LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

McNabb rumors (ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ, and more)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
PLAY still ended up for a loss. lol that about sums up Alex Smiths career in SF.

YEAH

SURE

give away a high draft pick
blow a load of cash

on some fat, puking, dumb assclown who only cares about what he's eating after the game and what dumb smartass comment he's going to make in post game interview

yeah thats a great way to spend the next two year

its ok Steve remember they hated you once

Young only won 1 big game in his career. he was a pretty bad playoff QB also.

wtf lol ok dude you only watch one Steve Young game in your lifetime

That was a regular season game. He lost 2 of 3 to dallas in the playoffs, lost to a 2nd or 3rd year Panther team in the playoffs, lost to an Atlanta team with Chandler at QB in the playoffs, and lost to the Packers like 2 out of 3 times in the playoffs. He is 8-6 in the postseason.
PLAY still ended up for a loss. lol that about sums up Alex Smiths career in SF.

YEAH

SURE

blow a load of cash

on some fat, puking, dumb assclown who only cares about what he's eating after the game and what dumb smartass comment he's going to make in post game interview

That was a regular season game. He lost 2 of 3 to dallas in the playoffs, lost to a 2nd or 3rd year Panther team in the playoffs, lost to an Atlanta team with Chandler at QB in the playoffs, and lost to the Packers like 2 out of 3 times in the playoffs. He is 8-6 in the postseason.

steve young won a super bowl

Mcb***h is 9-6 in the playoffs and threw up on himself in the biggest game
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

YEAH

SURE

blow a load of cash

that game he won turned the season around I'd call it a pretty big win

and what was his one big win the SB

he had to beat Dallas to get there

and what about beating GB

oh how we forget
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

YEAH

SURE

blow a load of cash

Yes he did, he won at the age of 33, with the backing of the best owner in all of sports who brought in players like Deion Sanders, Dent, Jackson, and Green to sure up the D and Young had a great O line and was throwing to Rice, Taylor, Jones, and Waters and only got 1 when he should have had 2 or 3.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

YEAH

SURE

blow a load of cash

Yes he did, he won at the age of 33, with the backing of the best owner in all of sports who brought in players like Deion Sanders, Dent, Jackson, and Green to sure up the D and Young had a great O line and was throwing to Rice, Taylor, Jones, and Waters and only got 1 when he should have had 2 or 3.

if Young was on any one of those Eagle teams he would have won 6 SB

YEAH

SURE

blow a load of cash

Lmao no way.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

YEAH

SURE

blow a load of cash

Yeah right, they didn't have near the talent of the 49ers teams of the 90s.

Steve Young: 275 of 447 (61.5 percent) for 3,118 yards (7.0 YPA), 20 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions.
8-6 record
Quarterback rating of 86.1.

McNabb: 341 of 577 (59.1 percent) for 3,752 yards (6.5 YPA), 24td and 17 ints.
9-7 record
So this has turned into another Alex Smith thread? MERGE!!!!!!
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
So this has turned into another Alex Smith thread? MERGE!!!!!!

Okay you got me with the sig.

You Ba*tards!!!!!

[ Edited by BigDaddy on Apr 1, 2010 at 13:02:24 ]
  • yummy12
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I'm pretty sure McNabb is the dumbest starting QB in the league

wonderlic

McNabb - 12
Smith - 40

Playoff games

McNabb - 16
Smith - 0

Playoff Wins

Mcnabb - 9
Smith - 0

McNabb's career ratio is 1 interception per every 45.26 pass attempts
Smith's career ratio is 1 interception per every 27.25 pass attempts

smarter AS
better looking AS
hotter wife AS
younger AS

stats mean s**t Super Bowls matter

McDumb 0
Smith 0

its a tie ball game and I'm sending the young buck up to the plate

Wrong, Im pretty sure every niner fan would take watching a Playoff game over Path to the draft.

Lmao @ "stats don't mean s**t SB's matter"

You actually think Smith will ever lead us to a SB? I like the guy and want him to succeed but C'MON

They hated Steve Young once

Anyone comparing Steve Young to Smith needs to quit being a 49er fan. I'm sorry,but Smith will never ever be on Steve Young level.

• yummy12
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by yummy12:

wonderlic

McNabb - 12
Smith - 40

Playoff games

McNabb - 16
Smith - 0

Playoff Wins

Mcnabb - 9
Smith - 0

smarter AS
better looking AS
hotter wife AS
younger AS

McDumb 0
Smith 0

Wrong, Im pretty sure every niner fan would take watching a Playoff game over Path to the draft.

You actually think Smith will ever lead us to a SB? I like the guy and want him to succeed but C'MON

Anyone comparing Steve Young to Smith needs to quit being a 49er fan. I'm sorry,but Smith will never ever be on Steve Young level.

P.S. WTF! Why do I have a Cowboy sig on my name. I hate them!

[ Edited by yummy12 on Apr 1, 2010 at 13:12:51 ]
this is worse then niner talk.
This is a no-brainer for the 49ers. I don't understand how there has been any hesitation whatsoever. If Alex is so young then keep him as a back-up, he's making back-up money.

Even if McNabb lasts 2-3 years, that's 2-3 Super Bowl runs with Smith/Davis stepping in once he's gone. It also gives us 2-3 years to find a new QB if Smith wants to leave and Davis isn't the real deal.

Say what you want about Favre and Warner but the Vikings were in the NFC championship and the Cards got to the Super Bowl. We haven't even been to the playoffs. Think about that for a second, the Cardinals have had a more prestigious and successful decade than we have. It's embarrassing.

Worst case scenario, McNabb comes in and stinks it up. Alex comes in and nothing has changed, except you have Donovan McNabb as your back-up. McNabb is in the last year of his contract so you can let him walk at the end of the season.

It's not as if Smith is a sure thing either. He improved last year but padded his stats a lot making big losses close losses. David Carr is not a viable back-up plan for a team with serious Super Bowl aspirations, having Alex Smith is a pretty damn good back-up plan.

I get the feeling this won't happen and it's very disheartening to see the 49ers turn down a HOF QB available for a 2nd round pick.

wonderlic

McNabb - 12
Smith - 40

Playoff games

McNabb - 16
Smith - 0

Playoff Wins

Mcnabb - 9
Smith - 0

smarter AS
better looking AS
hotter wife AS
younger AS

McDumb 0
Smith 0

P.S. WTF! Why do I have a Cowboy sig on my name. I hate them!

anybody that claims to be a Niner fan but chooses a cowboys logo as his sig, needs to quit frontin

[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 1, 2010 at 13:16:45 ]
  • yummy12
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by foreign49er:
This is a no-brainer for the 49ers. I don't understand how there has been any hesitation whatsoever. If Alex is so young then keep him as a back-up, he's making back-up money.

Even if McNabb lasts 2-3 years, that's 2-3 Super Bowl runs with Smith/Davis stepping in once he's gone. It also gives us 2-3 years to find a new QB if Smith wants to leave and Davis isn't the real deal.

Say what you want about Favre and Warner but the Vikings were in the NFC championship and the Cards got to the Super Bowl. We haven't even been to the playoffs. Think about that for a second, the Cardinals have had a more prestigious and successful decade than we have. It's embarrassing.

Worst case scenario, McNabb comes in and stinks it up. Alex comes in and nothing has changed, except you have Donovan McNabb as your back-up. McNabb is in the last year of his contract so you can let him walk at the end of the season.

It's not as if Smith is a sure thing either. He improved last year but padded his stats a lot making big losses close losses. David Carr is not a viable back-up plan for a team with serious Super Bowl aspirations, having Alex Smith is a pretty damn good back-up plan.

I get the feeling this won't happen and it's very disheartening to see the 49ers turn down a HOF QB available for a 2nd round pick.

Because Alex Smith lovers would cry. They seem to think he going to turn into Steve Young. lmao
Share 49ersWebzone