LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Marshall & Boldin will be traded per Schefter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Marshall could get a look with the Redskins as somebody pointed out and I also agree that Boldin would be good in the Ravens offense seeing as how he's a physical WR who could help out in their run game.

I think that the prices that are being asked for both players is about market value. I think that in the end, they'll drop the latter round additional pick or make it a late round 2011 draft pick instead.

-9fA

devin thomas and malcolm kelly haven't showed flashes of anything? that sucks

I actually think that it's more so the Shanny connection and that for Snyder, there is no price too high.

Both Thomas and Kelly have performed well below expectations. It'll be interesting to see how they perform in Shanahan's offense though.

-9fA

This year will be a better year for the both of them, 3rd year is when you can really gauge a WR's level
Marshall is an elite WR and worth a 1st; however, I think teams will be reluctant to give up a high pick for a player that isn't going to be resigned anyway. Denver is just trying to get something in return for losing him.

IMO, if we gave away a 2nd (and maybe a mid-round pick) to grab Marshall, our offense would significantly be upgraded. Josh Morgan is good, but he's nowhere near Marshall. A trio of Marshall, Crabtree and Vernon would do wonders for our rushing attack also. Teams would be forced to respect our passing game.

I love Boldin's toughness, but he's a possession WR. Marshall is just as capable underneath, plus he's a nightmare deep. I know people will point to Marshall's character flaws, but he's matured a lot over the last year. Even after Coach Jackass benched him in their final game, Marshall had nothing but positive things to say about the situation and Denver. I think he finally gets it.

[ Edited by strickac on Feb 12, 2010 at 08:41:49 ]
I'd love either of them, but not for a 1st.
No Warner and no Boldin=good for 9ers!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Marshall is an elite WR and worth a 1st; however, I think teams will be reluctant to give up a high pick for a player that isn't going to be resigned anyway. Denver is just trying to get something in return for losing him.

IMO, if we gave away a 2nd (and maybe a mid-round pick) to grab Marshall, our offense would significantly be upgraded. Josh Morgan is good, but he's nowhere near Marshall. A trio of Marshall, Crabtree and Vernon would do wonders for our rushing attack also. Teams would be forced to respect our passing game.

I love Boldin's toughness, but he's a possession WR. Marshall is just as capable underneath, plus he's a nightmare deep. I know people will point to Marshall's character flaws, but he's matured a lot over the last year. Even after Coach Jackass benched him in their final game, Marshall had nothing but positive things to say about the situation and Denver. I think he finally gets it.

It's an interesting idea trading for Marshall. Would be beasting it with Crabtree and Marshall
Another thing to remember is if we were to trade for Marshall we'd have to pay the man too. That's probally a 45 million dollar extension there.

I could live with giving up a 1st round pick for him, throwing 45 mil on top is a little too much.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Another thing to remember is if we were to trade for Marshall we'd have to pay the man too. That's probally a 45 million dollar extension there.

I could live with giving up a 1st round pick for him, throwing 45 mil on top is a little too much.

No more salaray cap, so if the Yorks decide to spend some money it shouldn't be a problem
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

No more salaray cap, so if the Yorks decide to spend some money it shouldn't be a problem

As of right now that's just for one season. Just because the player's union doesn't want it back doesn't mean it's going away for good.

Besides we're not a rich market so don't expect the Yorks to spend with the big boys.
Classic fan base... overvalueing our players/picks and undervalueing other players.

I love the proponderancy of saying our player X is worth this pick (which is usually 2 to 4 rounds to high) and yet saying other teams player Y is only worth our _____ pick (which is almost always to low)

Consider the fact that almost half of first round picks aren't signifcant starters. A mid to late first for Brandon Marshall would be a steal, as would any second for Boldin.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

how about for Balmer, would you trade Balmer for him?

Originally posted by danimal:

Yep.
I'd be ecstatic with Marshall and an OT from the draft. Of course it'll never happen...
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I wish Boldin would stay in Arizona, this trade bait gives them a good chance to score a good QB... I would hate to see McNabb in our division.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:

Yep.

What are you insane? Balmer is the glue holding this team together! The defense would collapse if we traded Balmer!!!!
Have they ever announced what picks the Browns got for Edwards? If they got a 3rd from the Jets and they don't trade for a QB, than I could see the Walrus making a deal for one of these guys.
Share 49ersWebzone