LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

2009 NFL BETTING THREAD

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crzy:
Anyone else think the Ravens line is too high against the Bengals?

Ravens are favored by 8.5

The Bengals have always played the Ravens tough even on the road, with Carson Palmer.

And I agree with what you said Khoee about the Browns. I think the Bills are terrible and 6 points is too much.

Yes, I think -8.5 is too much, that's a scary game that I would and did stay away from. That game is so unpredictable (well if your not Vegas at least) it could go either way. When the Ravens and Bengals, whether its at home or away, there scores never stay the same. You can't say they play each other tough, because their scores range from 10-17 and 3-34 (those were their scores last year), and 27-20 and 21-7 in 2007. My guess, with both defenses play good right now, my score prediction:

28-24 - Baltimore
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

The Bengals have always played the Ravens tough even on the road, with Carson Palmer.

And I agree with what you said Khoee about the Browns. I think the Bills are terrible and 6 points is too much.

Yes, I think -8.5 is too much, that's a scary game that I would and did stay away from. That game is so unpredictable (well if your not Vegas at least) it could go either way. When the Ravens and Bengals, whether its at home or away, there scores never stay the same. You can't say they play each other tough, because their scores range from 10-17 and 3-34 (those were their scores last year), and 27-20 and 21-7 in 2007. My guess, with both defenses play good right now, my score prediction:

28-24 - Baltimore

Carson Palmer didn't play in the blowout last year

28-24 - Baltimore

Carson Palmer didn't play in the blowout last year

I think B-more will not cover this spread, it is a bit high for a rival game....i think it'll be a close game.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
What do you guys think of Dallas giving KC 10 points, KC is at home btw???

I was thinking of giving the points -10, taking Dallas, I need help with this one??

.....hmm...... it's in KC too. that's a tough one. I wanna say take KC. dallas has a tendency of disappearing after a disappointing loss...... but then again KC is too awful of a team to put money on.

see if it changes over the week? if it goes down take Dallas...

I'm playing a 10 team parlay. I just said fugg it and I took Dallas -10. My prediction:

35-17 - Dallas

Buffalo at home is also giving Cleveland +6 points, I took Cleveland. Things are much better now that Derek Anderson is starting. They played a tight game vs. Cincy. My prediction:

21-19 - Buffalo

ten team? damn..... GL man.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What do you guys think of Dallas giving KC 10 points, KC is at home btw???

I was thinking of giving the points -10, taking Dallas, I need help with this one??

.....hmm...... it's in KC too. that's a tough one. I wanna say take KC. dallas has a tendency of disappearing after a disappointing loss...... but then again KC is too awful of a team to put money on.

see if it changes over the week? if it goes down take Dallas...

I'm playing a 10 team parlay. I just said fugg it and I took Dallas -10. My prediction:

35-17 - Dallas

Buffalo at home is also giving Cleveland +6 points, I took Cleveland. Things are much better now that Derek Anderson is starting. They played a tight game vs. Cincy. My prediction:

21-19 - Buffalo

ten team? damn..... GL man.

Might as well, 50 dollars to every dollar, I put down 20 bucks. An easy G if I win. I've spent more money on dinner, I think of it that way.

I took Balt. I think Cincy although improved is a bit overrated. Yes, they play well at home, but I think they will get killed in this one. Especially after how pissed off Balt is from that NE loss.
Vikings -10.5 @ Rams
Cowboys -7.5 @ Chiefs
Redskins +4.5 @ Panthers
Browns +6 @ Buffalo
Steelers -10.5 @ Lions
Falcons +2.5 @ 49ers
Patriots -3 @ Broncos
Colts -3.5 @ Titans

-9fA
Vikings -9.5
Broncos +3
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
crzy's Week 5 picks

Last week: 4-10
Year to Date: 37-25

Sunday

Cleveland +6 (@ Buffalo)
-Bad teams, take the points

Pittsburgh -10.5 (@ Detroit)
- The Lions play hard but they're getting blown out.

Cowboys -8.5 (@ Kansas City)

-The Cowboys lose to good teams and they crush the winless teams. Look at Week 1 and Week 3 for evidence. With no pressure on him, Tony Romo throws for 300 yards and at least 2 scores. Just don't look for Romo to show up when the Cowboys play a good team.

Vikings - 10.0 (@ St Louis)
-I'd take the Vikings at -20.

Oakland +15.5 (@ New York Giants)
-15 points?? That's too much. The Giants only won by 11 last week vs Kansas City and the Raiders are better than the Chiefs. Plus Eli is banged up

Tampa Bay +14.5 (@ Philadelphia)
-I don't care how bad the Bucs are...I just don't take lines this high unless it's the 2009 Saints offense or the 2007 Patriots.

Carolina -3.5 (vs Washington)
-Panthers will be 3-3 after next three weeks. Zorn will be fired very very soon.

Bengals +8.5 (@ Baltimore)
-This will be a close game.

Falcons +2.5 (@ San Francisco)
- The Falcons are a smart play here. The Niners are playing tough but the Falcons have far more talent.

New England -3.0 (@ Denver)
-If the Broncos win this, I'm going to be shocked.

Houston +5.5 (@ Arizona)
-The Cardinals and Texans are basically the same team lol. It will be a field goal either way.

Jags -1 (@ Seattle)
-I'm going with Maurice Jones Drew.

Colts -3.5 (@ Tennesse)
-This line is frightening. THe Colts are undefeated, the Titans are winless. Why is this line only 3.5 points? It's like the oddsmakers WANT people to bet on the Colts. It's really hard for a team with the talent that the Titans have to go 0-5, so I wouldn't be shocked if they won outright. But I can't bet against Peyton Manning....so...

Monday

Jets -1.5 (@ Miami)
-I don't understand why the line is only 1.5...

7 favorites, 7 underdogs, 1 home team, 13 road teams

[ Edited by crzy on Oct 11, 2009 at 08:12:28 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Dallas is fugging me up big time right now!!!!!

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
After picking 68% through three weeks, I thought I was getting good at this, but man I've fallen flat on my face past two weeks.

It's a good thing I'm betting pocket change lol
Minny vs. Rams.... money.
Indy vs. titans.... so far....

...if i knew Eli was starting, i would have thrown down big on that too.
Philadelphia -14 @ Oakland
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Vikings -10.5 @ Rams
Cowboys -7.5 @ Chiefs
Redskins +4.5 @ Panthers
Browns +6 @ Buffalo
Steelers -10.5 @ Lions
Falcons +2.5 @ 49ers
Patriots -3 @ Broncos
Colts -3.5 @ Titans

-9fA

LOL