LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

OFFICAL Conference Championships

Shop 49ers game tickets
great game. it makes so sad, tho -- only one more game of my favorite sport to watch and then it's the super long, super boring months upon months of waiting for it to come back.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
story line of SuperBowl.

A New Orleans native leads the Indy Colts vs a Purdue graduate leading the New Orlean Saints.

good thing you edited. i was my head on that one
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
This is why gunslingers like Marino and Favre can never be compared to guys like Montana/Brady/Manning. Sure they put up big stats. But a lot of times they hurt their teams in the process.

Exactly. Give me W's and Superbowls over big stats.

Whew! It's a good thing we have Alex Smith!

(ducking from things being thrown)

don't worry, Favre threw something at you, but it got intercepted.

damn watching these playoffs made me realize with another draft to make our d top 5 and getting weapons and oline we can do the same thing the jets did but with a better offense if raye stays awake all 60 mins and alex continues to grow after a pretty good yr for not playing every gm. im confident we can make a nice run next yr, not sb but a good run to show the world the 9ers are f**king back
Vikings deserve to lose because of their sloppy play and turnovers
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
This is why gunslingers like Marino and Favre can never be compared to guys like Montana/Brady/Manning. Sure they put up big stats. But a lot of times they hurt their teams in the process.

Exactly. Give me W's and Superbowls over big stats.

"Stats are for losers," Belichick said. "The final score is for winners."

You all are conveniently forgetting one thing: Favre won a Super Bowl. He also lost one, but nonetheless, he has done better than Marino. And besides, Belichick lost a Super Bowl!

And Belicheck won 3 SB's.

But were they on the up and up?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
great game. it makes so sad, tho -- only one more game of my favorite sport to watch and then it's the super long, super boring months upon months of waiting for it to come back.

true that. at least i got the sharks until june god willing. i just cant wait till the draft already
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
damn watching these playoffs made me realize with another draft to make our d top 5 and getting weapons and oline we can do the same thing the jets did but with a better offense if raye stays awake all 60 mins and alex continues to grow after a pretty good yr for not playing every gm. im confident we can make a nice run next yr, not sb but a good run to show the world the 9ers are f**king back

What it reminds me is that it has been 16 years since we last went to and won a Super Bowl, and that the guy doing Van Heusen PFHOF commercials led us there.

true that. at least i got the sharks until june god willing. i just cant wait till the draft already

i know, right? i just want to fast forward to it - i think we'll have a slow FA period. and yea, we have the sharks to watch and hope they can advance in the playoffs for once... and then the giants come back.. but it's just not the same. i could watch the 49ers everyday all day. luckily there's youtube for that.

What it reminds me is that it has been 16 years since we last went to and won a Super Bowl, and that the guy doing Van Heusen PFHOF commercials led us there.

and im f**king p*ssed i didnt pay attention being that i was so young into the 94 sb

Tracy Porter pulled a d!ck move after the int at the end of the regulation when he did the J. Allen move

i know, right? i just want to fast forward to it - i think we'll have a slow FA period. and yea, we have the sharks to watch and hope they can advance in the playoffs for once... and then the giants come back.. but it's just not the same. i could watch the 49ers everyday all day. luckily there's youtube for that.

yeah fa will blow this yr with no cba possibly. so agree i can watch the 9ers/football all damn day. playoffs make me so damn jealous though watching 6 teams from each conference having that chance while our damn team sits once again for the 7th consecutive yr
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

and im f**king p*ssed i didnt pay attention being that i was so young into the 94 sb

I was 19 years old, I had signed the papers to join the National Guard. I watched the 1994 season, much like many Niner fans did, apprehensively. The 1994 team with the addition of notable free agents, specifically, Deion Sanders, was built with one purpose: Stop the Dallas Cowboys.

In many ways my young friend, the 94 season was decided when the Niners beat the Cowboys in the regular season. But, it was the 1994 NFC Championship game, in San Francisco, that sealed the deal. The Niners exploded against the boys early, and often. From there, they marched on to face the Chargers, who, frankly, did not have a chance in hell.

Steve Young connected with Jerry Rice early (about 1:30 secs) into the game, and the Niners never looked back. Young got the Monkey off his back, the Niners got their fifth title, and I went off to basic training with a big ass smile on my face. That same off season, Joe Montana retired. It was in many ways, the end of an era.

But, with every autumn dew comes football, and a chance a new for the Niners to return to glory. Until then, we wait and wonder.
[ Edited by fropwns on Jan 24, 2010 at 7:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Yo RonMexico.....

what did I did

Originally posted by RonMexico:
50 bucks he misses

I'll take that action

I never posted that

you and your mod powers