There are 230 users in the forums

Corey Chavous on NFL Network

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm trememndously impressed with his analysis and breakdown of players. Granted his speech patterns are "rake against a chalkboard" painful, he knows his stuff and have to show some respect
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
I'm trememndously impressed with his analysis and breakdown of players. Granted his speech patterns are "rake against a chalkboard" painful, he knows his stuff and have to show some respect

its not just for the TV camera...

he would always analyze to the tee his upcoming opponents...even about their personal lives (wait, that last one could've been John Randle)

they did a special about him a while back while he was with the Vikings.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

its not just for the TV camera...

he would always analyze to the tee his upcoming opponents...even about their personal lives (wait, that last one could've been John Randle)

they did a special about him a while back while he was with the Vikings.

I just remember the third round, when the QB from Appilachian State got picked, everyone wa talking about the Michigan upset and how he helped orcestrate it.

All of the sudden, Chavous comes in and starts talking about his great games against Wofford and Richmond, and some other school I never heard of. Rich Essien looks over and says "Wow, Wofford reference? Chavous wins this one!"
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Chavos is better than Mayock, he just can't speak very clearly.

But he knows his s**t
[ Edited by crzy on Apr 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM ]
I remember him giving analysis when he was still a player for ESPN for a year or two, not on the actual set but in a seperate studio

He does know his $hit
I wondered what happened to that kid. He was very knowledgeable. I used to enjoy hearing his analysis prior to a game.
  • flow
  • Veteran

I remember a few years back... I think he was still playing with the Rams and he came onto the set and started talking about the draft. I was like wow, he knows his stuff. It was more shocking because he was still playing at the time. How many players playing right now know anything about the draft? Anyways, he did a great job replacing Mayock as did Charles Davis who also knows his stuff. Too bad for Mayock losing his voice... but I liked how he had analysis on every pick on NFL.com. Maybe that's what they should all do so you can ignore the analyst you don't like.
I watched him on the Sr. Bowl coverage and on several other items on NFL network. This guy knows his stuff.

So did he have anything pertinent to say about the Niners?
  • mod
  • Veteran
he just needs to work on his speech... he doesnt speak very clearly
His delivery still needs some work (though it has gotten better through the years) but dude knows his stuff, he is much better than Charles Davis and like him and Mayock breaking it down though Mayock is on his nuts a little to much.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
His delivery still needs some work (though it has gotten better through the years) but dude knows his stuff, he is much better than Charles Davis and like him and Mayock breaking it down though Mayock is on his nuts a little to much.

Mayock and him sounded like two guys that just wanted to go off into a private room and talk about some obscure player from William & Mary.

Given that Chavous was a good player at a high level AND applying that knowledge to scouting, he makes other ex-player analysts (looking your ways Steve Young, Michael Irvin, and Deion Sanders) look like they belong in the UFL of broadcasting. I mean, seriously, Steve Young, did he do any preparation for the draft?
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Mayock and him sounded like two guys that just wanted to go off into a private room and talk about some obscure player from William & Mary.

Given that Chavous was a good player at a high level AND applying that knowledge to scouting, he makes other ex-player analysts (looking your ways Steve Young, Michael Irvin, and Deion Sanders) look like they belong in the UFL of broadcasting. I mean, seriously, Steve Young, did he do any preparation for the draft?

I'm not sure why or how Steve still has a job in tv to be honest. Chavous was the highlight of both channels in what I thought was a lame job by both networks. Though to be fair Young, Sanders, Irvin aren't paid to breakdown drafts for the most part but to give colo commentary.
Share 49ersWebzone