LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

How long does Warner have in Arizona?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Did he sign a multi year contract? I ask because I'm wondering when or even if Leinart will ever get the chance to take over. Of course it'd be in our best interest for the Cards to lose Warner and Boldin sometime in the future but on a serious note at some point Arizona needs to see what they have in their younger QB. Do you guys think we'll see the swap in the next two years?
hes getting old though, how old is he now like 50? body can only take so many hits, and leinart sucks lol.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Nov 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
didn't he sign a new 2 or 3 year deal? I actually think they will draft a QB in next years draft.. I doubt Leinart has any type of future there
Can't wait till his old ass retires, Leinart sucks and hopefully they don't draft a Tom Brady..else we'll be screwed for another decade.
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Did he sign a multi year contract? I ask because I'm wondering when or even if Leinart will ever get the chance to take over. Of course it'd be in our best interest for the Cards to lose Warner and Boldin sometime in the future but on a serious note at some point Arizona needs to see what they have in their younger QB. Do you guys think we'll see the swap in the next two years?

Warner has one year left on his deal, while Bolden has two.

I highly doubt Leinart will see any sort of action with the Cardinals, baring injury to Warner this season. He makes far too much money to be a backup Quarterback next season.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Their offense was dreadful with Matt in the lineup. Can't wait
I'm betting the second Warner is out of the way, the lambs or seattle will start to pick up. The bottom line is we need to get good on our own.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'm betting the second Warner is out of the way, the lambs or seattle will start to pick up. The bottom line is we need to get good on our own.
I still think the Rams and the Hawks need young QB more than Arizona.
I thought we signed him??
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I still think the Rams and the Hawks need young QB more than Arizona.

They do, but that could very well change with this upcoming draft or the next.

Originally posted by King49er:
I thought we signed him??

And God called down from the heavens that no former Ram/Cardinal will ever quaterback for the San Francisco 49ers. And so it was.
i have a feeling he is going to get injured real soon and we wont see that much more of him
2 - 3 years. The guy was in the Super Bowl very recently. Hate on him all you want but he's light years better than anything on this team.
You guys seem so sure Matt is going to stink it up. Sure, whenever he got the chance it play it was

But your cashing all your chips when Warner gets hurt or retires.
next year should be his last.. my opinion.. he might not even last that long
Share 49ersWebzone