LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 188 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think roman needs to use him better. Look at how the Pats use Hernandez when the whole world knows he's going to him. It's about routes and schemes to a certain extent. They gotta get him the ball and runs some plays specifically for him.
VD was like, ... AS didn't get his job back after he got healthy... AS isn't the man in Harb's eye... We are done... Who's going to throw me multiple TDs in the play-offs? CK?
"Play-offs? Don't talk to me about the Play-offs. Are you kidding me?" "CK is who we thought he was, and Harb let him take over the job... If you want to crown him, crown his azz!"
[ Edited by HOF49er on Dec 11, 2012 at 7:11 AM ]
nothing...he's the best player on the team and we have no idea how to use him
honestly...I hate our offense...We have all these playmakers and we're like a conservative highschool running team...
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
honestly...I hate our offense...We have all these playmakers and we're like a conservative highschool running team...

Harbaugh should take a page outa bellicheks offense.. NE is so much fun to watch. That f**king guy is a genius well plus te fact Chip Kelly and him are friends lol
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Harbaugh should take a page outa bellicheks offense.. NE is so much fun to watch. That f**king guy is a genius well plus te fact Chip Kelly and him are friends lol

The worst part is that Belichick comes from a defensive background and his team routinely has one of the most explosive offenses. Harbaugh comes from an offensive background and this offense at times is.....well, offensive.

Couldn't agree more. There is no excuse for a guy like Vernon Davis to only have the ball thrown his way 1 or 2 times a game. Double coverage, triple coverage, I don't care. You have to scheme to get your best offensive weapon involved. Our passing attack seems very elementary at times.
Yes
Much improved . . . but still a little "hands of clay" unreliable. Cannot catch the long over-the-shoulder ball . . . will not reach . . . too stiff. Forget throwing him the fade.
Ugh...I hope this team gets another te who can REALLY block so vd can be more involved in the passing attack.

Teams are game planning aginst VD
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Teams are game planning aginst VD

Our own coaches are making it easy for them to do it
They need to get him involved. It's ridiculous that he hasn't gotten any looks in 3 weeks.
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Here is what I believe is happening.

I believe that teams double team Davis with the Safety. They are challenging us to throw to our WRs.

But
1) Our OLine are not very good pass blockers - sacks galore whoever is the QB
2) WRs can't win their one of one match ups. This is evident when I was in the Rams game. Against a JV secondary our WRs can't get open.

All teams except for the Bears are following this blueprint. Of course, success and failure depends on their personel and whether we can run that day.

The Bears didn't believe we would pass. If you watch that game again 1) you wil see they have freaking 9 in the box. 2) Their secondary lost their matchups. 3) The QB had all day to throw. NOBODY is around the QB when he lets go of the ball. NOT even in the same zip code close.

You will see this patter again. Its up to our WRs to win the battle. Very tough to do since I believe our WR are schemed open not open because they won their battle against the secondary.

Cannot find a quality post like this these days around here
Interesting point of view
Certainly better than the "he has the handcuffs" or "roman sucks"
Thx
He's too busy opening up his new gallery in Santana Row
Share 49ersWebzone