LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jimmy Graham just signed a new deal 4 years about 40 million with 21 mill guaranteed. Even though it makes him the highest-paid TE in league history it's still less guaranteed than Vernon got four years ago so he needs to shut the f**k up and just play.
The Jimmy Graham deal probably has everything to do with this waffling. Vernon needs to shut up and show us why he deserves a renegotiation NEXT SEASON.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
The Jimmy Graham deal probably has everything to do with this waffling. Vernon needs to shut up and show us why he deserves a renegotiation NEXT SEASON.

Vernon may be used more as a WR than any TE in the league...or has that potential. I can see why it irks him that he will likely make less than Crabtree, after Crabtree resigns. It may be that VD is more valuable to the niners than any other skill position player other than Kaepernick. Gore is aging and has really good replacement, Crabtree, Boldin and Johnson are all very good but are they special? VD does things no other TE can do, and it doesn't surprise me he wants his contract to reflect that.

That said, I do not believe in giving into holdouts. I'm hoping they extend him and make him happy without any more nonsense.

Edit: When I look at NFL salaries and start feeling bad for the bottom tier guys...then realize they are making $465,000 minimum...just amazing!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 15, 2014 at 7:36 AM ]
I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and these guys were all complaining about how they thought Graham was getting an unfair deal about 10 mil per season. Yeah I guess it seems like you're getting paid peanuts compared to some of the QBs at their absurd salaries but it still double-digit million per year for Pete's sake. I thought it was a pretty fair contract both. I think it's a pretty fair contract to both Graham and the Saints.
I wonder if this holdout is a "team holdout" just to ensure Vance and Carrier and the other TE's get all the reps, give VD some much needed time off after playing so many games the last 3 years, etc. and to get his name out there for his stock. He already stated it's not a big deal if he doesn't get more money. I guess we'll find out soon.
Cut him? No way, let him hold out and lose money while his friends win #6 for us. Maybe he can do another self portrait with his time off cuz i need a good laugh.
CUT HIM TILL HE BLEEDS!!

Oh, I'm being told that's against the CBA. Rats...
Bobby Wagner on First take Vernon Davis plays scared against us
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and these guys were all complaining about how they thought Graham was getting an unfair deal about 10 mil per season. Yeah I guess it seems like you're getting paid peanuts compared to some of the QBs at their absurd salaries but it still double-digit million per year for Pete's sake. I thought it was a pretty fair contract both. I think it's a pretty fair contract to both Graham and the Saints.

What are the top WRs being paid?
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

What are the top WRs being paid?

megatron and fitz have an average salary of 16 mil. harvin is 12.8 average, wallace is 12, bowe and vincent jackson are around 11 and marshall is at 10 where graham is. i heard mike and mike and greeny's angle was graham does as much as fitz and megatron so he should be in their category.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

not sure what this has to do with vernon davis? luke willson is a jag, just another guy, vernon davis isnt but he looks like it vs seattle.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
not sure what this has to do with vernon davis? luke willson is a jag, just another guy, vernon davis isnt but he looks like it vs seattle.

If Vernon plays scared against Seattle cause of that 1 hard hit, Luke Wilson will never play another down against us. Of course both points are nonsense. It´s football. Players get hit all the time. It was surely not the 1st time Davis got laid out.

The fact Davis looks average against Seattle has nothing to do with Davis playing "scared". Their linebackers and safetys just do a very good job taking Davis out of the game.

Bobby Wagner is just trying to fuel the fire. Talking a whole bunch of nonsense !
[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM ]

If Vernon plays scared against Seattle cause of that 1 hard hit, Luke Wilson will never play another down against us. Of course both points are nonsense. It´s Football. Players get hit all the time. It was surely not the 1st time Davis got laid out.

The fact Davis looks averag against Seattle has nothing to do with Davis playing "scared". Their linebackers and safetys just do a very good job taking Davis out of the game.

Bobby Wagner is just trying to fuel the fire. Talking a whole bunch of nonsense !

we're comapring luke willson to vernon davis. if willson is scared vs us going forward, does anyone care? if vernon davis is playing scared going forward thats a big deal to the niners.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

If Vernon plays scared against Seattle cause of that 1 hard hit, Luke Wilson will never play another down against us. Of course both points are nonsense. It´s Football. Players get hit all the time. It was surely not the 1st time Davis got laid out.

The fact Davis looks averag against Seattle has nothing to do with Davis playing "scared". Their linebackers and safetys just do a very good job taking Davis out of the game.

we're comapring luke willson to vernon davis. if willson is scared vs us going forward, does anyone care? if vernon davis is playing scared going forward thats a big deal to the niners.

I dont want to compare the two. I try to explain that neither of them will play scared in the future cause of that 1 hard hit. I could have used any other hard hit in the NFL from the last couple of years. Just used Luke WIlson cause it came from a Seahawk player bringing up the same hit over and over again.

Nothing I see on tape tells me that Davis plays scared against Seattle. Nothing. He is T-Rexing the ball the same way against any other team.

By that same logic Percy Harvin will s**t his pants every time he has to face the Saints in the future. Or Sherman will never try to tackle Vance McDonald again. Or Stevan Ridley sends a few prayers every time he runs.

Hard hits are normal. They happen 24/7.

It´s not like Chancellor is that crazy enforcer that knocked Davis out cold multiple times. He laid one good hit on Davis while he was pretty much defenseless. One.

Almost laughable to claim that Davis plays scared now cause of that one hit.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 15, 2014 at 12:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone