LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Nate Davis thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Let him sit. Smith is our QB going into next year. That's all it is, so get over it.

If he is then McCloughan needs to be fired immediately, if he isn't (which is obviously the obvious choice) then we can finally move on and become a winning football team again.

you really believe an essentially rookie QB, Nate Davis, will win more games than he loses? You really believe that the QB is the only problem with the team? because that is what you're implying by saying a QB change will lead to a winning team.

Some fans are so delusional and they don't seem to observe the rest of the league. Nate Davis will not provide the immediate success many of you are hoping for. Just because you see a Ben Rothlisberger come in and play well (on a very good team) and a Matt Ryan, doesnt mean that this is the norm. These men are the exception and so many people have been clamoring for the backup ever since Garcia left thinking this person can take a bad team, lacking talent and take it to the playoffs. It just doesnt happen as often as you think.

The team finally has some talent through free agency and the draft because of what McCloughan has done. Yea, he's missed on some players and some players have turned out to be gems. Thats just the way the draft works.

This team was so devoid of talent, it was going to take several years to get it back up to even contention. Because of the weak NFC West, so many people are falsely believing that this team should be in the playoffs. And once this team got in the playoffs, the wouldn't win. They're just not ready yet.

I know that if we selected the right QB in the darn first place we would of made the Playoffs the last 2 years. And we'd be a lot farther along. Our D is good, our O for the most part is good. The biggest problem on this team is we don't have a good quarterback.

You know nothing, you only think you do...big mistake to try to pass your opinion as fact on this site.
Actually Memphis, the guys right. Had we picked Rodgers we would probably be in the playoffs right now (just like GB will). Statistically, GB has a worse OL and their D is no more consistent. Big difference is at QB (admittedly a better receiving core, but ours is not bad)...Smith is no Rodgers by any measure. It is a stupid, dumb, putrid argument for anyone here to make.

Right now, Smith is better than maybe a third of QB's out there and that is not saying much since most of those QB's (and their QB's) suck. We better hope AS gets a hell of a lot better, or he and Sing will be MIA by midseason and the Davis experiment will officially begin.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
NO WORK FOR NATE: Mike Singletary put the Kibosh on any appearances by rookie quarterback Nate Davis.

"I want to get every ounce out of Alex Smith," Singletary said. If the 49ers are going to groom Smith into a starter in their new offense, it makes sense for him to take every snap. Also, Davis has rarely practiced because backup Shaun Hill runs the scout team. On top of that, Davis doesn't know the entire playbook. Waiting for an opportunity when he feels more prepared seems to sit just fine with Davis.

"I'm just bidding time and learning," Davis said. Since he doesn't yet know the playbook, Davis would need a wrist band with the plays in order to make the calls.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=54062#ixzz0aYGnCfMB

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=54062

If this guys learning disability is that serious that he still doesn't know the whole 5 play playbook of Jimmy Ray then he has no business in the NFL. Raw talent or not
what would happen the first time we change coaches or OCs? Is he going to be nonfunctional for a season? Good grief Charlie Brown. Save us a roster spot.

Please gentleman, enough with the Smith vs. (insert name) talk. There are a million and one threads dedicated to this.

Back to the reason this thread reappeared.
Originally posted by DaNiners:
Actually Memphis, the guys right. Had we picked Rodgers we would probably be in the playoffs right now (just like GB will). Statistically, GB has a worse OL and their D is no more consistent. Big difference is at QB (admittedly a better receiving core, but ours is not bad)...Smith is no Rodgers by any measure. It is a stupid, dumb, putrid argument for anyone here to make.

Right now, Smith is better than maybe a third of QB's out there and that is not saying much since most of those QB's (and their QB's) suck. We better hope AS gets a hell of a lot better, or he and Sing will be MIA by midseason and the Davis experiment will officially begin.

Your big assumption is that if Rogers had been drafted by us, he'd playing like he is at Green Bay, which is NOT a given.

-9fA
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2009/12/23/49ers-to-activate-cody-wallace-this-week-nate-davis-must-wait-till-next-year/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+(49ers+Hot+Read)

QB Nate Davis: Out.

The fifth-rounder from Ball State will officially remain on the pine for his entire rookie season. The 49ers’ priority remains with developing their other young quarterback.

“It would be different if Alex Smith was a proven veteran player and had everything under control,” Singletary said, referring to his 25-year-old starter.”I want Alex to get all the playing time he can get. I want to see every drop of everything that he has. … I want him to learn every lesson that he can possibly learn.”

This was the plan from the start. The 49ers wanted to give Davis at least a year to study behind the scenes.

Smith, meanwhile, is grateful for the chance to get every snap. He has just 41 games on his resume.

“No question, yes, I want to be out there,” Smith said.”It’s definitely what I want to hear.”
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2009/12/23/49ers-to-activate-cody-wallace-this-week-nate-davis-must-wait-till-next-year/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+(49ers+Hot+Read)

The fifth-rounder from Ball State will officially remain on the pine for his entire rookie season. The 49ers’ priority remains with developing their other young quarterback.

“It would be different if Alex Smith was a proven veteran player and had everything under control,” Singletary said, referring to his 25-year-old starter.”I want Alex to get all the playing time he can get. I want to see every drop of everything that he has. … I want him to learn every lesson that he can possibly learn.”

This was the plan from the start. The 49ers wanted to give Davis at least a year to study behind the scenes.

Smith, meanwhile, is grateful for the chance to get every snap. He has just 41 games on his resume.

“No question, yes, I want to be out there,” Smith said.”It’s definitely what I want to hear.”

now prove it by winning meaningful damn games which is obviously too late this yr
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Your big assumption is that if Rogers had been drafted by us, he'd playing like he is at Green Bay, which is NOT a given.

-9fA

Considering Green Bay has one of the best WR corps in the league, it is definitely NOT a given.

Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Finley, Lee... that's just a bad ass group of players.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

-9fA

Considering Green Bay has one of the best WR corps in the league, it is definitely NOT a given.

Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Finley, Lee... that's just a bad ass group of players.

also considering that Rodgers got to sit back and learn from a HOF QB
is this the line to jump on Davis's nuts? If so
Originally posted by backontop:

I like davis and he does show some natural ability that no other QB has, but the man is not ready to play yet. Why do people not get this? he came from a spread O and has self admitted bad mechanics.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by valrod33:

now prove it by winning meaningful damn games which is obviously too late this yr

That goes for the entire team too. Where is that key turnover when we need it or the key sack? What about the Key catch when the ball hits you in the hands? Or the Key run where you don't fumble the ball away.

The entire team needs to show it can win a meaningful game, not just Alex. It was the same situation with Hill not winning meaningful games. This goes to show that there is more to winning games that just the QB.

I like davis and he does show some natural ability that no other QB has, but the man is not ready to play yet. Why do people not get this? he came from a spread O and has self admitted bad mechanics.

I have nothing wrong against the guy. I just wanted to use that Smiley

I have nothing wrong against the guy. I just wanted to use that Smiley

-9fA

Don't you think a good QB makes a receiver "better"? Just asking.... Kind of like Indy's no name receivers.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:

-9fA

Don't you think a good QB makes a receiver "better"? Just asking.... Kind of like Indy's no name receivers.

Indy also has one of the best OLines in the league. Also Manning makes it a habit to work with ALL of his receivers rookies and all to get the timing down with them. that is how important timing and being on the same page with your receivers is. Smith was the #2 QB going into the season behind Hill so ofcourse he didn't have the opportunity to work on that important aspect of the game.
Share 49ersWebzone