There are 189 users in the forums

Lose the Super Bowl or 1st pick in the draft?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Lose the Super Bowl or 1st pick in the draft?

someone please lock this
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Losing in the SB means you're a half step away from a championship and that you should be a serious contender for a while.

Losing the SuperBowl these days means missing the playoffs the next year.

Anyway, this is a terrible question. I'd rather not lose a SuperBowl, but if it were between that and being the worst team in the NFL, we'd be 5-1 in SuperBowls if it were up to me.

Seahawks 2006

2008 Patriots, 2007 Bears, 2005 Eagles, 2004 Panthers, 2003 raiders, 2002 Rams, 2001 Giants.

They all missed the playoffs after losing the SuperBowl. The only reason the Seahawks went back to the playoffs in 2006 is because the NFC West was such a terrible division.
exactly what the ninrs need anothe 70 million dollar p*ssy
Losing in the SB means you're a half step away from a championship and that you should be a serious contender for a while.

Anyway, this is a terrible question. I'd rather not lose a SuperBowl, but if it were between that and being the worst team in the NFL, we'd be 5-1 in SuperBowls if it were up to me.

Seahawks 2006

2008 Patriots, 2007 Bears, 2005 Eagles, 2004 Panthers, 2003 raiders, 2002 Rams, 2001 Giants.

They all missed the playoffs after losing the SuperBowl. The only reason the Seahawks went back to the playoffs in 2006 is because the NFC West was such a terrible division.

It's not like the 20008 Patriots sucked. They lost Brady in the first 15 minutes of the season and still finished 11-5.
you guys have no respect for the perfection of 5-0. id rather be the worst team and get the 1st overall pick. easily.

5-0 is 5-0. as soon as we lose 1, were below both Dallas and Pittsburgh in the overall super bowl standings. plus to go and lose, and ruin our franchises historic and excellent record of super bowl supremacy, would be a disaster.

everyone that would rather ruin our perfection rather than have a bad season and get the best choice in next years draft, is crazy.

losing the super bowl doesnt even make you the 2nd best team. the cardinals were 9-7, and free falling before getting hot at the last minute. it doesnt make you a great team to go and lose. usually the losing team is totally over matched, and had no business being there.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 26, 2009 at 15:25:37 ]
Win the superbowl and get the first pick via carolina.

yeah...first pick
Originally posted by MortimerC:

yeah...first pick

this

yeah...first pick

+1

yeah...first pick

agreed. lets pick this option.

Seahawks 2006

Those teams may have missed the playoffs the next year, but many of them returned to the playoffs shortly after. And all of them (except the Raiders) continued to field good teams. I would much rather be lumped in with those teams than these ones:

Lions, Dolphins, Raiders, Texans, Chargers, Bengals, Falcons (all had the first pick at some point in this decade)

Most of those teams have been bad almost all decade. I think we need to stop kidding around about being a superbowl team and just try to be a winning team.

It's a trick question. The Niners do not lose Super Bowls!
You are very confused, that's like asking whether you would rather be the Cardinals or Lions of last season...no contest, even if we lost it'd be better to have gone than not.
Originally posted by KID9R:
How about we win the Superbowl and the Panthers finish dead last.

hahaha...at least somebody here is using their brain!
Easy one. I always want to win over losing.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Seahawks 2006

It's not like the 20008 Patriots sucked. They lost Brady in the first 15 minutes of the season and still finished 11-5.

And that changes the fact that they missed the playoffs, how?
Share 49ersWebzone