LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

saturday cuts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Thats the deadline for the 53 man roster so i was wondering who are some guys that might be cut on other teams that we might be able to get something out of? mainly looking at olbs, ots, or even maybe dlineman? anyone out there?
I just saw that Casey Hampton could be on the bubble of getting cut. He would be a great player to add obviously, so we'll have to keep an eye on it. He would be the legit NT we have been searching for, but it would only be a short term fix.

I WANT TO WIN NOW!! If he's out there we do need to make an effort. His experience (2 Superbowls) and ability to man the nose, would add so much to this defense that yes a Top 5 Defense would be achievable.
Originally posted by 52isabeast:
I just saw that Casey Hampton could be on the bubble of getting cut. He would be a great player to add obviously, so we'll have to keep an eye on it. He would be the legit NT we have been searching for, but it would only be a short term fix.

I WANT TO WIN NOW!! If he's out there we do need to make an effort. His experience (2 Superbowls) and ability to man the nose, would add so much to this defense that yes a Top 5 Defense would be achievable.

Steelers NT Casey Hampton and defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau laughed off rumors that the run-stopper would be cut before the season.

The 32-year-old is entering a contract year, but he's an unlikely candidate for release. Instead, the Steelers will let him walk as a free agent after the season.

Originally posted by ads_2006:

Steelers NT Casey Hampton and defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau laughed off rumors that the run-stopper would be cut before the season.

The 32-year-old is entering a contract year, but he's an unlikely candidate for release. Instead, the Steelers will let him walk as a free agent after the season.

That doesnt mean we could'nt entertain trade offers.
Yea we should make an offer for him. he would be worth it. can you imagine hampton in the middle in front of willis? thatd be amazing. hes definitely someone to keep an eye on.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yea we should make an offer for him. he would be worth it. can you imagine hampton in the middle in front of willis? thatd be amazing. hes definitely someone to keep an eye on.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, if we don't pick him up now, we will in free agency. I bet we make two big splashes in free agency, by the looks of it, it should be a good market next year.
I live in St. Louis and there's talk that former first round pick, Adam Carriker might get cut or at least lose his starting spot.

He's been injury prone (what's up with these former Nebraska players always being injured like Carriker and Jay Moore?), and they tried him out as a 4-3 DE and 4-3 NT, but I still think his best position was a 3-4 DE because of his size.

I remember debates between him and Willis in 07 draft- looks like we got this one right.

Wow, I just went from to in two posts.
Originally posted by 5xChamp:

Steelers arent going to trade a guy in his last year unless its a great deal for them...
Player to watch: OT Tony Pashos of Jax (formerly Balimore), as a swing tackle upgrade from Barry Sims.

Originally posted by 5xChamp:
I just saw that Casey Hampton could be on the bubble of getting cut. He would be a great player to add obviously, so we'll have to keep an eye on it. He would be the legit NT we have been searching for, but it would only be a short term fix. I WANT TO WIN NOW!! If he's out there we do need to make an effort. His experience (2 Superbowls) and ability to man the nose, would add so much to this defense that yes a Top 5 Defense would be achievable.
Steelers NT Casey Hampton and defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau laughed off rumors that the run-stopper would be cut before the season. The 32-year-old is entering a contract year, but he's an unlikely candidate for release. Instead, the Steelers will let him walk as a free agent after the season.
Steelers arent going to trade a guy in his last year unless its a great deal for them...

they might. maybe they want to get something for him. if they dont want to pay him and have someone ready to step up its worth an effort imo. our defense would finally be legit.
Share 49ersWebzone