LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

The Charlie Weis Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Where will it stop ?

Adam Schefter reported 6 teams have shown interest in his services....which 6 teams and where do you think he will land ? OC in the NFL ? QB/RB/WR/TE coach in the NFL ? OC for a college team ? HC at another college program ?

I'd think the following teams could be showing interest :

Chicago
Washington
Cleveland
Kansas City
Oakland
New England
NY Jets
Buffalo (possibly OC under Perry Fewell should they choose to remove the interim tag and make him the HC)
I think it will stop at the College level. He hasn't been bad just not good enough for Notre Dame. It isn't that he failed, he lost the job because he didn't have good enough success.

I think there will be a number of College jobs that will appeal to someone with HC aspirations. In the NFL he can be a coordinator on a bad team.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I would love for him to be our OC, we have the personell (minus the Oline) to run his system and he can actually outscheme people.
I dont think New England and KC are real possibilities

Buffalo and Chicago are probably gonna be the front runners for him

HC in Buffalo and OC in Chicago
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Haley fired Chan Gailey who was not a Haley pick for his staff. Weis has a connection with Pioli via Parcells and worked with Haley in NY.

New England could offer him an offensive position on staff and give him an assistant HC title. I don't think the Pats are completely out of the equation.

I can't see Buffalo offering him the HC job (not after Mangini and Crennel have failed as HC's and Charlie did on a different level) but possibly eyeballing him as an OC.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Haley fired Chan Gailey who was not a Haley pick for his staff. Weis has a connection with Pioli via Parcells and worked with Haley in NY.

New England could offer him an offensive position on staff and give him an assistant HC title. I don't think the Pats are completely out of the equation.

I can't see Buffalo offering him the HC job (not after Mangini and Crennel have failed as HC's and Charlie did on a different level) but possibly eyeballing him as an OC.

I forgot about KC firing their OC.

I dont think he will get a job as a HC right off the bat, IMO he is gonna have to take an OC role first.

I think Chicago is gonna go after him hard if they keep Lovie, if they fire Lovie i bet they go after Shanahan especially with Cutler there
Cleveland, he can resume his coaching with Quinn.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I forgot about KC firing their OC.

I dont think he will get a job as a HC right off the bat, IMO he is gonna have to take an OC role first.

I think Chicago is gonna go after him hard if they keep Lovie, if they fire Lovie i bet they go after Shanahan especially with Cutler there

I think Jerry Angelo better start preparing because he could be on his way out in Chicago. He got raped by Denver for Cutler and I'm sure he and Lovie will point fingers at one another as to who is to blame. New GM's like their own coaches however both Smith & Angelo are under extensions so it's possible Chicago will opt to keep one (Smith) a bit longer.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Mangini needs to keep his job for this to happen (although I think the writing for Daboll is on the wall). Quinn could be on his way out of Cleveland as well so that will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Mangini needs to keep his job for this to happen (although I think the writing for Daboll is on the wall). Quinn could be on his way out of Cleveland as well so that will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I think Mangini gets 1 more year and Weis would be a no brainer. Cle has had horrible play calling all year, it couldn't get worse with Weis.

Well he's officially available for interviews and contact.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-notredame-weisfired&prov=ap&type=lgns
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I would love to see him as the head coach for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers...
And word is it my be a package deal. If you take Weis you draft Claussen.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
link?
Originally posted by luv49rs:
link?

It was live on espn, Schefter reported it!
Share 49ersWebzone