LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Antonio Bryant hasn't given T.O #81 yet

Shop 49ers game tickets
Adding the 36-year-old receiver who has a history of clashing with quarterbacks came as a surprise. The Bengals had a chance to sign Owens after a tryout in March, but they instead gave Antonio Bryant a four-year, $28 million deal to line up opposite Ochocinco.

Bengals are excited bring on T.O.this just shows that the Bengals are building this team to go all the way this year.With Owens still available on the eve of training camp, the Bengals made a move that will affect them in a lot of ways. One receiver will lose a job; other receivers will have fewer passes thrown their way; Ochocinco and Owens will be challenged to keep their egos in check.

T.O. would receive an extra $330,000 for each of these:

60 catches, 100 catches, 900 yards, 1300 yards, 10 touchdowns, 14 touchdowns.

The total would be $2 million.

For a reference, last year T.O. had 55 catches, 829 yards and five touchdowns so he wouldn’t have hit any of the benchmarks to earn extra cash.

When Ochocinco and Terrell Owens get together show on VH1,the two friends will have to figure out how to turn their look-at-me style into a look-at-us season.

There are more immediate issues to settle.

Bryant got No. 81 — Owens’ number — when he signed with the Bengals. Bryant could give the number to the newcomer or keep it for himself.

“Usually when a player comes from another team, he offers money to that player to have that jersey number,” Chad Ochocinco said. “I’m not sure how that’s going to work. T.O. and Antonio will work that situation out. The number doesn’t make the man, the man makes the number. This is a fresh start for T.O. Maybe he’ll want to go for something new.”
Originally posted by Anthony2010:
Adding the 36-year-old receiver who has a history of clashing with quarterbacks came as a surprise. The Bengals had a chance to sign Owens after a tryout in March, but they instead gave Antonio Bryant a four-year, $28 million deal to line up opposite Ochocinco.

Bengals are excited bring on T.O.this just shows that the Bengals are building this team to go all the way this year.With Owens still available on the eve of training camp, the Bengals made a move that will affect them in a lot of ways. One receiver will lose a job; other receivers will have fewer passes thrown their way; Ochocinco and Owens will be challenged to keep their egos in check.

For a reference, last year T.O. had 55 catches, 829 yards and five touchdowns so he wouldn’t have hit any of the benchmarks to earn extra cash.

When Ochocinco and Terrell Owens get together show on VH1,the two friends will have to figure out how to turn their look-at-me style into a look-at-us season.

Bryant got No. 81 — Owens’ number — when he signed with the Bengals. Bryant could give the number to the newcomer or keep it for himself.

“Usually when a player comes from another team, he offers money to that player to have that jersey number,” Chad Ochocinco said. “I’m not sure how that’s going to work. T.O. and Antonio will work that situation out. The number doesn’t make the man, the man makes the number. This is a fresh start for T.O. Maybe he’ll want to go for something new.”

i think owens will hit every one of those except the 1300yd mark. i think this team is going to pass like the colts/patriots/saints do.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Anthony2010:

i think owens will hit every one of those except the 1300yd mark. i think this team is going to pass like the colts/patriots/saints do.

are you serious? did you watch Owens last year? hes done. after taxes the bengals will pay him about 1 mil. this year. and they were literally the only team interested in his services...for only 1 mil. that tells you just how much TO has dropped off.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 31, 2010 at 00:23:00 ]
are you kidding? look at who his QB was last year. fact is, TO is still a good wide receiver
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:
are you kidding? look at who his QB was last year. fact is, TO is still a good wide receiver

I think he will get 900-1000 yards with 8 TDs. Which is still pretty damn good. His QB is better, his OL is better, the WR starting opposite him is better, and the running game is better. All this means - more single coverage and more opportunities.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by schmons:

I think he will get 900-1000 yards with 8 TDs. Which is still pretty damn good. His QB is better, his OL is better, the WR starting opposite him is better, and the running game is better. All this means - more single coverage and more opportunities.

exactly. i think he get the 10 TDs easy, i was going to be washy on the 14TDs but then i wasn't making a statement.

also, he is going to be on the slot corner/safety/Lber. he is going to eat them up.
Share 49ersWebzone