LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Rumor: per 101ESPN: Rams and Eagles in serious talks about McNNabb.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
McNabb to the Rams ? LMAO, we'll kick his ace twice a year now. He doesn't have that line to back him up now.

St.Louis surrendered 25 sacks last year while the beaten up and injury riddled Philly OL surrendered 44.

This.

People seem to fail top realize that upgrading a position like QB instantly upgrades the line, the receiving core, and the RBs. Typical NT-like posts in this thread even though this is NFL Talk.
They would instantly be a better team. And it doesn't matter is they have lame WR's great qb's make them better. McNabb took a bunch of scrub WR's to the NFC Championship 4 times and to one super bowl. Good move for the Rams imo.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Until I see a link, I'm not believing that anything is happening between the Eagles and the Rams.

On another hand, I do think that McNabb will help with the Rams. I just don't think that it will make them into division contenders overnight though. There are some legit concerns regarding McNabb and if it does happen, I'll be interested to see how it fairs.

-9fA

Here you go :

Quote:
According to more than one well-informed source, the Rams have had intense internal conversations with the Philadelphia Eagles about a trade for Pro Bowler Donovan McNabb.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/bryanburwell/story/291CA0065C40F05A862576DA0011CD4A?OpenDocument
Originally posted by lamontb:
They would instantly be a better team. And it doesn't matter is they have lame WR's great qb's make them better. McNabb took a bunch of scrub WR's to the NFC Championship 4 times and to one super bowl. Good move for the Rams imo.

+1
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
we should be the ones getting McNabb

From Schefter

"For all the chatter there is about Donovan McNabb, and whether or not he'll be spending the 2010 season in Philadelphia, the only place he is not expected to wind up is in St. Louis. The Rams have not had any -- repeat, any -- trade discussions with the Eagles regarding a potential trade for McNabb. The Rams would love to upgrade their quarterback position, and no one will be surprised if the Eagles deal one of their quarterbacks, but it won't be McNabb going to St. Louis."
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
From Schefter

"For all the chatter there is about Donovan McNabb, and whether or not he'll be spending the 2010 season in Philadelphia, the only place he is not expected to wind up is in St. Louis. The Rams have not had any -- repeat, any -- trade discussions with the Eagles regarding a potential trade for McNabb. The Rams would love to upgrade their quarterback position, and no one will be surprised if the Eagles deal one of their quarterbacks, but it won't be McNabb going to St. Louis."

annnnnnd...
Originally posted by Dino:
From Schefter

annnnnnd...
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Until I see a link, I'm not believing that anything is happening between the Eagles and the Rams.

On another hand, I do think that McNabb will help with the Rams. I just don't think that it will make them into division contenders overnight though. There are some legit concerns regarding McNabb and if it does happen, I'll be interested to see how it fairs.

-9fA

Here you go :

Quote:
According to more than one well-informed source, the Rams have had intense internal conversations with the Philadelphia Eagles about a trade for Pro Bowler Donovan McNabb.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/bryanburwell/story/291CA0065C40F05A862576DA0011CD4A?OpenDocument

Thanks for the link.

So while the Rams have had internal conversations, they still have yet to even contact the Eagles. I still say that nothing is happening between the Eagles and the Rams.

-9fA
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Mcnabb + Rams = 5-11 Rams team at best

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by horsecore:
McNabb to the Rams ? LMAO, we'll kick his ace twice a year now. He doesn't have that line to back him up now.

St.Louis surrendered 25 sacks last year while the beaten up and injury riddled Philly OL surrendered 44.

This.

People seem to fail top realize that upgrading a position like QB instantly upgrades the line, the receiving core, and the RBs. Typical NT-like posts in this thread even though this is NFL Talk.

Eagles Pass a lot....Rams run a lot..Steven Jackson was 3rd in the league for rushes/game..
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Dino:
From Schefter

annnnnnd...

No reason for this to get locked you nubs, it says in the title that it is a RUMOR as per 101ESPN a radio station, there is no truth behind it other than rumor.
I'm more worried about the possibility of Mcnabb going to Arizona. Since the Cardinals lost Warner and will probably fall apart it's likely the Niners could win the division by default (by simply sucking less then our crappy division opponents). If Arizona can get Mcnabb then our easy road to a div win goes bye bye. The Niners beat Arizona twice last season but the Cardinals were much better then the Niners outside of the nfc west(which is why the Cards still won the div despite two losses to SF).. I worry it will be the same story if Mcnabb joins Arizona.

As for Rams trading for Mcnabb? The Rams have too many holes and are rebuilding. Why would Mcnabb want to finish his career playing for them?

The Niners on the other hand have enough pieces in place to make a playoff run. Sure we could use upgrades at a few positions (Left Guard and RT to name a few) but the main thing preventing the Niners from being serious playoff contenders is the QB position. If Mcnabb were to sign with the Niners it would instantly make the Niners the favorites to win the NFC West. Mcnabb doesn't need to be a probowler for us. He simply needs to be average and that would be a huge improvement over the crap we get from our current starting qb.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by crzy:
Why would people be laughing. Are you kidding me?

Donovan McNabb >>>>> Matt Lienart, Alex Smith, and Matt Hasselbeck combined

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

Yes, McNabb is overrated.

But Donovan McNabb is judged by a different, higher standard because he is on a completely different level than the s**tty quarterbacks of the NFC West.

McNabb is a competent quarterback who has actually proven that he can lead a football team to the playoffs. Something that Matt Leinart and Alex Smith have never ever shown they can do.

Anyone who doesn't want McNabb is just crazy.

Because the Rams have a s**tty OL, s**tty D, s**tty WRs, etc.

Bringing in McNabb won't help them much at all.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Lets hope your right, because if they DO get McNabb, and they kick our ass.......
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by horsecore:

This.

Eagles Pass a lot....Rams run a lot..Steven Jackson was 3rd in the league for rushes/game..

They know how good of a player Jackson is and wanted him to be the centerpiece of the offense considering he was the easily their best offensive player. McNabb's extensive knowledge of the WCO would allow them to be more of a passing team and take some pressure off of Jackson.
Share 49ersWebzone