LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

NFL Week 4 Games/Comments Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jared Allen is a BEAST

wish the niners did go after him
Packers arent legit...

well defensively anyways

just goes to show you that the 49ers o-line did a pretty decent job against the vikings
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Packers arent legit...

well defensively anyways

just goes to show you that the 49ers o-line did a pretty decent job against the vikings

Yeah im not sold on the Packers, the oline is horrible and like you said the defense isnt that good
Originally posted by valrod33:
Packers arent legit...

well defensively anyways

Yeah im not sold on the Packers, the oline is horrible and like you said the defense isnt that good

i think Green Bay was over hyped to due the anti Farve sentiment. Folks hated Farve so much that they just elevate Rodgers and the Packers. Rodgers is a good qb but folks were hyping him for mvp's and other stuff when he's not on that level. There trenches are horrible and remember Kapman in training camp was complaining about switching to a 3-4.

somebody tell me if I'm going over the edge with this one but I gotta say Jamarcus Russell is thw worst starting qb I've ever seen.

Watching the Skins you see how much of a clown show there coaching staff is. Orakpo has been good when they play him at DE. He's just lost as an 4-3 OLB trying to cover backs though.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Packers arent legit...

well defensively anyways

i think Green Bay was over hyped to due the anti Farve sentiment. Folks hated Farve so much that they just elevate Rodgers and the Packers. Rodgers is a good qb but folks were hyping him for mvp's and other stuff when he's not on that level. There trenches are horrible and remember Kapman in training camp was complaining about switching to a 3-4.

somebody tell me if I'm going over the edge with this one but I gotta say Jamarcus Russell is thw worst starting qb I've ever seen.

Watching the Skins you see how much of a clown show there coaching staff is. Orakpo has been good when they play him at DE. He's just lost as an 4-3 OLB trying to cover backs though.

1. Kampman is definately lost in that 3-4, he's a solid DE. they should switch back or replace him. when their o-line gets healthy, Rodgers will be scary.

2. the only QB i think that MAY be worse than russell is Grossman, but at least sexy rexy's put up random 300+ yard games. so yeah.... russell is the worst QB ever to consistently start in the nfl.

3. no comment, haven't had a chance to watch the skins.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Packers arent legit...

well defensively anyways

We're better than the Packers right now based on my measuring stick.....but only because they have injury issues on their OL (severe problems, much worse than ours), and because our defense top to bottom is better than theirs. Our defense is better than the Viking defense too btw. The Viking D got shredded by Rodgers (almost 400 yards passing) eventhough he had no protection the whole night, and got sacked like 8 times.

The Packer D is also handicapping themselves big time by going to a 3-4 like this....they should run what works for them. They made Favre look like a passing god out there....but only because they kept blowing coverages all night long and getting no pressure on Favre (Dom Capers thinks it's a good idea to stick their best pass rusher in a two point stance and put him into coverage where he is next to useless)

[ Edited by kray28 on Oct 6, 2009 at 10:09:51 ]
Boy skip bayless brought up a good point:

Did the vikings peak last night?

The whole team was riding an emotional high based on the whole Favre vs Packers thing. Will they be able to match it later on the in the season and post season.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by E-49er:
I just was watching ESPN First Take and they mentioned that after the fumble that Clay Matthews caused, Adrian Peterson appeared he was breathing heavy and talking to the trainer and on the following series, he did not come into the game. Was Peterson hurt? Was it the pounding he took against the 49ers plus the Packers hitting on him?

....... but he scored a TD on the next drive.

From what thye showed, at first I thought he hurt his ribs because he was breathing really hard but he may have just been winded.
Share 49ersWebzone