There are 156 users in the forums

Steelers open to idea of trading Roethlisberger

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 5280High:
So now that it looks like the Rooneys are pissed, what would people think about going after Big Ben?

I was never on board with Mcnabb because of age, injuries, and the same offense for his entire career. But now it looks like Ben could be gotten for at most a 2nd round pick, maybe even a 3rd and a 3rd next year.

Im not a Smith hater and I think this year is gonna be his best shot at proving his haters wrong, but what if we can trade Smith and a 3rd for Big Ben?

Just wanna get the fans reactions, player-wise I like Ben, personality-wise I think he is a douche-lord.

where did you get that information from?

Top Story on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178b2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
everybody keeps saying that this is a strategy to scare Roethlisberger.... but what would he be afraid of.... going to another team and whipping the steelers every chance he gets??? i think this would hurt the steelers a lot more than it would hurt mr. berger. he still going to be paid

what if they send him to the Rams. Id be scared to go to the Rams if i was Ben.

He doesnt get to choose who he is traded to
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
There is less then a zero percent chance if they ever do decide to trade him he goes for anything less then what the Broncos got for Jay Culter, which would mean Alex Smith, either both our first round picks or a 1st and 2nd this year and our first round next year.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
He would be closer to San Quinten so that iwhen he's convicted on his next rape, he won't have far to go. Then he can go from the "thrower" to the "catcher".

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I do not think Ben is all that great, and he seems to have a serious problem determining the difference between right and wrong.

Talent-wise I agree he isn't the greatest, but he is a winner.. and even though he holds onto the ball forever he also creates allot of opportunities with his feet and usually end with a long pass.

Morally he would be a questionable pick up, but we have a clean cut average QB whose never been in trouble that might sound like good trade bait to the Rooney's who are very concerned with fan reactions, and the fans in Pitt are no longer on the Big Ben Bandwagon.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Winners:
Yeah, you guys are right. We shouldn't trade for a young, 2 time SB champion QB because two girls accused him of rape, one of which was lying and the other of which asked for the charges to be dropped. He's a monster!

I'm not saying he's a bad QB, but the Defense won those superbowls, I dont think he's as good as everybody thinks
Don't know why we would pursue an overrated QB with maturity issues, leadership issues, not to mention a penchant for (alleged) sexual assault. But the biggest reason why I say no is because the dude looks like the guy from the movie Mask. I understand that the QB is the face of the franchise, but I wouldn't want our franchise within a mile of his mutant face. Uckin' Fugly.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by WINiner:
We had better offer 17, or this franchise FAILS. Ben is an unquestioned star in this league. The Steelers are dumb for trying to trade him and the Niners are fools if they don't bend over for the Steelers to acquire him.

Seriously i doubt they trade him, i think they are just using this to scare Ben.

And if they do, I am not convinced 17 will do it. Or anywhere near it.

McNabb traded for a 2nd, Holmes traded for a 5th. I would think 17 would do it, although now that I think about it I'm pretty sure you can't trade picks that were not originally yours.. If not go ahead and offer 13 instead. If it takes more, then offer 13 and our 3rd, or 13 and next years 2.

Being open to trading a franchise QB is not the way to go about things if you are trying to curb certain behavior. I mean look how quickly things blew up in Denver with Cutler at the mention of trading him. Ben has the upper hand here. I don't imagine he really cares if he stays in Pitt. I mean there are MANY places I would rather live personally. I mean it's not like Pitt is a yearly contender like say the Pats or Colts are, although I suppose they are the next best thing.

I hate roethlisberger but you are gonna make me defend him.

Mcnabb is not a Super Bowl winning QB, Ben won 2
Mcnabb is a choke artist, Ben has come up big in big games

and for Holmes, you cant compare a WR to QB at all

So to even think that the price for roethlisberger would be cheap just because those guys went for cheap is just crazy

and did you really just say that Pitt is not a contender every year?

i dont think you really know what you are talking about
There is no reason we shouldn't take this guy.

Two Super Bowls and he wasn't even convicted. It's the west coast anyways, who is going to judge him?

They better not.

He is wildly overrated and a complete tool. I'll be thoroughly pissed if this went down and McNabb did not. And yes, I'm aware Ben is a lot younger but he's not that good of a QB at all.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Yes please ... he would turn this franchise around.
If it were last season, I would jump at it... but I really want to give alex the benefit of another season.

If alex sucks it up, or doesn't show great improvement then big ben would be the perfect fit here!

Championship!
I am guessing all the anti Big Ben posters in here are all Smith backers & think that Smith is a waaaaaaaay better QB then Rosthlisberger...........if Smith fails us for the last time this season lets see if everybody regrets not wanting to reach out for a good QB

i cant believe people are so naive , knowing that upgrading the QB position would make us a instant playoff contender while sticking with Smith leaves question marks all across boards.
h
Big Ben is a 2 TIME 2 TIME SUPERBOWL champion how can you doubt him & praise the garbage we have in Frisco

by the way if he was a rapist dont you think they would of charged him with something?
So now that it looks like the Rooneys are pissed, what would people think about going after Big Ben?

I was never on board with Mcnabb because of age, injuries, and the same offense for his entire career. But now it looks like Ben could be gotten for at most a 2nd round pick, maybe even a 3rd and a 3rd next year.

Im not a Smith hater and I think this year is gonna be his best shot at proving his haters wrong, but what if we can trade Smith and a 3rd for Big Ben?

Just wanna get the fans reactions, player-wise I like Ben, personality-wise I think he is a douche-lord.

where did you get that information from?

Top Story on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178b2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Where in that article does it say he can be had for a 2nd at the most or even a 3rd rounder?
Share 49ersWebzone