LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Will Kubiak get canned the week before we play the Texans?

Shop 49ers game tickets
It is Week 6 of the NFL season. Time for our biweekly “uh oh” column about those up-and-down Texans and their embattled coach, Gary Kubiak.Yes, he is embattled. Hate to be the one to keep bringing this up, but he is doing it to himself.

The game at Cincinnati this Sunday isn't a make-or-break contest. It is more like a break-only contest. A loss to the 4-1 Bengals would mean the Texans are a 2-4 team that is broken.

We all know the standard move to fix a broken football team. (And I'm not talking about replacing quarterback Matt Schaub.) The Texans don't need to win just this week; they need to start a winning streak, or at least a winning stretch, to get out of the .500 funk they've been in for so long under Kubiak.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/6668355.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Houston-Texans-prepping-to-fire-head-coach-Kubia;_ylt=As8Bp48779YoriwklV_UAQo5nYcB?urn=nfl,196129
I don't see them beating the Bengals. Guess it would be better for us if they did right, did we lose the week after we fired nolan?
i dont know, but we better win
Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't see them beating the Bengals. Guess it would be better for us if they did right, did we lose the week after we fired nolan?

Yes, against the seahags.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by teeohh:

Yes, against the seahags.

How could anyone forget.....it launched the legend of Sing.
who would replace him? are any of their coaches any good?
If they continue to lose they won't have a choice. They seem to have a very talented roster, but seem to settle for .500 play. Hopefully that doesn't change until after we get to play them & win.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I doubt they fire him during the season, just not McNair's MO. If there was any chance it would be done during the bye week. I don't think he's the problem, they have the same problems we do, other than at LT and DE, they just haven't been able to build their lines well. And they spent 4 1st round picks on that Dline!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
I doubt they fire him during the season, just not McNair's MO. If there was any chance it would be done during the bye week. I don't think he's the problem, they have the same problems we do, other than at LT and DE, they just haven't been able to build their lines well. And they spent 4 1st round picks on that Dline!

If he does get fired, I really hope we try and go after him as our offensive coordinator.

Most likely though...he'll end up with Shanny somewhere.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:

If he does get fired, I really hope we try and go after him as our offensive coordinator.

That and he doesn't really fit with MS' vision. The best we can hope for is the return of Norv.

Originally posted by GEEK:

Probably with the Cowgirls
It would be nice if he did.
If he got fired before the game against us they would be a team in turmiol, hopefully we would be able to capitalize on that.
Kubiak isn't going anywhere. The Texans are scoring at will!
Not after beating 4-1 Cincinnati so soundly today.
Share 49ersWebzone