LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

Nolan Out in Denver?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
So Nolans defense was a big part of them going 6-0. Then McDaniels decides he wants to have more of a say in how the defense is run. Then they go 2-8?

Yeah McDaniels, stick to offense if you want your team to succeed.

That was I took from the Bronco's message board.

I had to laugh at all the "pure 34 vs Nolan's 34 hybrid" posts.

Ahhh... memories... Its funny to see other fans go through the same Nolan arguments we did.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:
So Nolans defense was a big part of them going 6-0. Then McDaniels decides he wants to have more of a say in how the defense is run. Then they go 2-8?

Ahhh... memories... Its funny to see other fans go through the same Nolan arguments we did.

Yeah but i remember watching that Bronco defense early in the season. They were awesome. Obviously McDaniels screwed that defense over.
Originally posted by jobiwon:
You guys are missing the connection. Miami is coaching in the Senior Bowl this year.
Coach Senior Bowl is back!!!!

damn good call. how did i not connect the dots
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by jobiwon:
You guys are missing the connection. Miami is coaching in the Senior Bowl this year.
Coach Senior Bowl is back!!!!

damn good call. how did i not connect the dots

OMG it lives
  • evil
  • Veteran

Hard to stay a pure 3-4 for Denver when they lack the personnel to truly run the system full time. Going back and forth between both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes makes it harder for team to decipher what it is you are trying to do and going to do, and it forces them to prepare for both looks.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Hard to stay a pure 3-4 for Denver when they lack the personnel to truly run the system full time. Going back and forth between both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes makes it harder for team to decipher what it is you are trying to do and going to do, and it forces them to prepare for both looks.

Yeah, I remember having those exact same conversations about our team. That's why I found it so funny.

I don't know how much truth there is to this, but the broncos fans seem to think their earlier defensive success was due to Nolan and his hybrid scheme. Then McDaniels forced him to run more of a "pure" 34 and the defense fell apart. There are some fans that don't see things that way, but most seem to hate losing Nolan.
  • evil
  • Veteran
http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1226848&position=1

So McD told Nolan he wanted to blitz less in 2010 ?
http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1226848&position=1

So McD told Nolan he wanted to blitz less in 2010 ?

naw

McD probably said less big nickel

so Nolan said "f**k it"

Yeah, I remember having those exact same conversations about our team. That's why I found it so funny.

I don't know how much truth there is to this, but the broncos fans seem to think their earlier defensive success was due to Nolan and his hybrid scheme. Then McDaniels forced him to run more of a "pure" 34 and the defense fell apart. There are some fans that don't see things that way, but most seem to hate losing Nolan.

There's always two sides. If McDaniels' ego led him to disrupt Nolan's defense at 6-0, then he's an idiot.

I'm sure they lost a game or two due to their defense before McDaniels started getting nosy.
Share 49ersWebzone