There are 237 users in the forums

JUST IN...Josh Cribbs is requesting Trade...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'd give a 2nd plus a 5th or something lower. Anything more and say NO. If they ask for one of the 1st rounders say no. But for a 2nd and Cribbs in return. Heck yes. He's the best return man in the game. He single handedly solves our return problems. Plus he can add a dynamic dimension to our offense as well.

BTW I don't think it will happen for several reasons.

1) Cleveland will probably end up keeping him.
2) Somebody will offer more than we will.
3) The YORKIES won't want to pay him the type of money he deserves.

It's a dream to believe we will get him but it would be great if we can do it.

stupid comment considering our recent spending on FA's, regardless of whether those FA pick ups were good or bad.
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by GameOver:
I wonder what Cleveland would want...I'd be a little iffy if we had to give up a 2nd rounder...any less than that I'd say do it without even thinking about it, hell I'd go a 3rd and 4th/5th no question...but a 2nd...lol, id be 50/50 on it...and thats assuming we work out a contract with him so we dont have the same issues he currently does in Cleveland, Im talkin long term, like 5 years baby...

Considering that the return game arguably cost us the playoffs, I wouldn't mind a second, only because we have two 1sts. And I agree about the contract. It doesn't seem that they will give him another offer though, I hope Scott already called them up!

True...the return game can be blamed for one (of many) reason why we didn't make the playoffs this year...damn, that stings so bad...

Niner Nation is hoping right now that Scotty has been busy blowing up Cleveland's phones and trying to make this happen...

lol although we do have a lot of problems honestly if we had a good return game i think we would be in the playoffs now
We MUST sign him!! It just makes too much sense.

Does anyone have McC's e-mail address/phone #?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'd give a 2nd plus a 5th or something lower. Anything more and say NO. If they ask for one of the 1st rounders say no. But for a 2nd and Cribbs in return. Heck yes. He's the best return man in the game. He single handedly solves our return problems. Plus he can add a dynamic dimension to our offense as well.

BTW I don't think it will happen for several reasons.

1) Cleveland will probably end up keeping him.
2) Somebody will offer more than we will.
3) The YORKIES won't want to pay him the type of money he deserves.

It's a dream to believe we will get him but it would be great if we can do it.

Thats a played out critisizm of the Yorks and makes you look ignorant and petty in light of the moster contracts given to Nate, Smith (qb), Smith (dl) etc.....

Give it a freakin rest dude. The Yorks are NOT cheap, and have proven are willing to spend. Question their decision making ablities all you want, and rightfully so, but GTF outta here with that cheap shiz.
this organization doesn't have it in them to bring us Cribbs. If we brought him in, and that's all we did as far as FA goes, I'd be astounded and a very very happy man. A solid return man is as valuable as any other group on the team.
We dont need a returner, we just need blockers on return
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by E-49er:
I like Cribbs as a player but why would you pay Cribbs a bunch of money and give up a draft pick if the only place he can help you is in the return game and as a wildcat QB? I would much rather keep the draft pick and draft a guy like CJ Spiller or any player that can help you in both the return game and on the field as a solid contributor at WR or a backup RB.

Because Cribbs is one of the games biggest game changers. He is electric, sells tickets, scores points, always must be accounted for, is a proven success, can be a solid number 3 receiver and is the pest return man in the NFL.

Make the trade, get him here. It all just makes sense. We need help on special teams obviously, we just let our coach go. They need draft picks to build what the new guys in charge are going to establish.

Off season dream.

My typo is more like a lower case flip... I'm not sure what my brain was doing there.
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful:
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Make him a 49er!

this but if we do we better not try running that stupid ass wildcat
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by E-49er:
I like Cribbs as a player but why would you pay Cribbs a bunch of money and give up a draft pick if the only place he can help you is in the return game and as a wildcat QB? I would much rather keep the draft pick and draft a guy like CJ Spiller or any player that can help you in both the return game and on the field as a solid contributor at WR or a backup RB.

So you'd rather have a guy who hasn't stepped foot on an NFL field than a proven pro bowl player who can play multiple positions? Brilliant.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
The last straw? Cribbs intends to walk out on Browns after offer

Wow that gif is HAWSOME!!

Originally posted by teeohh:
He's asking for around 2 mil, how much should he be getting paid?

I wasn't sure who else to look at but Hester made 6.8 mil this year, 1.6 last year here

2 mill is nothing for a position we're in need of.
I think we were one of the teams "rumored" to have contacted the Browns about a trade earlier this year, so it wouldn't really surprise me if we contacted them again in the offseason.

The only question is what the Browns want in return. Holmgren, despite not being the best GM ever, has made some decent trades in the past.

[ Edited by Overkill on Jan 7, 2010 at 08:43:58 ]
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd give him a 3rd + latter round pick at the maximum.

I don't mind paying Cribbs, but it's the compensation that we'd have to forfeit. Good PRs/KRs can be found in the latter rounds and also at prices that suit their value on the field.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd give him a 3rd + latter round pick at the maximum.

I don't mind paying Cribbs, but it's the compensation that we'd have to forfeit. Good PRs/KRs can be found in the latter rounds and also at prices that suit their value on the field.

-9fA

But we dont know if they will be good returners at the NFL level Cribbs is proven time after time that he is a Dynamic returner, id take him over some rookie we draft in the later rounds
Honestly i would give up at 4th this year and a 5th that could go as high as a 3rd depends on esclators.

we need a PR/KR. hell id throw in a receiver or a lineman if it helped then pay cribbs.
Share 49ersWebzone