LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Rumor: per 101ESPN: Rams and Eagles in serious talks about McNNabb.

Shop 49ers game tickets
I doubt this. Here's my reasoning / conspiracy theory:

I heard that the 49ers were interested in McNabb but Philly wants one of our 1st rounders (rumor last week). 49ers of course refused and were willing to give up their 2nd rounder instead. The 49ers hold firm by even stating that Alex Smith is the starter next season during the combine. (but if Singletary is so confident in Smith, why is there no talks of contract extension- because he isn't.)

Philly stills wants a 1st rounder so what do they do? Drive up the asking price by getting another team involved: the Rams who have a higher 2nd rd pick. (essentially a low 1st round pick). Besides higher 2nd rd pick, current Rams OC is Pat Shurmur who was QB coach for Andy Reid, and Spagnuoulo started his coaching career under Andy Reid as well. Simply put, the Rams are just doing Philly a favor.

Plus St. Louis has been more tied to the Vick trades than McNabb.

Some rhetorical questions:

Do you honestly think Andy Reid would trade McNabb to the worst team in the league to finish his career?

Do you think St. Louis would trade for McNabb knowing they are probably 3-4 years away from playoff contention again?

Do you think McNabb would let this happen?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Mcnabb sucks now, hes not what he used to be, yes he was on teams that beat our ass, but the Eagles have better players than the f**king Rams

you dont know football.

lol, neither do you if you really think adding McNabb is suddenly going to turn the Rams around.

i was joking with val........

I would go out on a limb and say they would compete for the division.

Are you out of your mind? They would NOT be competing for the division.

Maybe I am. Im just saying Mcnabb has been to Multiple Championships games with the mostly shabby Wideouts a good RB and great use of the TE.
Mcnabb sucks now, hes not what he used to be, yes he was on teams that beat our ass, but the Eagles have better players than the f**king Rams

you dont know football.

lol, neither do you if you really think adding McNabb is suddenly going to turn the Rams around.

Maybe I am. Im just saying Mcnabb has been to Multiple Championships games with the mostly shabby Wideouts a good RB and great use of the TE.

He did it with one of the best defenses and OLs in the league. The Rams aren't even average in those areas.

McNabb is good, but he won't help them win more than 2-3 games, and he won't even be around more than a couple years.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Why would people be laughing. Are you kidding me?

Donovan McNabb >>>>> Matt Lienart, Alex Smith, and Matt Hasselbeck combined

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

Yes, McNabb is overrated.

But Donovan McNabb is judged by a different, higher standard because he is on a completely different level than the s**tty quarterbacks of the NFC West.

McNabb is a competent quarterback who has actually proven that he can lead a football team to the playoffs. Something that Matt Leinart and Alex Smith have never ever shown they can do.

Anyone who doesn't want McNabb is just crazy.
Originally posted by crzy:

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

But Donovan McNabb is judged by a different, higher standard because he is on a completely different level than the s**tty quarterbacks of the NFC West.

McNabb is a competent quarterback who has actually proven that he can lead a football team to the playoffs. Something that Matt Leinart and Alex Smith have never ever shown they can do.

Because the Rams have a s**tty OL, s**tty D, s**tty WRs, etc.

Bringing in McNabb won't help them much at all.

Why is this so hard to understand?

you dont know football.

He did it with one of the best defenses and OLs in the league. The Rams aren't even average in those areas.

McNabb is good, but he won't help them win more than 2-3 games, and he won't even be around more than a couple years.

True about the Defense but dude we are talking the NFC WEST.

Niners_ehh we still suck major ass. 8-8 Its true.
Leinhart and the Cards might hit 8-8
Seattle is looking real bootsie maybe get 6 wins.

I might back of my comment of themcompeting for the division but they could throw up 7-8 wins.

whatta ya think huckle?
He'd improve the Rams but I still doubt he'll make them competitive, they have a lot more holes to fill.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I doubt this. Here's my reasoning / conspiracy theory:

I heard that the 49ers were interested in McNabb but Philly wants one of our 1st rounders (rumor last week). 49ers of course refused and were willing to give up their 2nd rounder instead. The 49ers hold firm by even stating that Alex Smith is the starter next season during the combine. (but if Singletary is so confident in Smith, why is there no talks of contract extension- because he isn't.)

Philly stills wants a 1st rounder so what do they do? Drive up the asking price by getting another team involved: the Rams who have a higher 2nd rd pick. (essentially a low 1st round pick). Besides higher 2nd rd pick, current Rams OC is Pat Shurmur who was QB coach for Andy Reid, and Spagnuoulo started his coaching career under Andy Reid as well. Simply put, the Rams are just doing Philly a favor.

Plus St. Louis has been more tied to the Vick trades than McNabb.

Some rhetorical questions:

Do you honestly think Andy Reid would trade McNabb to the worst team in the league to finish his career?

Do you think St. Louis would trade for McNabb knowing they are probably 3-4 years away from playoff contention again?

Do you think McNabb would let this happen?

On your Alex Smith thought about no talks of a contract, based on last years play he does not deserve to have a long term contract, yet. Sure he showed some improvement but he has to play well this next season in order for the 9ers to give him anymore money

Smith was given a s**t load of money already, nothing wrong with him having to earn his next payday.

Im an Alex Smith supporter by the way.
I'll take him for a 2nd rounder...

you dont know football.

True about the Defense but dude we are talking the NFC WEST.

Niners_ehh we still suck major ass. 8-8 Its true.
Leinhart and the Cards might hit 8-8
Seattle is looking real bootsie maybe get 6 wins.

I might back of my comment of themcompeting for the division but they could throw up 7-8 wins.

whatta ya think huckle?

I think any team in the NFC West is better than the Rams with McNabb.

They wouldn't win more than 5 games with him.

It makes sense for the Rams though:

1) They need a QB
2) They run the WCO - seamless transition for Donovan.
3) Shurmur is McNabb's former QB coach.

But I really don't think the Rams would trade McNabb because they are 3-4 years away from even competing in this league. Plus, I dont' think McNabb would want to go to the worst team in football.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

Because the Rams have a s**tty OL, s**tty D, s**tty WRs, etc.

Bringing in McNabb won't help them much at all.

Why is this so hard to understand?

If they can pull the deal off for a 2011 1st rounder then it would be of immense help. They can add a couple of chips via FA and could grab Suh or McCoy to bolster the DL. As it stands their OL was better than ours was, and Jason Smith only played a handful of games due to injuries. I'd be fearing that they could contend as earlier as next year depending on how they play there cards in FA and the draft, if not by 2011.

And FWIW, McNabb has dealt with having a not so great bunch of receivers in Philly before and managed just fine to put up good number and win games.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
They lack reliable weapons at WR and they are awful along the offensive line. With no legit TE weapon as well, I don't think McNabb will prosper in Stl.

In addition, learning a different playbook may lower his performance level. Factor all of that together, and I don't think it would be a wise move.

Most of the consistent playoff teams have drafted their franchise QB or signed him in free agency. I don't see McNabb has the fix to their problems.
LOL

McRibbs as a Ram wouldn't last past week 4.
Ok say the Rams do trade for Mcnabb, his contract is up after this next season anyway. Unless the Rams somehow got to the Superbowl IMO he wouldnt re-sign with them. IMO no matter who Mcnabb gets traded to this year, if he gets traded he will be a Viking in 2011, so I wouldnt give a 1st rounder for a one year rental
Share 49ersWebzone