LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 323 users in the forums

DHB Vs Crabtree season ending stats comparison

Shop 49ers game tickets
crabs will prove to be an over the middle monster who doesnt shy away from contact or blocking duties. He is an all around stud first down machine with great hands that rarely fumble or drop passes, an innate abillity to locate the ball and will shine in an offence where he isnt asked to be somthing he is not. I feel Crabs is cut from the Hines ward cloth. DHB can do somthings well but will never be the all around player that crabtree is ... period
Originally posted by susweel:
Well DHB is getting better every year but Crabs is not getting any faster.

Crabtree has also statistically improved every year, since you are a slave to statistics here are a couple for you.

Raiders Passing Yards in 2011 : 3,962

49ers Passing Yards in 2011: 2,930

Raiders Passing Attempts in 2011: 524

49ers Passing Attempts in 2011: 451

Extrapolate the extra 70 passing attempts the 49ers would need to match the Raiders, and the fact that Crabtree caught %25 of the teams total completions and you have a season like this

90 Receptions, 1100 yards, 6 tds

And that is still with our mediocre yards per completion due to the lack of a deep threat on the other side of the field.

I refuse to believe you are so near sighted that you think 100 more receiving yards in one season makes someone a better player when in reality Crabtree has almost 1000 more yards and twice as many touchdowns on a team that has outright said they would prefer to run the ball most of his career
[ Edited by DirtyP on May 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM ]

I have a feeling Crabtree will be much faster than last year as long as he doesn't miss any training time. You can't expect a guy that was kept from running due to his foot injuries to get any faster or to even sustain his top speed prior to the injury.
both guys were overdrafted
Originally posted by lamontb:

Well, with the benefit of hindsight. But at the time, not. The zone was screaming for Crabtree to be drafted.

Still may work out to be worth the pick.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Well, with the benefit of hindsight. But at the time, not. The zone was screaming for Crabtree to be drafted.

Still may work out to be worth the pick.

I don't think so. His rookie production considering the circumstances legitimized the slot where he was picked.

His production this year was very good also.

Remember, this is all considering DHB got Carson Palmer this past year and Crabs has...well...Alex.
Originally posted by DirtyP:

Crabtree has also statistically improved every year, since you are a slave to statistics here are a couple for you.

Raiders Passing Yards in 2011 : 3,962

49ers Passing Yards in 2011: 2,930

Raiders Passing Attempts in 2011: 524

49ers Passing Attempts in 2011: 451

Extrapolate the extra 70 passing attempts the 49ers would need to match the Raiders, and the fact that Crabtree caught %25 of the teams total completions and you have a season like this

90 Receptions, 1100 yards, 6 tds

And that is still with our mediocre yards per completion due to the lack of a deep threat on the other side of the field.

I refuse to believe you are so near sighted that you think 100 more receiving yards in one season makes someone a better player when in reality Crabtree has almost 1000 more yards and twice as many touchdowns on a team that has outright said they would prefer to run the ball most of his career

LOL @ susweel getting owned.
  • mod
  • Veteran
sus is just trolling... or idiot
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by modninerfan:
sus is just trolling... or idiot

Personal attack
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
2011 Stats;

Crabtree 72 rec 874 yards

DHB 64 rec 975 yards

Carreer stats to date;

Crabtree 2240 yards 12TD's

DHB 1465 yards 6TD's

wow. DHB is doing better than i thought......

It's because Carson Palmer gives his receivers a chance to make a play. Even Jason Campbell put the ball up for them. Almost any receiver can make things happen if the QB is willing to let them try. Our receivers don't know anything about that because they don't get a chance to catch a pass unless they're wide open.

DHB on this team would have 25 catches for 300 yards and 1 TD.

^^ Crabs complained about this very issue if I'm not wrong after the loss to the Giants. It was a short snippet and he was trying to control himself, but that was what I inferred from his commentary.

Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think so. His rookie production considering the circumstances legitimized the slot where he was picked.

Remember, this is all considering DHB got Carson Palmer this past year and Crabs has...well...Alex.

This isn't 2006. Carson Palmer sucks ass. I'd take Alex over Carson everyday of the week, and twice on Sunday.
Originally posted by Shaj:
2011 Stats;

DHB 64 rec 975 yards

Carreer stats to date;

DHB 1465 yards 6TD's

It's because Carson Palmer gives his receivers a chance to make a play. Even Jason Campbell put the ball up for them. Almost any receiver can make things happen if the QB is willing to let them try. Our receivers don't know anything about that because they don't get a chance to catch a pass unless they're wide open.

^^ Crabs complained about this very issue if I'm not wrong after the loss to the Giants. It was a short snippet and he was trying to control himself, but that was what I inferred from his commentary.

Yes, he never has been able to accept his own faults. Crabs was blanketed all game long. He didn't have any WRs across from him to take the heat off of him.
He spoke out of frustration. Should Smith have forced some to him, sure, why not, given the known outcome. But, it didn't happen. The team went out and got more WRs to help prevent the problem from happening again. Complain about not forcing throws all you want. Had it happened, and been intercepted, you all would be complaining about forced throws. Just love to complain.

Crabtree is not a superstar WR. He can't take over a game. Smith is not a superstar QB, he can't take over a game either. However, both could blossom into one. More weapons on the offense can lift both of them to a higher level of play, in my opinion. Both players have shown flashes of excellent play. We need consitency from both, not just one. The fault isn't on just one either. Crabs wants the ball? Sharpen your routes, improve your hands, build that trust (just like he seems to be doing this offseason). More trust, the ball will come his way more often, just like with Vernon. It is gonna happen. This offense is ready to EXPLODE!
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

This isn't 2006. Carson Palmer sucks ass. I'd take Alex over Carson everyday of the week, and twice on Sunday.
if your goal is to win games you take Alex, if your goal is to have good looking stats and deep balls to your receivers you take Carson
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
2011 Stats;

DHB 64 rec 975 yards

Carreer stats to date;

DHB 1465 yards 6TD's

Yes, he never has been able to accept his own faults. Crabs was blanketed all game long. He didn't have any WRs across from him to take the heat off of him.
He spoke out of frustration. Should Smith have forced some to him, sure, why not, given the known outcome. But, it didn't happen. The team went out and got more WRs to help prevent the problem from happening again. Complain about not forcing throws all you want. Had it happened, and been intercepted, you all would be complaining about forced throws. Just love to complain.

Crabtree is not a superstar WR. He can't take over a game. Smith is not a superstar QB, he can't take over a game either. However, both could blossom into one. More weapons on the offense can lift both of them to a higher level of play, in my opinion. Both players have shown flashes of excellent play. We need consitency from both, not just one. The fault isn't on just one either. Crabs wants the ball? Sharpen your routes, improve your hands, build that trust (just like he seems to be doing this offseason). More trust, the ball will come his way more often, just like with Vernon. It is gonna happen. This offense is ready to EXPLODE!

FWIW.........

Q: What's the toughest defense you feel we faced last year and which DB to line up against? (Mike)
Crabtree: "I would say the last playoff game against the Giants was the best defensive scheme we faced. There were a lot of double-teams at the right time. I gotta study on how to beat the double-teams more. It's a learning experience for me."

http://nbcbayarea.csnbayarea.com/05/17/12/Notes-49ers-lead-league-in-potential-lea/nbcbay_landing.html?blockID=709506
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

if your goal is to win games you take Alex, if your goal is to have good looking stats and deep balls to your receivers you take Carson

i dunno about good looking stats............
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4459/carson-palmer

Share 49ersWebzone