There are 204 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I can't even imagine what Brady or Rodgers could do with 85.... Kap has left many tds on the table with VD.. And he's has almost eliminated his drops

you mean other than give him 12td's this year without full weapons the entire year and after the play calling lol

vd left a td on the table yesterday by not running as well.

just sit back and enjoy the show going forward
Not very relevant and might have been touched on before, but has anyone noticed how much leaner VD is now compared to his earlier days? I think he was about 258ish when he came in and if I recall correctly, he plays at about 240-245ish now. That being said, he's been a dominant receiver (and hasnt dropped off as a blocker) these past few years!

• Antix
  • Veteran
Hope to see him take over the playoffs again. Very lucky to have him and he might be the best TE in the game. Hes gotta be a niner for life.
Playoff Vernon is even scarier than regular season Vernon
Originally posted by Antix:
Hope to see him take over the playoffs again. Very lucky to have him and he might be the best TE in the game. Hes gotta be a niner for life.

Agree. Wore his jersey yesterday during the game. He is a great 49er!
Poor VD from 06 through 09'. He had to play with inept offensive coaching and a young Alex, a poopy JT, a so so Shaun Hill but when Alex finally developed, he has been the BEST TE in football. Imagine if Brady had VD, he woulda shattered 20 tds a season his first 6 years in the LEAGUE!! I LOVE THIS GUY VD.
Originally posted by xela510:
Playoff Vernon is even scarier than regular season Vernon

Yeappers. Looking forward to more records broken by VD. I assume he's gotta be close on most postseason TD's by a TE
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM ]
He needs to stop jumping into walls. Dude won't lower his shoulder to a defender but will try to take out an immovable object.

SMH.
is it me or is he ''selling'' his bumps when he gets some type of contact?

And if he isn't , why the hell is he easily concussed?

During the Carolina game, he didn't look like he took a crazy bad hit, but he was doing the dizzy face and the new NFL doctors don't want to see that at all.
If Vernon can stay healthy for another 5 years, and assuming Kap gets even better, Vernon has a good chance at being a HOFer
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM ]

Davis has been very productive for a guy who has only 76 targets all year...There are 60 NFL players who have more targets .......60!....But only 1 has more receiving TDs.........Here's a thought, maybe we should throw to him more....
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
He's averaging about one touchdown in every four receptions.
this year is still gonna be considered a down year. if crabs wasnt hurt he wouldnt be getting double as much as he has been. plus the lines inability to pass block takes away his touches too. VD is by far the best TE in the league when you consider all the factors against him and he still puts up great numbers
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
If Vernon can stay healthy for another 5 years, and assuming Kap gets even better, Vernon has a good chance at being a HOFer

If I remember correctly, Vernon worked out with the wide receivers more during this year's training camp. I don't know if it made a difference, but it sure seems like he is running routes a little better and he seems more comfortable catching the ball. I think a HOF career is a real possibility. With a bit of an uptick in touchdowns (if Kap continues to get better, that seems likely to happen) and playing a key role in a SuperBowl win or two, Vernon should definitely be in the conversation for the HOF.
Im not sure I have ever wanted the Niners to draft a player soo badly. Maybe Vince Wilfork (killed me when they passed on him freaking TWICE), but I was soo damn happy when we got Davis and he has developed into exactly what I envisioned he could. Dude is just dominant. Awesome blocker. Fantastic receiver. Unbelievable work ethic. Hands down one of my favorite Niners and one I pray is a Niner for life kind of player.
Share 49ersWebzone