There are 210 users in the forums

Best/Worst uniforms

Shop 49ers game tickets

is that otis amey? bring him back.

i love the all black ravens uni's as well as the powdered blue chargers.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
lol, raiders uniforms can't be beaten. Our new ones are probably somewhere in the middle of the pack.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by A-R-S:
lol, raiders uniforms can't be beaten. Our new ones are probably somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Their logos are badass but the uniform is boring IMO.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
lest we forget...

Best unis ever.

I could very well be wrong, but didnt we go undefeated in those uni's that year? I know we lost some games...KC, Eagles (badly) and I dont remember off hand who else, but I thought we we were wearing the regular uni's when we'd lost. So we ended up taking the throwbacks into the playoffs and eventually winning the SB in them.
Originally posted by d49izme:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
lest we forget...

Best unis ever.

I could very well be wrong, but didnt we go undefeated in those uni's that year? I know we lost some games...KC, Eagles (badly) and I dont remember off hand who else, but I thought we we were wearing the regular uni's when we'd lost. So we ended up taking the throwbacks into the playoffs and eventually winning the SB in them.

The team first donned the 1955 throwback uniforms during their week 3 match against the Los Angeles Rams and the following week at home versus the Saints, with both being wins (coincidentally, these were also the first two games Deion Sanders played after signing as a free-agent with the 49ers). The team then suffered an embarrassing 40-8 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles at home wearing their regular uniforms with gold pants, with Steve Young angrily being benched to prevent him getting injured. For the subsequent three games until their BYE week, the team again was scheduled to play games wearing the throwback uniforms with white pants and dropshadows, and all three games resulted in wins. As the 49ers embarked during the following weeks on what would eventually be a 10-game winning streak that ultimately culminated in a Super Bowl XXIX victory, the team (prompted both by the superstition of then coach George Seifert, as well as the preference of players) petitioned the NFL to wear the throwback uniforms for the rest of the season, which was granted. The switch to solid red socks after the team's BYE week in the middle of the season marked this occurrence. In all the 49ers went 15-1 (including the playoffs) wearing the 1955/1994 throwback uniforms, (the only loss being the regular season finale on the road at Minnesota, with the team wearing white jerseys and resting most of their starters for the playoffs). Meanwhile the 49ers went undefeated wearing the red jerseys of the throwback uniform. After winning Super Bowl XXIX however, the team was compelled to revert to wearing its regular 1964-style uniforms (1991 revised design) for the following 1995 season.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 17, 2010 at 8:59 AM ]
the new niners uniform is the tightest!

the new packers uniform is fugly
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Worst uniforms

hahaha

Not that the Jets uni is bad or anything but that photo reminds me of this one from Oscar-Meyer-gate...

Originally posted by ghostrider:
Worst uniforms

hahaha

Not that the Jets uni is bad or anything but that photo reminds me of this one from Oscar-Meyer-gate...

mmm... hot dog.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Worst uniforms

hahaha

mmm... hot dog.

Wasn't that Stoney's hot dog?
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:
Originally posted by momoney925:

I forgot about the Eagles black alternates! The Panther away jersey's are also kind of cool

How can u hate the Lions' unis and like the Panthers' alternates? They look the same

This is the most gorgeous pile of uniforms in the NFL!

Worst:

IMO Buffalo should wear their 'OJ' Throwbacks 'full-time'.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Mar 18, 2010 at 3:49 AM ]
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:
Originally posted by momoney925:

I forgot about the Eagles black alternates! The Panther away jersey's are also kind of cool

How can u hate the Lions' unis and like the Panthers' alternates? They look the same

Electric Blue and Black is more appealing than Powder Blue and Silver
Any all-black jerseys are way overrated on this board.

I don't know why everybody loves them, they're ugly as hell.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Any all-black jerseys are way overrated on this board.

I don't know why everybody loves them, they're ugly as hell.

1995 niners was the best ever
Share 49ersWebzone