LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

Rumor: per 101ESPN: Rams and Eagles in serious talks about McNNabb.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by crzy:
Why would people be laughing. Are you kidding me?

Donovan McNabb >>>>> Matt Lienart, Alex Smith, and Matt Hasselbeck combined

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

Yes, McNabb is overrated.

But Donovan McNabb is judged by a different, higher standard because he is on a completely different level than the s**tty quarterbacks of the NFC West.

McNabb is a competent quarterback who has actually proven that he can lead a football team to the playoffs. Something that Matt Leinart and Alex Smith have never ever shown they can do.

Anyone who doesn't want McNabb is just crazy.

Because the Rams have a s**tty OL, s**tty D, s**tty WRs, etc.

Bringing in McNabb won't help them much at all.

Why is this so hard to understand?

If they can pull the deal off for a 2011 1st rounder then it would be of immense help. They can add a couple of chips via FA and could grab Suh or McCoy to bolster the DL. As it stands their OL was better than ours was, and Jason Smith only played a handful of games due to injuries. I'd be fearing that they could contend as earlier as next year depending on how they play there cards in FA and the draft, if not by 2011.

And FWIW, McNabb has dealt with having a not so great bunch of receivers in Philly before and managed just fine to put up good number and win games.

That would be insanely stupid if they gave the Eagles their 2011 1st rounder. The Rams will still be rebuilding, so not having that 1st rounder would really hurt them.

And yes, getting top FA's would help them...but they won't get top FA's because nobody wants to go play for the worst team in the league.

And again, McNabb has succeeded in the past with average receivers, but he had one of the best defenses and best OLs in the league to help him.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
LOL

McRibbs as a Ram wouldn't last past week 4.

This...

Any injuries McNabb had in the past would pale in comparison to the kind of beating he would take behind the Rams o-line.
who the hell does mcnabb have to throw to in stl?? last time i checked hes not peyton in which he can make any wr look serviceable. mcnabb whos older will be running for his life, i wont be worried
He'll be an Eagle for life.

Eagles just want a ridiculous amount of picks and money for his ass.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

But Donovan McNabb is judged by a different, higher standard because he is on a completely different level than the s**tty quarterbacks of the NFC West.

McNabb is a competent quarterback who has actually proven that he can lead a football team to the playoffs. Something that Matt Leinart and Alex Smith have never ever shown they can do.

If they can pull the deal off for a 2011 1st rounder then it would be of immense help. They can add a couple of chips via FA and could grab Suh or McCoy to bolster the DL. As it stands their OL was better than ours was, and Jason Smith only played a handful of games due to injuries. I'd be fearing that they could contend as earlier as next year depending on how they play there cards in FA and the draft, if not by 2011.

And FWIW, McNabb has dealt with having a not so great bunch of receivers in Philly before and managed just fine to put up good number and win games.

That would be insanely stupid if they gave the Eagles their 2011 1st rounder. The Rams will still be rebuilding, so not having that 1st rounder would really hurt them.

And yes, getting top FA's would help them...but they won't get top FA's because nobody wants to go play for the worst team in the league.

And again, McNabb has succeeded in the past with average receivers, but he had one of the best defenses and best OLs in the league to help him.

I never said top FA's, but maybe one bigger name free agent and a couple (maybe even a few) key role players.

With the addition of one of the top 2 DT's +OJ Atogwe, James Laurinaitis and Chris Long it shows they have players to build a good defense around. If they can further develop or get a breakout from some of the other players on that side of the ball their D can make strides similar to how we have.

And the Eagles reportedly want a 1st rounder for McNabb, so parting with a future 1st round pick at least allows them to keep all their picks this year to bolster some of the glaring holes they have on their current roster. While they would lose the chance to add 1 starter next year they could make up for by adding another key veteran player in 2011 via FA. A hefty price to pay but one that could pay quick dividends in a weak division.

Not saying they'd be SB contenders but divisional contenders (and possibly playoff) bound yes.

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

I never said top FA's, but maybe one bigger name free agent and a couple (maybe even a few) key role players.

With the addition of one of the top 2 DT's +OJ Atogwe, James Laurinaitis and Chris Long it shows they have players to build a good defense around. If they can further develop or get a breakout from some of the other players on that side of the ball their D can make strides similar to how we have.

And the Eagles reportedly want a 1st rounder for McNabb, so parting with a future 1st round pick at least allows them to keep all their picks this year to bolster some of the glaring holes they have on their current roster. While they would lose the chance to add 1 starter next year they could make up for by adding another key veteran player in 2011 via FA. A hefty price to pay but one that could pay quick dividends in a weak division.

Not saying they'd be SB contenders but divisional contenders (and possibly playoff) bound yes.

And by the time all their young guys start playing well together, McNabb will be gone and they will have wasted a 1st rounder trading for him.

There is absolutely zero chance that the Rams will be division contenders next year, even if they do get McNabb.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
who the hell does mcnabb have to throw to in stl?? last time i checked hes not peyton in which he can make any wr look serviceable. mcnabb whos older will be running for his life, i wont be worried

He managed to help lead his team to the NFC Championship with the likes of Todd Pinkston, James Thrash and Fred-Ex.

He managed to help lead his team to the NFC Championship with the likes of Todd Pinkston, James Thrash and Fred-Ex.

...with one of the best defenses, best OLs, and best RBs in the league.

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

My thinking too. If the rams do get him, it is no joke. Say goodbye to two "easy" wins against them. I'm not saying they'll win the division, but to totally dismiss him making a difference is completely retarded. I think I a lot of you underrate how much difference a QB can make, with pieces there or not, and especially when it comes to McNabb.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

My thinking too. If the rams do get him, it is no joke. Say goodbye to two "easy" wins against them. I'm not saying they'll win the division, but to totally dismiss him making a difference is completely retarded. I think I a lot of you underrate how much difference a QB can make, with pieces there or not, and especially when it comes to McNabb.

I think you underrate how important a good OL and a good defense is.

he would make the Rams better, but they would still suck.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

This sums up my thoughts in a single, concise statement.

...with one of the best defenses, best OLs, and best RBs in the league.

exactly and it doesnt help mcnabb is older
Originally posted by HessianDud:

This sums up my thoughts in a single, concise statement.

• evil
  • Veteran

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

And by the time all their young guys start playing well together, McNabb will be gone and they will have wasted a 1st rounder trading for him.

There is absolutely zero chance that the Rams will be division contenders next year, even if they do get McNabb.

Just exactly how good are the other teams in this division ? Bulger, Boller and Null were terrible last year, a major upgrade at QB plus a few players from FA and whatever they haul in from the draft and it's not an impossible task for them to target 7-9 wins next year, and 9 wins could very well be good enough to win this division. KC, Oakland, TB, Carolina & Detroit would all be winnable games next year (heck even Washington could be too seeing as Shanny will be in year 1) plus 6 games vs the NFC West where they could conceivably win 3-4 games and that doesn't include them pulling off any possible upsets or getting lucky and playing a team suffering a rash of injuries.
Share 49ersWebzone