LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

McNabb rumors (ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ, and more)

Shop 49ers game tickets
only valid point on it is the fact that Scotty was a vocal supporter...so what if Jed is pushing for something big...maybe not qb but risky upgrades or something like that....we'll see how this goes as the offseason goes
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I'd rather have Kolb.............

If you really think the Eagles are going to trade Kolb, you're freakin looney tunes.
Why doesn't anyone want McNabb? Would you rather have Smith or Carr over McNabb a proven QB,leader,and winner.
if this happens, I will have lost all faith in this organization. Why sign Carr when you know you're gonna go after McNabb? All this would prove to me is that this organization has NO idea where to go from here.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

In the wake of the Scot McCloughan leave of absence -- and possible relocation -- we consider what changes might befall the team as we throttle towards the draft and the rest of the offseason. One interesting potential development, per Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News, is that QB Alex Smith's job security (tenuous as it is) might be further threatened now that his one vocal supporter is likely gone.

If this is the case, the 49ers might be up the creek, as the saying goes, since the free agent market is all but dried up. Or are they?

Going a bit speculative here, but back when we considered the possible trade destinations for Donovan McNabb, the 49ers were considered one of the front-runners given the slate of QBs on the depth chart and their trade ammunition. If Kawakami's insights are true -- that team president Jed York was instrumental in going after Kurt Warner, and "pushed" for the team to call on Jay Cutler and Brady Quinn in the past -- and if McCloughan is no longer in the way, what's stopping York from again pushing to acquire a player that is, by all accounts (and for the right price), available? If this team is suddenly the favorite to win the NFC West, wouldn't it make sense to acquire a proven veteran QB that -- failures at the highest level aside -- has been to the playoffs on a near-yearly basis? Doesn't seem like much of a stretch, we'll see whether this heats up.

all speculation. and hell-to-the-no.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
It's just the same speculation that's been floating, just from another source. The only difference between it and the hare brained ideas many post here is that these guys get paid.
u dont think mcnabb will leave philly...i live in the area and they hate mcnabb here...dunno why...never could understand why...but still do not want him as a niner because he is way to old to build with...only understandable trade would be a 3rd rounder in my mind with maybe a 5th
Not happening.
Tim Kawakami always says s**t. His "sources" say this, his "sources" say that.

Truth is, he has no sources in the Niners. Probably just reads up on forums like this.
and they are not trading kolb...everyone wants him to start in front of mcnabb...again dunno why...philly fans are crazy...only way they are gettin rid of kold is a 1rst and a 2nd at the very least

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Why doesn't anyone want McNabb? Would you rather have Smith or Carr over McNabb a proven QB,leader,and winner.

for me...it's Smith or McNabb.......But Y would McNabb even wanna come here? Especially Now?
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

for me...it's Smith or McNabb.......But Y would McNabb even wanna come here? Especially Now?

Why wouldn't he? Like I've Said before we are like last years Vikings we are a good QB away from being a great team.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Make it happen
LOL. There's an argument about "Can Alex Smith lead the Niners to the Superbowl..." and same people in that thread that said, "No," are in here wanting Donovan McNabb? Word? Donovan McNabb? How lame. Dude can't even lead a perennial winning franchise, with great ownership/coaching/players, to the Superbowl, why do you think he'd come here and win one for us? Do we have good ownership, coaching or even comparable players to the Eagles? f**king ridiculous. Tired of this s**t.
for a 2nd ? i can actually work with that
Share 49ersWebzone