There are 155 users in the forums

OFFICAL Conference Championships

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Awesome. NFC championship decided by a coin toss and a series of questionable calls. It really ruins it b/c the Saints were outplayed and just got the lucky dice roll to win.

Dude...the Saints won the game because Adrian Peterson is garbage in meaningful games, Favre is now & always has been an interception machine, and Brad Childress is a f*cking retard.

If you call a pass on 3rd down with 19 seconds left, 1 time out, and you're within your kicker's range, you deserve to lose...period. They played TERRIBLE football in the second half, and saying that questionable calls decided this game is silly. The Vikings' lack of competence decided this game.

They fumbled 6 times. I would hardly put this game on Favre.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Awesome. NFC championship decided by a coin toss and a series of questionable calls. It really ruins it b/c the Saints were outplayed and just got the lucky dice roll to win.

Dude...the Saints won the game because Adrian Peterson is garbage in meaningful games, Favre is now & always has been an interception machine, and Brad Childress is a f*cking retard.

If you call a pass on 3rd down with 19 seconds left, 1 time out, and you're within your kicker's range, you deserve to lose...period. They played TERRIBLE football in the second half, and saying that questionable calls decided this game is silly. The Vikings' lack of competence decided this game.

They had five turnovers. Three of them were fumbles, one being Favres, and 2 were interceptions. So thats three turnovers out of 5 all on Favre....I wouldn't say Lebreaker is crazy for putting the game on Favre.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

They had five turnovers. Three of them were fumbles, one being Favres, and 2 were interceptions. So thats three turnovers out of 5 all on Favre....I wouldn't say Lebreaker is crazy for putting the game on Favre.

The Fumble was on Adrian Peterson. Favre put it there but he couldn't handle it. They fumbled 6 times. They just recovered some of their own fumbles.

Yes it is crazy to put the game on Favre BTW. He played pretty well. The 12th guy in the huddle was a horrific move by somebody that took them out of field goal range. At that point Favre was just trying to force a play to get back into field goal range because the ball does you no good around the 40.

The game was more on Peterson than Favre. If there is one weakness he has it's fumbling way, way too much. For such a star player it is a glaring weakness.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 24, 2010 at 10:09 PM ]

The Fumble was on Adrian Peterson. Favre put it there but he couldn't handle it. They fumbled 6 times. They just recovered some of their own fumbles.

Yes it is crazy to put the game on Favre BTW. He played pretty well. The 12th guy in the huddle was a horrific move by somebody that took them out of field goal range. At that point Favre was just trying to force a play to get back into field goal range because the ball does you no good around the 40.

The game was more on Peterson than Favre. If there is one weakness he has it's fumbling way, way too much. For such a star player it is a glaring weakness.

Favre threw a pass into coverage with 19 seconds left on the clock on 3rd down, with one time out left on the clock while in field goal range. He could have pulled it down and run it...he could have checked to a run...or, he could have opted not to throw the ball into coverage.

Favre is an interception machine. This isn't opinion, its fact. He wasted his team's last opportunity to win the game...and his coach put him in a position to do it.

And for the record, I said that the game was lost by Peterson, Favre and Childress. Not just Favre. Just read my original post.
[ Edited by Legbreaker on Jan 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM ]

When it came down to it, they put the game in Favre's hand, and he f(cked it up. Qbs are taught in the third grade not to throw across the field. The Vikings deal with Peterson's fumbles, but Favre had only 7 INT's all year. He let them down when they needed him the most, how is it that hard to see?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Man, I'm probably going to get shot at, but I kinda felt bad for Farve.

I kinda wanted him to go out like Clint Eastwood and ride off with the loot.

I mean , he's not a fudgePacker anymore.

co-signed.

sucks to be you
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

co-signed.

I would have cheered for the Vikings if the Colts hadn't won.
Originally posted by teeohh:

co-signed.

Eff you all. You are all suspended 2 games from next season for faltering your Niner-hood.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

co-signed.

Eff you all. You are all suspended 2 games from next season for faltering your Niner-hood.

Lol f**k all that

I will never forgive Favre for what he did to us from 1995-1997 and this year for preventing us to go 9-7

f**k HIM

Favre threw a pass into coverage with 19 seconds left on the clock on 3rd down, with one time out left on the clock while in field goal range. He could have pulled it down and run it...he could have checked to a run...or, he could have opted not to throw the ball into coverage.

Favre is an interception machine. This isn't opinion, its fact. He wasted his team's last opportunity to win the game...and his coach put him in a position to do it.

And for the record, I said that the game was lost by Peterson, Favre and Childress. Not just Favre. Just read my original post.

Next time the Vikings should try fumbling 4 or 5 times instead of 6 times and see how that goes in the conference championship game.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

co-signed.

Lol f**k all that

I will never forgive Favre for what he did to us from 1995-1997 and this year for preventing us to go 9-7

f**k HIM

Thats exactly how i felt. I wanted Favre to lose round 1, let alone go to the super bowl.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

co-signed.

Lol f**k all that

f**k HIM

Thats exactly how i felt. I wanted Favre to lose round 1, let alone go to the super bowl.

i sorta wanted justin smith to make it to the pro bowl for his hard work and to see favre lose the biggest game of the season. however, that last play meltdown in the nfc championship game is a pretty good consolation prize mwahahhaha
Screw Farve. I hope this was his most painful loss ever and I hope it's his final game as a player. Hopefully he's at home right now crying like a little girl.
Probowl....

The NFL moving the Probowl to the Sunday before the Superbowl has made the game even more irrelevant. The probowl is supposed to be the best players in the game. Now we get players who make it only because the best players are still in the playoffs or because the better players (starters) just don't want to play in a probowl held in Miami. How many players have dropped out this season? It might be a record for alternates starting in the probowl.

Philip Rivers opted out of the probowl and Ben Rothlesburger wasn't interested so Vince Young made it. lol
Share 49ersWebzone