LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 170 users in the forums

Sproles to be UFA

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just read on ESPN Bottomline that the Chargers will not tender his contract so he will be an unrestricted free agent

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Feb 27, 2010 at 18:16:50 ]
Sign him
i'm shocked both RB's are gone. i have a feeling they're aiming for cj spiller. i wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up to get him. reggie bush could be another option if he's released since he grew up in SD.
Very interesting development coming from two perspectives:

1. Would the 49ers consider Sproles in their search for a return man and change of pace back?

2. Would the 49ers be in position for SD to trade up with them, should a rb they desire be on the board?

Hmmmm....

Personally I wouldn't mind either scenario. We just need to solve our return issues and we need a guy that can take it to the house on any given play.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i'm shocked both RB's are gone. i have a feeling they're aiming for cj spiller. i wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up to get him. reggie bush could be another option if he's released since he grew up in SD.

Spiller is only what 10 more LBs than Sproles and the Chargers where concerned with Sproles being an every down back, i bet they are targeting the kid from Fresno State

I'm not so sure they'd want Spiller. I think they'd look for a workhorse rb first to carry the load. Sproles is in the same mold as Spiller, being an undersized speedster.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Spiller is only what 10 more LBs than Sproles and the Chargers where concerned with Sproles being an every down back, i bet they are targeting the kid from Fresno State

They should I think he's gonna be a beast in the NFL.
Maybe they're gunning for Chester Taylor?

This is a surprising me for me.

-9fA
I've been pitching for Sproles for 3 years now. It's time to pull the trigger.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

as what username ?

Sooooooooooooooooooo Spiller is too small but Sproles is perfect..........?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

as what username ?

Originally posted by jreff22:
Sooooooooooooooooooo Spiller is too small but Sproles is perfect..........?

Sproles is proven
Darren Sproles, is leaving san diego. There letting him walk. Thers are impact PR/KR/RB Back up to gore. Get him.
I don't see a link... but, if so, DO IT!

Share 49ersWebzone