at the collegiate level.

Two of Blount's Oregon teammates and a former Ducks assistant coach relayed to John Canzano of The Oregonian an incident that happened two years ago involving Blount, his fists and his temper, an incident that's never been reported until now.
Two football seasons ago. Closed practice. Autzen Stadium. Running back LeGarrette Blount was carrying the football on a play that swung wide when he was met by two University of Oregon defenders.
Defensive back Jairus Byrd and linebacker Jerome Boyd grabbed Blount and shoved him toward the sideline. A scuffle broke out, facemasks were grabbed, bodies tangled and then Ducks head coach Mike Bellotti hurried toward the mess, trying to break up the players.
Blount threw a punch.
It missed Byrd and Boyd, but caught the side of Bellotti's face -- square.

So, yeah, good luck with this "rehabilitated" running back you have on your hands, Coach Fisher. If people like Tony Dungy say it's all good, then by God it's all good, though. But, just in case, wear a helmet.

Or, as Canzano put it, "If you cut the guy, do it from a distance."

That smells of piling on.
Share 49ersWebzone