LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Joey Porter Arrested

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by NickV:
lol

If this is true he is gonna probably serve a suspension at the start of the season.

DUI is bad enough, but resisting and assualt . . . the suspension should be pretty significant.

seriously, is this any different than how he acts on the field? the charges aren't as serious as they sound and hell receive a slap on the hand as should be expected.
BWAHAHA!! f**king TOOL. Nice pickup, Tards.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by NickV:
lol

If this is true he is gonna probably serve a suspension at the start of the season.

DUI is bad enough, but resisting and assualt . . . the suspension should be pretty significant.

seriously, is this any different than how he acts on the field? the charges aren't as serious as they sound and hell receive a slap on the hand as should be expected.

Pfft you s**ttin' me, this dude is gonna get f**ked up the ass!

Goodell will burn guys like Chad Johnson for just having 'excessive' celebrations while letting white rapists/cheaters prosper within the NFL.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lmao at this from pft

"So the officer drew his pistol and ordered Porter onto the ground. Porter, apparently not fearing bullets after being shot in the ass in Denver, refused to comply. Eventually, he put his hands behind his head."

I read that earlier
What kind of cops do they have in Bakersfield? They shoot you for less here in Fresno.
Also, Porter is getting at least four games, Goodell wont tolerate getting assaulting a cop and getting a gun pulled.
what a jagoff
I think DUI's should AT LEAST a 5 game suspension. 4 seems like a slap on the wrist.

Not to mention this clown also resisted arrest and assaulted an officer.

I hope Godel lays down the heavy hammer on this one.
This IS a good chance for Goodell to make an example to the league for the upcoming decade. You have a DUI by a professional athlete who holds no regard for authorities, and let alone causes guns to be drawn by the police.

If there is a threatening manner towards an officer by a 6-2 pretty big guy, any officer would pull out their weapon.

Goodell needs to handle this with a suspension THIS year
I'm so happy that the Cardinals are having such a terrible offseason.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
This IS a good chance for Goodell to make an example to the league for the upcoming decade. You have a DUI by a professional athlete who holds no regard for authorities, and let alone causes guns to be drawn by the police.

If there is a threatening manner towards an officer by a 6-2 pretty big guy, any officer would pull out their weapon.

Goodell needs to handle this with a suspension THIS year

By punishing another Black Man?

He should go after Rapistberger
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
From a Cards forum

Quote:
This is great news: he's just demonstrating the swagger our defense will have next season! If he is willing to hit a cop, he sure will have no problem hitting Alex Smith.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/breaking-joey-porter-arrested-150072.html

Alex Smith will have no problem hitting Porter either.

Coolest 6 yard loss ever!

Can someone explain to me why players don't throw the ball out of bounds when they are in the same situation Battle was in there? When he sees he is going to lose six yards, why not just throw the ball out of bound (towards the line of scrimmage) and save those yards? I must be missing something.

Originally posted by YouGotGored:
From a Cards forum

Quote:
This is great news: he's just demonstrating the swagger our defense will have next season! If he is willing to hit a cop, he sure will have no problem hitting Alex Smith.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/breaking-joey-porter-arrested-150072.html

Can someone explain to me why players don't throw the ball out of bounds when they are in the same situation Battle was in there? When he sees he is going to lose six yards, why not just throw the ball out of bound (towards the line of scrimmage) and save those yards? I must be missing something.

I think what you're missing is that your mind can slip on the obvious when there are battle armored gladiators coming to smash you to oblivion.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
From a Cards forum

Quote:

I think what you're missing is that your mind can slip on the obvious when there are battle armored gladiators coming to smash you to oblivion.

haha. True. But it seems the coaching staff has told players not to do it. In high school our RBs and WRs were told to throw the ball away (like a QB would) if it was clear they were going to lose a lot of yards on a reverse.
  • mod
  • Veteran
From a Cards forum

Quote:

haha. True. But it seems the coaching staff has told players not to do it. In high school our RBs and WRs were told to throw the ball away (like a QB would) if it was clear they were going to lose a lot of yards on a reverse.

Thats a great idea... I wonder why its not done in the NFL. I dont go for the "battle armored gladiators" excuse... These guys cant go into that play thinking 100% its going to work.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
From a Cards forum

Quote:

Thats a great idea... I wonder why its not done in the NFL. I dont go for the "battle armored gladiators" excuse... These guys cant go into that play thinking 100% its going to work.

because your lineman could be downfield blocking which would result in a penalty
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
From a Cards forum

Quote:

because your lineman could be downfield blocking which would result in a penalty

And there you go.
Share 49ersWebzone