There are 230 users in the forums

warren sapp you jack a**

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2002/11/25/sapp_sherman/
I was watching that game in the Costco in Reno and I literally stood there like this

when I saw Rice go down.
bucs ran a bounty program, and they took out steve young and jerry.
when that happened, I thought, ''WTF? WHY RUN A REVERSE TO RICE ANY DAMN WAY? WAY TOO RISKY.''

That's what happens when you start madden young.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
when that happened, I thought, ''WTF? WHY RUN A REVERSE TO RICE ANY DAMN WAY? WAY TOO RISKY.''

That's what happens when you start madden young.
like running a reverse in the rain in a nfc title game
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AlexSmithWillWIn:
That was the home opener too. I was young, around 10, but i remember my Uncle basically depressed. I dont remember what happened but I remember Jerry being injured.

I remember that game like it was yesterday. Season opener 1997, up against an up start Tampa team. They treated this game it was a super bowl. First series of the game, niners run a end around to rice. Sapp had a chance to get him, he reached out and grabbed Jerry's face mask and dragged him down. Jerry didn't get up and I knew right away that he was hurt because I had never seen Jerry stay down before. Later in the game Steve Young was sacked and after he was already tackled a Buc player came sliding in and hit Steve right in the head with his knee. Steve had a concussion and then the back up QB Jeff Brohm I think his name was came in and he also got banged up. The next game against the rams Jim Druckenmiller started and our D got us a close win.

wow I didn't even I remembered all that from 13 years ago

Maybe he got a bonus check for taking him out of the game. Sapp said on a show the other day that they never got any bounties when he played but it makes you wonder maybe this bounty thing has been going on longer than they think.
I also remember that day.

Sapp was a great player BUT that was a cheapshot move and a very low point in his career.
Share 49ersWebzone