There are 153 users in the forums

Rumor: per 101ESPN: Rams and Eagles in serious talks about McNNabb.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
McNabb would be a great pickup for St. Louis
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
As for Rams trading for Mcnabb? The Rams have too many holes and are rebuilding. Why would Mcnabb want to finish his career playing for them?

He can't block the trade because his contract does not contain a no trade clause. He would easily fill the most glaring hole on the roster and they still would have the 1st overall pick in the draft and some money they could burn in FA.

Then there is always the possibility they deal that pick to Tampa and let them take their choice of Suh/McCoy and acquire one of their two 2nd round picks this year (plus a player or a 2011 pick) and take someone like Berry or JPP/Morgan in the 1st.
Doesn't bother me. They have no defense. McNabb rarely goes 80 yards down the field. He's a quick hitter QB, big play or bust; and with no defense to get him the ball in the redzone, or close to it, he's not going to be good.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Doesn't bother me. They have no defense. McNabb rarely goes 80 yards down the field. He's a quick hitter QB, big play or bust; and with no defense to get him the ball in the redzone, or close to it, he's not going to be good.

Maybe. But I could see him and Avery lighting it up in that dome.
If this were to happen.. The Rams will go from a potential 2-5 win team to a 5-7 win team easily..

Just like we would go from a potential 8-10 win team to a 9-12 win team with McNabb, but NO SUPERBOWL guarntee either way..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Maybe you have never seen the deep bombs he throws to Jackson.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by susweel:

maybe you didnt see all the deep overthrows he sailed over Jackson's head during the final 4 games of 2009. McChoke is done. his accuracy and his touch have deteriorated quickly in the past 3 years. ask any real Eagle fan.
Originally posted by boast:

maybe you didnt see all the deep overthrows he sailed over Jackson's head during the final 4 games of 2009. McChoke is done. his accuracy and his touch have deteriorated quickly in the past 3 years. ask any real Eagle fan.

LOL

2009 season:

60.3 completion %

22 tds 10 ints

3,553 passing yards

QB RATING: 92.9

Yup, he's clearly washed up and would be of no value to a team stockpiled with great qb talent like the niners.

[ Edited by nflguy49 on Mar 4, 2010 at 23:12:03 ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

LOL

2009 season:

60.3 completion %

22 tds 10 ints

3,553 passing yards

Yup, he's clearly washed up and would be of no value to a team stockpiled with great qb talent like the niners.

again, watch the last three regular season games and the playoff game against Dallas. i did. all my good friends are Eagle fans.

stats don't mean s**t. wins do.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

LOL

2009 season:

60.3 completion %

22 tds 10 ints

3,553 passing yards

again, watch the last three regular season games and the playoff game against Dallas. i did. all my good friends are Eagle fans.

so your basing that he is done just because of 4 bad games ???

LOL

2009 season:

60.3 completion %

22 tds 10 ints

3,553 passing yards

Hey! Don't you know that he's friends with some eagles fans?

Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Mcnabb sucks now, hes not what he used to be, yes he was on teams that beat our ass, but the Eagles have better players than the f**king Rams

you dont know football.

yes he does.
hes right, mcnabb cant do s**t with the receivers the rams have compared to DJax, Maclin, Celek.

remember mcnabb took james trash and todd stinkston to the playoffs i am from philly he didn't always have good recievers. he just got those in the past 2 yrs. He has been the eagles for 10 yrs at least. But he would be going to the rams who have a worse team now than the eagles ever had back then without as good a RB as the rams have.
[ Edited by tchoc069 on Mar 5, 2010 at 3:26 PM ]
Would be great pickup for the Rams.
Originally posted by Chief:
Read this from another forum.

Teams talking about sending QB Donovan McNabb to St. Louis.

Anyone know more about this or have anything solid, like a link?

Question: Why is a 1-15 team that is far away from being competitive getting a 33 year old QB? Do they think they have the pieces in place to make a playoff run? I could totally see if the Vikings did this if Favre retired but not the Rams. He would make them better but how much without talent and for how long? Why get rid of a high draft pick?

LOL

2009 season:

60.3 completion %

22 tds 10 ints

3,553 passing yards

no he is bashing him cuz he chokes when the game is on the line. He is definitely an upgrade over any of the qbs we have, but i cant see him winning a superbowl
Share 49ersWebzone