• Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
This is why gunslingers like Marino and Favre can never be compared to guys like Montana/Brady/Manning. Sure they put up big stats. But a lot of times they hurt their teams in the process.

Exactly. Give me W's and Superbowls over big stats.

"Stats are for losers," Belichick said. "The final score is for winners."

You all are conveniently forgetting one thing: Favre won a Super Bowl. He also lost one, but nonetheless, he has done better than Marino. And besides, Belichick lost a Super Bowl!

And Belicheck won 3 SB's.

But were they on the up and up?

I have no idea what made you bring up Belicheck losing a Superbowl. The guy is a winner. 3 Superbowls and getting to a 4th in 1 decade is damn impressive. He's a winner.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Awesome. NFC championship decided by a coin toss and a series of questionable calls. It really ruins it b/c the Saints were outplayed and just got the lucky dice roll to win.

Dude...the Saints won the game because Adrian Peterson is garbage in meaningful games, Favre is now & always has been an interception machine, and Brad Childress is a f*cking retard.

If you call a pass on 3rd down with 19 seconds left, 1 time out, and you're within your kicker's range, you deserve to lose...period. They played TERRIBLE football in the second half, and saying that questionable calls decided this game is silly. The Vikings' lack of competence decided this game.

They fumbled 6 times. I would hardly put this game on Favre.

They had five turnovers. Three of them were fumbles, one being Favres, and 2 were interceptions. So thats three turnovers out of 5 all on Favre....I wouldn't say Lebreaker is crazy for putting the game on Favre.

The Fumble was on Adrian Peterson. Favre put it there but he couldn't handle it. They fumbled 6 times. They just recovered some of their own fumbles.

Yes it is crazy to put the game on Favre BTW. He played pretty well. The 12th guy in the huddle was a horrific move by somebody that took them out of field goal range. At that point Favre was just trying to force a play to get back into field goal range because the ball does you no good around the 40.

The game was more on Peterson than Favre. If there is one weakness he has it's fumbling way, way too much. For such a star player it is a glaring weakness.

Favre threw a pass into coverage with 19 seconds left on the clock on 3rd down, with one time out left on the clock while in field goal range. He could have pulled it down and run it...he could have checked to a run...or, he could have opted not to throw the ball into coverage.

Favre is an interception machine. This isn't opinion, its fact. He wasted his team's last opportunity to win the game...and his coach put him in a position to do it.

And for the record, I said that the game was lost by Peterson, Favre and Childress. Not just Favre. Just read my original post.

Next time the Vikings should try fumbling 4 or 5 times instead of 6 times and see how that goes in the conference championship game.

The Vikings fumbled twice (Peterson and Berrian) inside the Saints 5-10 yard lines. They should have had the game locked up well before Overtime would even enter the equation.

Still i don't know what the hell Favre was doing, i mean he had around a good 5 to 10 yards of running space to get the ball closer for their kicker. A definite bonehead play.
Originally posted by Youngone:
It must suck to wake up and be Brett favre

You guys should check out the Vikings message boards. They are complaining about every call the refs made. What a bunch of babies. The only real call that is questionable is the PI in OT. I don't like the call but they made that exact same call against the Saints on the tying TD in the 4th so you gotta stay consistent.
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:

You guys should check out the Vikings message boards. They are complaining about every call the refs made. What a bunch of babies. The only real call that is questionable is the PI in OT. I don't like the call but they made that exact same call against the Saints on the tying TD in the 4th so you gotta stay consistent.

that game was called horribly but what lost the vikings the game was all the fumbles

Are you sure? He's made over $100 Million in his career. How much have you made? He won the Super Bowl and played in another. He's been in the playoffs over and over again. He's clearly one of the top QB's to ever play overall.
Originally posted by valrod33:

that game was called horribly but what lost the vikings the game was all the fumbles

The fumbles were the most important factor in their loss.
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
This is why gunslingers like Marino and Favre can never be compared to guys like Montana/Brady/Manning. Sure they put up big stats. But a lot of times they hurt their teams in the process.

Exactly. Give me W's and Superbowls over big stats.

"Stats are for losers," Belichick said. "The final score is for winners."

You all are conveniently forgetting one thing: Favre won a Super Bowl. He also lost one, but nonetheless, he has done better than Marino. And besides, Belichick lost a Super Bowl!

I'm not talking only about SB victories. I'm talking abou stats that really don't help your team.

When you look at gunslingers what you see is impressive "ABSOLUTE" number: numbers of yards, attempts, TDs etc. However they are pretty mediocre when it comes to "RELATIVE" stats: comp. pct, TD-INT ratio, QB rating.

Which means their stats smany times hurt their teams. Sure passing for 4.000 yards a season is sexy, but not when you're doing it with a "f**k-it-I'm-throwing-deep" mentality. Look at the number of INTs Marino and Favre have had over the years.

You can say that Marino never played on a great team. But I can recall numerous times when he would throw games away with boneheaded plays like Favre did yesterday.

Are you sure? He's made over $100 Million in his career. How much have you made? He won the Super Bowl and played in another. He's been in the playoffs over and over again. He's clearly one of the top QB's to ever play overall.

What does the money he made or the money Youngone has made have to do with anything? You think that 100M makes Favre feel any better about the game? Favre is waking up with a sour taste in his mouth that won't go away for a long time knowing that if he doesn't make that pass it could have been different and his team could be in the Super Bowl. Plus the entire media is talking about how he screwed up. I think it's safe to say he probably feels like crap right now.
Originally posted by teeohh:

What does the money he made or the money Youngone has made have to do with anything? You think that 100M makes Favre feel any better about the game? Favre is waking up with a sour taste in his mouth that won't go away for a long time knowing that if he doesn't make that pass it could have been different and his team could be in the Super Bowl. Plus the entire media is talking about how he screwed up. I think it's safe to say he probably feels like crap right now.

Him feeling like crap after throwing picks to lose playoff games. Hmmm. One would think he's used to that by now.

LOL.

Dude his team fumbled 6 times. 6 times! Putting all of this loss on Favre is absurd. I expect as much on a 49ers website. But fumbling 6 times doesn't give you a good chance to win.

1) The Vikings are not in the playoffs without Favre.
2) They don't go as deep as they did without Favre.

Favre losing this game is massively overstated by the WZ and some members of the media.

Those 6 fumbles didn't matter at all. It was all Favre...
Originally posted by valrod33:

Yeah I thought that there were a couple of questionable calls that could have gone either way. The Meachem catch with this thigh I thought should have been overturned. That one left me scratching my ahead.

-9fA

Dude his team fumbled 6 times. 6 times! Putting all of this loss on Favre is absurd. I expect as much on a 49ers website. But fumbling 6 times doesn't give you a good chance to win.

1) The Vikings are not in the playoffs without Favre.
2) They don't go as deep as they did without Favre.

Favre losing this game is massively overstated by the WZ and some members of the media.

Those 6 fumbles didn't matter at all. It was all Favre...

Favre had a chance to run the ball, take a knee, throw it away etc.

He threw the ball across his body into coverage. Like Aikman said "Thats one of the first things they teach you..not to do that"
Share 49ersWebzone