LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

Change needed in Washington...

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Chief
  • Veteran
"Chiefs" is racist?
Washington Dark Complexion Humans? PC enough? How about we just call them the Reds? The blushing communists in Cincinnati have never seemed to mind this name for all these years.
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by Carney16:
Ur a f*g

Ur banned!

Ur funny!

Wait, what if he only called him "fog"?

I guess implying that he's white & dense merits a banning. Nice work, Dashy.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Ur a f*g

Ur banned!

Ur funny!

yes, they really do need to do something about their QB situation
Originally posted by danimal:
yes, they really do need to do something about their QB situation

I agree
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Ur a f*g

Ur banned!

Ur funny!

He could have been calling me a "fig", which is a fruit...same thing.

Ur a f*g[/quote]

Ur banned!

Ur pwnd

Okay this thing is failing some how I just quoted myself

[ Edited by pwilly52 on Sep 15, 2009 at 17:14:32 ]
Ur a f*g

Ur banned!

Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I'm not talking about politics at the moment....but the Washington FL team.

It's time for Commissioner Roger Goodell to work with Dan Snyder and change the name of the Washington Redskins to something non-offensive to Native Americans. I am not a Native American myself, but for many years I believe this should have been addressed.

Remember the NBA Washington Wizards were known before as the Washington Bullets...somebody stood up and said something.

It's not only the Redskins...

The Tomahawk chop "War Chant" you hear is also used by many teams Braves, Chiefs, Indians, or Seminoles can be demeaning to Native Americans.

In any case, change is needed in Washington...change the Redskins name to something else.

LINK

I agree with you. I've brought this topic up before and people just say it's ok because the Seminoles have some tribes permission or s**t like that.

doesnt the siminole tribe sponsor and encourage florida state?

lol this thread is dumb. most native americans don't care
Originally posted by BobS:
So the Redskins should change their name because 7 people are offended by it?

I think it was six.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I'm not talking about politics at the moment....but the Washington FL team.

It's time for Commissioner Roger Goodell to work with Dan Snyder and change the name of the Washington Redskins to something non-offensive to Native Americans. I am not a Native American myself, but for many years I believe this should have been addressed.

Remember the NBA Washington Wizards were known before as the Washington Bullets...somebody stood up and said something.

It's not only the Redskins...

The Tomahawk chop "War Chant" you hear is also used by many teams Braves, Chiefs, Indians, or Seminoles can be demeaning to Native Americans.

In any case, change is needed in Washington...change the Redskins name to something else.

LINK

"In 1995, owner Abe Pollin announced he was changing the team's name because Bullets had acquired violent overtones that had made him increasingly uncomfortable over the years. The final straw was the assassination of his longtime friend, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin.[1] A contest was held to choose a new name and the choices were narrowed to the Dragons, Express, Stallions, Sea Dogs, or Wizards.[2] On May 15, 1997, the Bullets officially became the Washington Wizards. The change generated some controversy because Wizard is a rank in the Ku Klux Klan."

Didn't look to be media driven.
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Washington Dark Complexion Humans? PC enough? How about we just call them the Reds? The blushing communists in Cincinnati have never seemed to mind this name for all these years.

If we're naming them after the city, how about the Washington Devoids (as in devoid use of brain power within the beltway).

As part Swedish and Part Norweigian, I take offense at the Vikings. They really didn't do any raping and pilaging. Why not name them something less offensive like the Minnesota Lutherans. Oh wait, St. Paul was alway primarily Catholic and that might offend them.

And the St. Louis Rams, why that's a negative for a wonderful animal. Maybe the St. Louis Blues (no that ones taken and it might offend New Orleans since they are
the birthplace of the blues)

Let's see the Miami Dolphins (wow those mammals have been abused for so long).

Oh, and I could go on and on.
I got to thiking there are too many carnevour beast associated with names of
teams. Let's rename them to vegetarian names. Or maybe we could name them
by famous buildings. How about the San Francisco Coit Towers. How about the Chicago Projects (that's a famous 60s landmark)

Really, the Packers (Meat Packers), the Bears, Bengals, Panthers etc, and of course
the king of the meat eaters, the Lions. Really, I am sure the king of the jungle is offended that they are the moniker of the first 0-16 team. You know, Animals have feelings too.
Share 49ersWebzone