There are 233 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers Highlights Make My Stomach Hurt

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
People that think Rodgers would have done any better here than Smith makes my stomach hurt...good lord folks, can you not understand how bad the Niners were compared to the packers? Can you not understand that Rodgers was developed the right way, whereas Smith was thrown to the wolves? I know some of the Cal guys are looking at the situation through the lenses of bias for the hometown boy, but to think that Rodgers wouldn't have struggled in the same situation, or that Smith wouldn't have shined in Rodgers situation is just lacking in comprehension, reasoning, and logic.

dude

Shaun HILL HAS DONE BETTER THEN A SMITH

KEN DORSEY HAS DONE BETTER THEN A SMITH

there is not a SINGLE SEASON were MORE then 1 QB has started for the 49ers were SOME OTHER QB has NOT DONE BETTER THEN A SMITH

f**k YES , Rodgers would have done better then A Smith

SMITH SUCKS ASS

When Smith cant beat out Tim Rattay or Shaun hill to start , there is no way in HELL he could have beat out a FRANCHISE QB like A. rodgers
[ Edited by Dshearn on Aug 30, 2009 at 2:17 AM ]
looking at our QB's perform tonight, it's apparent that we have 4 very capable 3rd string QB's. Only bright spot was Nate Davis, but he's a rook and playing against scrubs. Even if he tore it up with the first team, I'd say bench him this year for development.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I stopped reading after "better environment is over blown.".

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I even remember reading Aaron Rodgers ADMITTING he was in a much better situation than Alex and that he probably wouldn't have the success he's had without sitting for 3 years.

Alex and Aaron are perfect examples of what should NOT be done and what SHOULD be done. It's that simple. Reverse the roles and Alex would be lighting it up and Aaron would bust.

Our mistake wasn't drafting Smith, it was hiring Nolan.

Agreed. Per Kevin Lynch:

Quote:
The old regime would never have started a quarterback in his first year, no matter how much they paid him. Bill Walsh and his protégés believed in allowing a quarterback to learn first and play later, which would have had particular application for Smith seeing as he was coming for a lower level conference and a spread offense. He also had a coach in Urban Meyer, who told the world that Smith was non-functional until he learned an offense. The 49ers of Mike Nolan paid heed to none of this and Smith might have been one of the worst quarterbacks in league history his rookie season.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=46153#ixzz0PawVCkSQ
[/code]

Rodgers would have played in a rookie in the McCarthy-run west coast offense. He, without a doubt, would have played better in his rookie year and we would have never left the WCO.

Who are you Ms.Cleo ?

We still would have likely hired Turner to replace McCarthy, then gotten stuck with Hos and the list goes on.

Who exactly are you trying to convince here with all this nonsense....us or yourself ?
arron rodgers has had the same offense for 4 years
IF you knew anything about football, you would know that a Qb's sucess has only 50% on what he can control. IF the o-line is aweful like what we have had until know, you cant run the football effectively and sure enought you cant execute the offensive plays you desire.

Second of all Alex had had seven different cordinators in seven years which is an nfl record. Give the guy a damn break, if you swapped arron roders and alex smith at the draft, you would be the one calling for Rodgers head.

The way I see it, we should just let Alex have this season, because HIll is not our future, and if he does well then we keep him, but if he sucks then we cut him and get it over with. Our team right know doesn't have a long time solution in mind right now.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I even remember reading Aaron Rodgers ADMITTING he was in a much better situation than Alex and that he probably wouldn't have the success he's had without sitting for 3 years.

Alex and Aaron are perfect examples of what should NOT be done and what SHOULD be done. It's that simple. Reverse the roles and Alex would be lighting it up and Aaron would bust.

Well said!
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

Agreed. Per Kevin Lynch:

Quote:
The old regime would never have started a quarterback in his first year, no matter how much they paid him. Bill Walsh and his protégés believed in allowing a quarterback to learn first and play later, which would have had particular application for Smith seeing as he was coming for a lower level conference and a spread offense. He also had a coach in Urban Meyer, who told the world that Smith was non-functional until he learned an offense. The 49ers of Mike Nolan paid heed to none of this and Smith might have been one of the worst quarterbacks in league history his rookie season.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=46153#ixzz0PawVCkSQ
[/code]

Rodgers would have played in a rookie in the McCarthy-run west coast offense. He, without a doubt, would have played better in his rookie year and we would have never left the WCO.

Who are you Ms.Cleo ?

We still would have likely hired Turner to replace McCarthy, then gotten stuck with Hos and the list goes on.

Who exactly are you trying to convince here with all this nonsense....us or yourself ?

Cause and Effect KRS-1, Cause and Effect. Alex Smith caused us to leave the WCO because he was such a poor fit for it. No Alex Smith, we still have it.
A.Rodgers and A.Smith are one in the same.

Smith got the crappy oline and 4 offensive coordinators.

Change teams, prince in the pauper style, and A.Rodgers would be having shoulder surgery by now, while Smith would be getting his fat extension.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
A.Rodgers and A.Smith are one in the same.

Smith got the crappy oline and 4 offensive coordinators.

Change teams, prince in the pauper style, and A.Rodgers would be having shoulder surgery by now, while Smith would be getting his fat extension.

They have totally different skillsets. Smith's college coach said he'd be non-functional until he learned an offense and is a terrible fit for the west coast offense, while Rodgers is a quick learner and a great fit for the WCO.
Rodgers would of been a bust if he came here.

Rodgers didn't have Mike Nolan.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

but both Qb's have had McCarthy and we see how that turned out
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

but both Qb's have had McCarthy and we see how that turned out

Well McCarthy had previous succeed with QB's and he had 3 seasons to develop Rodgers.... and only 1 with Smith.

but to be honest, i think Rodgers could have handled Nolan a little better than Smith did. and more than likely had better stats. but he wouldn't have succeeded in SF.

in GB he got to play behind one of the all time greats at QB, play behind a solid O-Line. and throw to a very deep WR core.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
looking at our QB's perform tonight, it's apparent that we have 4 very capable 3rd string QB's. Only bright spot was Nate Davis, but he's a rook and playing against scrubs. Even if he tore it up with the first team, I'd say bench him this year for development.

Exactly!
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for GoreGoreGore.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Well easy to say now we should have drafted Rodgers...but to say that Alex would be as good as Rodgers right now, if he got drafted by GB...I lol. Rodgers has a really good arm ( way more consistent than Alex ) and when it comes to pocket presence and reading the coverage right...it's not even close.

Seriously, get over it, Alex is a bust.

Rodgers, Rivers (WITH s**ttier WR's than we had put up 10 times better than numbers than Alex) Matt Ryan, Big Ben, THESE are what a real QB looks like, compare Alex to any of these young studs, and it's not even close.

MAYBE if we would've sat him the first year and allowed him to get adjusted, got him a good WR/TE, the same OC for his first couple of years, and a solid Oline, Alex would've have made a pro-bowl possibly...but so so would've 95% of all the other QB's in the NFL lol.

Face it, he's a bust at least for the 49ers, it was a mistake to throw him out there with that s**tty team, but at the same time, we needed a spark, a play maker, after our awful QB situation the 2-3 years prior Alex.

If Alex was this great QB, he would've been able to provide that, at least this year, after his shoulder had a year to heal, after he spend another year just getting adjusted, but no, instead he got beat by a guy who couldn't even a get DIV. II scholarship to play QB, and he was our #1 pick?

#1 picks should be GREAT players, if not, that player is not #1 good material; he does not deserve all the money, and should stopped being pampered as if it was the Manning's, or the Ryan's, or the Bradie's of the NFL.

I will repeat, he was a #1 PICK, not 3rd round pick, or a 7th round pick, HE WAS THE "BEST" PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL according to us. When the best player in college football gets beaten out by undrafted players or late round picks ... then you have a problem with the "best" player in college football.

Most of the QB's in the NFL would've succeeded with good Wr's, good coaches, good olines, etc...To say "Oh if Alex only had this and that" is asinine! I've seen enough of Alex Smith where I can say that he is just too inconsistent, he shows a nice arm at times and a poor one, and his ability to read a defense is mediocre at best!

If the guy was so smart in college maybe he should've been an engineer, not a QB.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Aug 30, 2009 at 4:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone