LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Jets | Shopping Alan Faneca

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

They have nothing to replace him at G. Honestly they could use an upgrade at RG over Moore.

I would love the 49ers to go after this guy, either trade or if he's released. Trade depending on what the asking price is.

for sure. if its fairly cheap it would save us from having to consider OG in the 1st...then again, I still think we should wait until after the draft to see what the Jets do. If we take Iupati and project him as a starting OG for the next 10 years there's really not point in bringing in Faneca...
Originally posted by HessianDud:

They have nothing to replace him at G. Honestly they could use an upgrade at RG over Moore.

I would love the 49ers to go after this guy, either trade or if he's released. Trade depending on what the asking price is.

for sure. if its fairly cheap it would save us from having to consider OG in the 1st...then again, I still think we should wait until after the draft to see what the Jets do. If we take Iupati and project him as a starting OG for the next 10 years there's really not point in bringing in Faneca...

do you think Iupati and faneca is an upgrade over Baas and Rachal

Draft Iupati and get Faneca let Rachal get his s**t right once Faneca cant play no more plug Rachal right back in

Championship
Originally posted by valrod33:

Draft Iupati and get Faneca let Rachal get his s**t right once Faneca cant play no more plug Rachal right back in

Championship

that's something to consider too...Actually, say we draft two OL in the 1st and want to start them both...It might make sense to bench Rachal for a season in favor of Faneca so its not such a green line... Staley-Iupati-Heitman-Faneca-Davis/Brown/whoever sounds pretty good to me, to be honest.

Championship

that's something to consider too...Actually, say we draft two OL in the 1st and want to start them both...It might make sense to bench Rachal for a season in favor of Faneca so its not such a green line... Staley-Iupati-Heitman-Faneca-Davis/Brown/whoever sounds pretty good to me, to be honest.

Championship

Championship

f**king sick oline

• TX9R
  • Veteran
He's been in decline since Pitt let him leave. He made the pro bowl last year on reputation, linemane always do. They'll draft his heir apparent and probably get good value. They took on a lot of salary, he's not worth the contract.
Originally posted by TX9R:
He's been in decline since Pitt let him leave. He made the pro bowl last year on reputation, linemane always do. They'll draft his heir apparent and probably get good value. They took on a lot of salary, he's not worth the contract.

bingo.

I was borderline against considering him outta Pitt for these same exact reasons. Obviously I am doubly opposed now.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Call me skeptical. This doesn't make sense unless

1. The JETS feel that they can replace him with little drop off and this move is to save money considering they have been spending money like the Yankees

2. He's on the decline

Either way I hope we take a look depending on who we grab in the draft.

Jump all over this! I understand that he is 33 and his play may be declining. A old decrepit Fanaca is better than what we have at guard right now and may be able to show these guys a few things. I believe he is good leadership and veteran presence on our team.
[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on Apr 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by TX9R:

bingo.

I was borderline against considering him outta Pitt for these same exact reasons. Obviously I am doubly opposed now.

I actually think that Faneca could be a better short term option over Rachal. If it's for a 2-3 year contract, I wouldn't mind signing him - especially if he's simply released.

-9fA
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Championship

f**king sick oline

Disclaimer: THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

BUT..

Imagine this: the Jets waive Faneca, we sign him. We trade our 2nd rounder for Gaither (as it was reported the Ravens could ask for less than a 1st) and we draft Iupati.

Staley - Iupati - Heitman - Faneca - Gaither

Line solidified. Of course, it will never happen.
Lets sign him. Lets do the same thing like when we sign Larry Allen. A proven OG.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
A 6th round pick and I'd jump on it.
Share 49ersWebzone