LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Whos the worst Head coach in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Uh John Fox anyone??? He put the ball in the man who is the worst starting QB in the NFL over and over again even though they have one of the best running games in the League and they had a better option the whole time last year. For Deangalo and 89's sake I hope they do renew Fox's contract next year.

Don't like Williams and Smith, huh?

What? No I love them brothaz to death, but for their sake I hope don't instead of do, d'oh. Haha I meant to say don't* renew Fox's contract haha my fault.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Uh John Fox anyone??? He put the ball in the man who is the worst starting QB in the NFL over and over again even though they have one of the best running games in the League and they had a better option the whole time last year. For Deangalo and 89's sake I hope they do renew Fox's contract next year.

That QB has helped that team tremendously before suffering the elbow injury. Last I checked they went to two championship games and came up seconds short of winning a SB with that QB. He is nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be, he just hasn't played at the same level since the elbow surgery.

I agree Fox can be put up there as one of the worst head coaches right now but not because of Delhomme.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

That QB has helped that team tremendously before suffering the elbow injury. Last I checked they went to two championship games and came up seconds short of winning a SB with that QB. He is nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be, he just hasn't played at the same level since the elbow surgery.

I agree Fox can be put up there as one of the worst head coaches right now but not because of Delhomme.

He should have been benched a lot sooner than he was, he was horrible last season.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Raheem Morris.

How do you fire John Gruden and hire this guy.

Aside from Grudens superbowl win (which some credit as Dungy's team)

Bucs have usually been 1 and done in the playoffs (losing both at home iirc)

Final straw came when they were 9-3 and they failed to make the playoffs losing 4 straight.

And, Glazers are being cheap right now!

There were enough reasons to fire him.

I don't care what he did before hand, and plus the main reason that team did anything was the running game and a Peppers lead defense anyways. And the last 2 seasons he's been utterly awful period. I mean he's made Alex and JTO look good for goodness sake. He had the worst Playoff game maybe ever for a player let alone a QB. And last season he was even worse some how. I feel bad for Browns fans if he actually gets the starting job, granted he may not keep it all the way through the season.
Lovie Smith
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
It's still Mike Nolan.

In over his head.

I don't care what he did before hand, and plus the main reason that team did anything was the running game and a Peppers lead defense anyways. And the last 2 seasons he's been utterly awful period. I mean he's made Alex and JTO look good for goodness sake. He had the worst Playoff game maybe ever for a player let alone a QB. And last season he was even worse some how. I feel bad for Browns fans if he actually gets the starting job, granted he may not keep it all the way through the season.

Last season Carolina finished 3rd in rushing attempts and 29th in passing attempts. Carolina tried to be the ball control team they've been over the past seasons it just didn't work out because Delhomme was so inefficient and turnover prone.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Last season Carolina finished 3rd in rushing attempts and 29th in passing attempts. Carolina tried to be the ball control team they've been over the past seasons it just didn't work out because Delhomme was so inefficient and turnover prone.

Yeah no kidding, he was like that the year before down the stretch most notably turning in maybe the worst Playoff performance in NFL history for any player. Yet Fox stuck wit Delhomme like he was his son or something, yeesh.
Originally posted by jones49:

Dude, Tomlin is a top 10 coach imo.

Well any coach would look like a top 10 coach with Dick Lebeu, John Mitchell, and Kevin Colbert at their side; a combined-staff nucleus like that doesn't even need a head coach!

Seriously, I'd really love to see how Tomlin would build his own coaching staff/team instead of getting fame by inheriting the riches of others. -If Tomlin wasn't gifted by Art Roony he'd be on on a chopping block by now with Buffalo, or even Tampa.

Mike Tomlin is what Mike Nolan would have been if he had coached the 49ers with Eddie. D still running the show in the mid 00's.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by jones49:

Dude, Tomlin is a top 10 coach imo.

Well any coach would look like a top 10 coach with Dick Lebeu, John Mitchell, and Kevin Colbert at their side; a combined-staff nucleus like that doesn't even need a head coach!

Seriously, I'd really love to see how Tomlin would build his own coaching staff/team instead of getting fame by inheriting the riches of others. -If Tomlin wasn't gifted by Art Roony he'd be on on a chopping block by now with Buffalo, or even Tampa.

Mike Tomlin is whatMike Nolan would have been if he had coached the 49ers with Eddie. D still running the show in the mid 00's.

Eddie D isnt a miracle worker
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Pete Caroll (Hopefully)

Share 49ersWebzone