LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Respect Mike Nolan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He got it done today. It would not surprise me if he ended up getting another HC job real soon.

I pity the team that makes that leap....hopefully it'll be the CowPokes.

That's exactly who I think would get him.

Jerry wants Shannahan i think.

Synder wants shannahan as well
nope, still not going to....
Originally posted by crzy:
Mike Nolan is a defensive god.

Nolan is not just running a Vanilla D but something really exotic. Something like Vanilla Bean or French Vanilla.
I have to admit, that Denver D is playing pretty well so far. In fact, the entire team has been a very big surprise, so props to them all.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Sorry, but I watched the Broncos play some of the worst defensive football I've ever seen last season under Bob Slowik. They gave up 112 points in the last three games of the season to miss the playoffs.

From 30th in the NFL in scoring to 1st in the NFL through a quarter of the season.

And their only real BIG defensive addition was Dawkins.

Mike Nolan is a stud coordinator and a s**tty head coach, like Norv Turner, Cam Cameron, etc.

[ Edited by crzy on Oct 4, 2009 at 19:40:07 ]
Nolan's got the defense playing like NOBODY believed they could. Besides Dumervil, Bailey and Dawkins I can't name a great player on that defense, yet they have shut down every team they've faced this year. I still think they'll collapse before long, but props to Nolan for getting Denver playing above their talent level...and GO TO HELL for not accomplishing the same in San Francisco.
Where was this defense when he was out coach?

He's using our ex-3rd string NT Fields as his starter and their defense is doing very very well.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Sorry, but I watched the Broncos play some of the worst defensive football I've ever seen last season under Bob Slowik. They gave up 112 points in the last three games of the season to miss the playoffs.

From 30th in the NFL in scoring to 1st in the NFL through a quarter of the season.

And their only real BIG defensive addition was Dawkins.

Mike Nolan is a stud coordinator and a s**tty head coach, like Norv Turner, Cam Cameron, etc.

Exactly. People hate on Nolan more than they should. He was a horrible HC, but he got blamed for every single thing that went wrong. When Vernon and Lawson weren't producing, people blamed Nolan for picking them. Now they are lookin' like players we may NEED to re-sign, people are praising Scot.
What people don't realize is that EVERY NINER FAN SHOULD BE HOPING NOLAN SUCCEEDS.

We're not the only team who traded for a first rounder in the last draft... the seahawks have the first round pick of the broncos. Meaning the better Nolan does, the worse the seahawk pick is!

AND it's another two games we get to watch the raiders get beat down in per year.
yep, props to nolan. i really thought the cowpies would run over the broncos today but it didn't happen.

it doesn't hurt to have dawkins and bailey back there allowing you to do certain things, but the proof is in the pudding.

nolan is a s**tty head coach but a good coordinator, just like wade phillips, norv turner and countless others.

he'll get a headcoaching call again at some point in the future though

Nolan should get praised for the job he's been doing in DEN. McDaniels is an offensive coach and knows diddly about defense. I hated Nolan as our HC, but I'm not gonna be homer to what he's done in DEN
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Nolan should get praised for the job he's been doing in DEN. McDaniels is an offensive coach and knows diddly about defense. I hated Nolan as our HC, but I'm not gonna be homer to what he's done in DEN
Nolan is a known commodotiy for his great Defense, he deserves tons of credit....good for you Mike Nolan...i bet Denver is rollin with Nolan.
Denver is winning bc of defense right now, props to Nolan
Mike Nolan is a defensive god.

I SAID NO!
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
nope, still not going to....
Share 49ersWebzone