LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Eugene Parker strikes again: Suh wants more $$$

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/01/eugene-parker-concedes-that-suh-will-take-less-than-bradford/

looks like parkie will take less than bradford, but appears that he wants quite a big jump from last year's #2.

good luck detroit!
I think Suh is overrated.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:

That shocks me. Especially coming from a Texas fan.

these rookies who want more money having never taken a snap in the NFL quite frankly disgust me.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 1, 2010 at 11:04:42 ]
Originally posted by Dino:

He really only dominated against us, and our offensive line was awful. Aside from games against Texas, he didn't do all that much.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
He really only dominated against us, and our offensive line was awful. Aside from games against Texas, he didn't do all that much.

I do think the Texas game helped his draft stocked out tremendously. As for him not doing much against everyone else, he was very solid against every team he faced except for T Tech. He was constantly double/triple teamed which opened things up for Jared Crick to have a good season. He was the most dominate defensive player that Nebaska has had in a lonnng time IMO.

I do think the Texas game helped his draft stocked out tremendously. As for him not doing much against everyone else, he was very solid against every team he faced except for T Tech. He was constantly double/triple teamed which opened things up for Jared Crick to have a good season. He was the most dominate defensive player that Nebaska has had in a lonnng time IMO.

Agreed. As far as him being overrated, we'll find out pretty soon.

I dare you to say that to his face.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

I dare you to say that to his face.

Why? Does him being able to smash an unathletic, 185 pound nerd make him underrated?

stfu I hate Suh he pisses me off and brings back horrible nightmares

• Ether
  • Veteran

Even given the fact that 4 of his 12 sacks came against Texas, he still led all players in tackles for loss (by a wide margin), overall tackles by a DT (by a wide margin), had pretty much as many Pass Breakups as his 2010 Preseason All-American teammate CB Prince Amukamara (Suh 10, Prince 11). Oh and not to mention he was the best player on a Blackshirt defense that was #1 in Scoring Defense.
He signed Bryant for way way less than I thought it would be so I guess he has to make some back with Suh.
LOL detroit is gonna have their cap taken mostly by stafford and suh and i expect them to have another high pick next yr if theres a next yr
sucks for detroit. these rookie contracts are getting ridiculous. the new cba needs a rookie cap, they other players should be more vocal about it. gates is a future probowl TE and his 20 mil gauranteed while 10 rookies from this years class who have never played will make more gauranteed money. this has to be stopped, its just getting more and more out of control as the years go on. if a team has a few bad years in a row like detroit or st louis probably will they will be financially screwed for the next decade.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
sucks for detroit. these rookie contracts are getting ridiculous. the new cba needs a rookie cap, they other players should be more vocal about it. gates is a future probowl TE and his 20 mil gauranteed while 10 rookies from this years class who have never played will make more gauranteed money. this has to be stopped, its just getting more and more out of control as the years go on. if a team has a few bad years in a row like detroit or st louis probably will they will be financially screwed for the next decade.

Good point. You're right, it's getting ridiculous... before you know it, these young bucks will be making close to $100 mill guaranteed. It's really stupid in my opinion. Some of these guys are making more than probowlers and superbowl champions.
Share 49ersWebzone