LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Mark Sanchez named Jets starting QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Sanchez should start. he has a decent cast around him. and he seems to shake mistakes off easily. he'll play well enough this season if the running game can help him out.

meanwhile....

Stafford should not start. the lions are is horrible. and he would get destroyed if they put him out there this early.
So far everything I have seen from Sanchez in his first 2 starts has been very very impressive. I wonder what those people who thought he had major accuracy issues and thought Pat White was a better prospect think right about now.
i wanted to draft Sanchez, but that was because i never thought Crabtree would have fallen to us
Originally posted by valrod33:
i wanted to draft Sanchez, but that was because i never thought Crabtree would have fallen to us

I think there were several of us that were touting Sanchez to be the pick. I was one of the real adamant supporters along with Abowers as I recall. Then there were people like Boomer49er who thought he had major accuracy problems and incredibly overrated. I know he was not alone. There would have been an incredilbe uproar in this room had the Niners selected Sanchez.

Now.. I know its just 2 games but he sure looks like he has "it"
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wanted Stafford or Sanchez, preferred Sanchez more. So far so good, I like what I'm seeing with Sanchez. I wish we drafted him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wanted Stafford or Sanchez, preferred Sanchez more. So far so good, I like what I'm seeing with Sanchez. I wish we drafted him.

like i said Crabtree was no where on my list of players because i didnt think he was gonna get passed the raiders

I wanted

Sanchez
Oher
Raji
Mualuaga
I will admit that I liked Stafford first but thought it would have made a lot of sense for the Niners to take either. It was just obvious that Stafford was going to the Lions so he really was never in the conversation for the Niners.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
So far everything I have seen from Sanchez in his first 2 starts has been very very impressive. I wonder what those people who thought he had major accuracy issues and thought Pat White was a better prospect think right about now.

LOL your head-butting with Boomer was great stuff.

-9fA
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

like i said Crabtree was no where on my list of players because i didnt think he was gonna get passed the raiders

I wanted

Sanchez
Oher
Raji
Mualuaga

Me I wanted:

Sanchez
Raji
Orakpo
Everette Brown
  • BobS
  • Veteran

I will eat some crow. I thought with out the luxury of the USC line and receivers he would be a major failure. The few times he was pressured in college he didn't seem to do well. He appears to have adjusted to the speed of the NFL very quickly. He has done better than many HOF QBs if you look at their first 2 games, boy was I wrong about him.

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

LOL your head-butting with Boomer was great stuff.

-9fA

I am pretty sure he wont come in this thread and admit he was wrong.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
The dude is for real.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by crzy:
Sanchez is going to have a very very good year and a decent career.

Said this from the get go about the kid, he is going to be very good though, not judt decent.
I think Stafford is doing pretty well also with a lot less around him than Sanchez. They will both be good.
I was wondering when he would have an ugly game and it was today, 3 int
Share 49ersWebzone