Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by danimal:
where are all the haters at now?

I have been in countless debates with fellow zoners over the last couple of years over Cutler and Martz. They were supposed to be garbage I was told.

I wanted to keep Martz(maybe give him a path to HC also) and Trade for Cutler(or trade up and draft Sanchez)

But I was an idiot right.

How many TD's did Cutler and Sanchez combine for yesterday? How many playoff games has Sanchez already won? What is Jay Cutlers career passer rating? How is Jimmy Raye working out?

Cutler is the new Jeff George. Poor attitude and poor leader. I stand by that.

Smith is the definition of poor leader, not Cutler

Why can't they both be poor leaders?

right now, one of them is 0-3 and the other is 3-0

Cutler threw a late pick that could've ended the game, but was negated.

Devin Hester had a punt return T.D.

Urlacher had a forced fumble.

Cutler won that game, all by himself right?

but when his teams lose, then it his fault right. Face it, you are biased.
if he's a bum, what's Smith? I'd take Cutler over Smith anyday.

I have been in countless debates with fellow zoners over the last couple of years over Cutler and Martz. They were supposed to be garbage I was told.

I wanted to keep Martz(maybe give him a path to HC also) and Trade for Cutler(or trade up and draft Sanchez)

How many TD's did Cutler and Sanchez combine for yesterday? How many playoff games has Sanchez already won? What is Jay Cutlers career passer rating? How is Jimmy Raye working out?

LOL

the ref gave him the game

pretty corny

Would you agree that a lot of his losses are because of him and his poor decisions though? Obviously a lot factors into if a teams wins and loses but i think with Cutler a lot the losses can be put on him.

I cant remember that stat exactly but last year i remember people talking about how he has had more ints in the redzone than any other Qb since he has been a starter and they compared that to Brady would had never thrown an int in the redzone(again not sure exactly on the numbers but its something like that, ill try and find it )

Cutler has talent, there is no doubt about that but until he puts it all together and gets a winning record and wins some playoff games my opinion of him being a bum isnt gonna change
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 28, 2010 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

Would you agree that a lot of his losses are because of him and his poor decisions though? Obviously a lot factors into if a teams wins and loses but i think with Cutler a lot the losses cant be put on him.

I cant remember that stat exactly but last year i remember people talking about how he has had more ints in the redzone than any other Qb since he has been a starter and they compared that to Brady would had never thrown an int in the redzone(again not sure exactly on the numbers but its something like that, ill try and find it )

Cutler has talent, there is no doubt about that but until he puts it all together and gets a winning record and wins some playoff games my opinion of him being a bum isnt gonna change

As a 49er fan, to call Cutler a bum is a little funny when we are the ones with a true bum

Would you agree that a lot of his losses are because of him and his poor decisions though? Obviously a lot factors into if a teams wins and loses but i think with Cutler a lot the losses cant be put on him.

I somewhat agree. But I think he still has a shot this year to improve himself in that regard.

Even if he does not fix that, he still is going to be a top 10 QB for years to come. If he does fix that, well then now we are talking top 3 QB and MVP candidate at some point.
Cutler is what he is and will not change unless he matures all of a sudden with a dominant run-game sort of similar to what Elway did.

I also think it's safe to say that all of us who feel Cutler won't change should also wake up and realize that Smith is what he is and won't change much either.

Rarely do QB's change the way they play the game in their 6th year. There are always exceptions but would you put money on it? No.
So much for my prediction of the Bears falling apart.

Jay Cutler has been on fire under Martz.
Martz is gonna get Cutler buried by the end of the season
6: The Bears, who allowed 35 sacks in 16 games in 2009, have allowed 27 sacks in the six games of 2010

6: The Bears, who allowed 35 sacks in 16 games in 2009, have allowed 27 sacks in the six games of 2010

Part of the Martz offense
Again, I was laughed at when I said I would rather have Smith than Cutler.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

smith sucks!!!
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

smith sucks!!!

LOL at the fool whod rather have Smith

just LOL
Jay Cutler is a darn good qb. I don't understand all the hate...wait until he's in that system for another year with a solid wr added to the team...the haters will always hate
Share 49ersWebzone