LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Would you trade for Derrick Burgess ?

Shop 49ers game tickets
The guy is unhappy(which raider isnt) with his role on the team and at 31 wants a change of scenery.. The guy can still put heat on the QB !... Whould you trade for him him, and if so which player ? I'd give up Mark Roman, Zak Keasey, Brooks, or J. Moore for him.(this is of coarse if they took such a deal).. But gimme your yes/no and also who you'd trade .
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
He only had 3 sacks last year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah do it
sure not a bad back up
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
who?
If it was a trade where we didn't have to give up much wouldn't mind to see if he could get after the quarterback in the 3-4 defense
hell yes get him, he would be a huge addition to our 3-4
I'd rather re-sign Roderick Green.
Id pass on him unless we went back to the 4-3. Theres too many DEs as it is and Burgess wont back up Smith and we have Soap, Balmer and Evans competing at the other side. Plus McDonald and the rookie from LSU.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Id pass on him unless we went back to the 4-3. Theres too many DEs as it is and Burgess wont back up Smith and we have Soap, Balmer and Evans competing at the other side. Plus McDonald and the rookie from LSU.

you do realize hed play olb for us right?

id give them a 5th for him or something.

not in our 3-4 I wouldn't
Originally posted by zozell:

I'd rather keep Rod Green than friggin Jay Moore.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

you do realize hed play olb for us right?

id give them a 5th for him or something.

Who sits at OLB for Burgess to come in a learn the 3-4 OLB position? It could work I guess but a 5th would be too high for his injury history. You would also have to sign him to a contract the guy wants or we would just be renting him for a season. Seems like to much of a pain in the ass for a injury plagued player. We should be ok with who we have now. Harris isnt a bad back up to have for us. Manusky knows him so thats a huge plus. Brooks seems to be taking in what Sings teaching and Lawson and Haralson could do big things starting.

[ Edited by jimmy49erfan on Aug 1, 2009 at 22:30:20 ]
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by zozell:

I'd rather keep Rod Green than friggin Jay Moore.

Why, for a half dozen of nice plays on 3rd down. I'll take my chances with Jay Moore.
Share 49ersWebzone