There are 218 users in the forums

Seattle looked like a different team.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Why is there so much sarcasm in this thread? If the preseason means so little, why do we care about the 49ers game today? I'm not saying the Seahawks look like they're going to be the best in the division this year, I'm simply stating that they look much improved, inspired, and better than the Cardinals. Lets not forget this is a team we lost to at the end of season, and in a game that essentially knocked us out of the playoffs, however we did beat ourselves that game.

Because it's a chance to watch our team, and because football is back. You can't really figure out how a team will do based on preseason games.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
seattle's 1st string looked like s**t, im not worried about them

So did the 49ers on the kickoff return and on the first play of the game. Not to mention the defense let the Colts get to the three yard line before they could stop the Colts on their first series on the field. If you guys are going to be this critical of the Seahawks I hope that you are objective enough to have the same criticism of the 49ers. Their first team did not look any better.
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:

So did the 49ers on the kickoff return and on the first play of the game. Not to mention the defense let the Colts get to the three yard line before they could stop the Colts on their first series on the field. If you guys are going to be this critical of the Seahawks I hope that you are objective enough to have the same criticism of the 49ers. Their first team did not look any better.

You act like the Colts destroyed us for a long drive. They recoved a fumble in the Red Zone...Id say that was a W for our D against the Colts starters....thanks anyway for making it seem that our D is inept.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

You act like the Colts destroyed us for a long drive. They recoved a fumble in the Red Zone...Id say that was a W for our D against the Colts starters....thanks anyway for making it seem that our D is inept.

Not my intent at all. The offense did your defense no favors. Just pointing out what I saw. Read into it whatever you like.

Not my intent at all. The offense did your defense no favors. Just pointing out what I saw. Read into it whatever you like.

No worries, welcome back!

[ Edited by ninerlifer on Aug 15, 2010 at 11:35:42 ]

I actually looked at it as a positive because we all know MRob sucks and so we kind of expected that, so for him to lose the ball at the 20 and not give up a TD was pretty good. Our D held without Willis and Franklin which is pretty encouraging. Then on offense Davis and MRob did everything they could to kill drives, from Davis's false start to MRobs fumble and dropped pass and s**tty runs. Smith should've had Vernon on that TD but he's hit that multiple times last year so I'm not worried. INT was on DWalker for not making the catch, but shouldn't have thrown into tripple coverage. We're playing without Gore, Crabtree, Willis, our starting Center, and Franklin though. So I'm not worried.

The thing I think sucked about the Seahawks is this is a team where your defense should be ahead of their offense because offense takes timing and it takes longer to get down. But Seattle's D was absolutely owned on that first drive. Our O should come around, just like Hasselbeck will probably rebound from yesterday and do better than 40% completions in the regular season. But your D should be pretty far advanced at this point.

QFT, unfortunately.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Its good to be back and talking about actual football again!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Its good to be back and talking about actual football again!

well all i know is this, many team will have no problems beating the hawks this yr and we should be 1 of those teams
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I actually looked at it as a positive because we all know MRob sucks and so we kind of expected that, so for him to lose the ball at the 20 and not give up a TD was pretty good. Our D held without Willis and Franklin which is pretty encouraging. Then on offense Davis and MRob did everything they could to kill drives, from Davis's false start to MRobs fumble and dropped pass and s**tty runs. Smith should've had Vernon on that TD but he's hit that multiple times last year so I'm not worried. INT was on DWalker for not making the catch, but shouldn't have thrown into tripple coverage. We're playing without Gore, Crabtree, Willis, our starting Center, and Franklin though. So I'm not worried.

The thing I think sucked about the Seahawks is this is a team where your defense should be ahead of their offense because offense takes timing and it takes longer to get down. But Seattle's D was absolutely owned on that first drive. Our O should come around, just like Hasselbeck will probably rebound from yesterday and do better than 40% completions in the regular season. But your D should be pretty far advanced at this point.

They were missing Tatupu and Hill from the LB core. Plus it was the first NFL game action for Earl Thomas. Jackson did not play either. That defense was not the same defense that you will see come the regular season. Those other guys will be playing by then. Unless injuries happen.

Originally posted by Overkill:

QFT, unfortunately.

QFT? Not familiar with what that means.
Originally posted by Overkill:

QFT, unfortunately.

QFT? Not familiar with what that means.

Quoted for truth.

BTW how bad are the injuries to hill and tatupu? IIRC both those guys were banged up pretty bad last year.
Hey Hawks, did you guys sit any guys on offense?

well all i know is this, many teams will have no problems beating the hawks this yr and we should be 1 of those teams

How exactly would you know that? I don't even know that and I follow the team very closely. If anything I would that we would be harder to beat this year than last year. Last year we had many games where we were done by halftime. The team gave up on Mora and found themselves in large defeciets early in games. I don't see motivation or coaching being an issue this year. Which would make this years Hawks team more difficult to beat. At least thats what it looks like on paper.
Que Feos Tacos. You welcome.
Share 49ersWebzone