LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Rams Release QB Marc Bulger

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Sign him.

Would be a much better back up than David Carr that's for sure!!!! Unfortunately we have David Carr, so no Bulger.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Bulger to the Bears, Raiders, or Panthers.

Of the 3 you listed it seems the Raiders would be the only place where he'd have a legit chance to start

don't think he has anything left in the tank?

I don't think Moore has the gig locked up for the Panthers. The fact that Carolina has a stellar offensive line has got to make the team an attractive option. It also allows them to focus on other positions for the rest of the draft, including replacing Julius Peppers or adding an additional WR to the roster.

Bulger has really been successful in Martz offensive scheme. If he wouldn't mind being backup to Cutler, I think he'd be a natural fit to assist Culter in learning the playbook.
im sure they could find him a pos in order to help the D with tackling form
Pitt and Ari are looking at Bulger.
Originally posted by Dominate:

Arizona is desperate. Im not afraid of a single QB they have or are looking at. The only one that would have worried me was McNabb.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Arizona is desperate. Im not afraid of a single QB they have or are looking at. The only one that would have worried me was McNabb.

IDK man, Bulger might be able to do some damage with that Ari offense. Bulgers was playing with the most injured and worst Oline in football. And he had either some really young WRs or some really old ones the last couple years.

IDK man, Bulger might be able to do some damage with that Ari offense. Bulgers was playing with the most injured and worst Oline in football. And he had either some really young WRs or some really old ones the last couple years.

He's also not nearly as tough as Warner was and the Niners got to Warner a ton last year. Hit Bulger and he starts throwing picks. Hit Warner and he throws it to the open guy right where you blitzed him.

He's also not nearly as tough as Warner was and the Niners got to Warner a ton last year. Hit Bulger and he starts throwing picks. Hit Warner and he throws it to the open guy right where you blitzed him.

I dont really agree with that. The way to beat Warner was to hit him early and often.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Sign him.

Would be a much better back up than David Carr that's for sure!!!! Unfortunately we have David Carr, so no Bulger.

100% agree! I actually started a post about this and got locked. I try to keep up, but works got me lately.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

lol poor guy

I have a feeling the Vikings will grab him as an insurance policy if Favre doesnt come back ..Bulger is a pure passer and much better option than T-Jack to run the Vikings offense
Can't say I'd really want the guy around. Sure he made a couple of pro-bowls but that was quite some time ago. He's pretty brittle at this point and we're not much worse off with what we've got.
  • titan
  • Veteran
It would be funny if he pulls an Eli Manning! where would he go if he did?

I dont really agree with that. The way to beat Warner was to hit him early and often.

I agree with that too, but somehow, the guy always managed to throw for 300 and a couple TDs even when the Niners had him on his back the entire game.
No more washed up Rams on this team.
Share 49ersWebzone