LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 337 users in the forums

Where are all the 1st round signings?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
There's 3 days until the first training camps open and there is still only two(Stafford and Sanchez)that have signed. What the hell is everyone waiting for? No way we get all these players signed by the start of training camps. Looks like Crabs is going to be a holdout also. Very dissappointing.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Jul 21, 2009 at 6:40 AM ]
The want their $$$$$$$. Because they have earned it...... Riiiiiiiight.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:

They've had since the end of April to get these guys signed. No reason to have to press and wait till the last week to get these guys signed. There are 30 unsigned 1st round picks, that's outrageous. There's no way more than half the league will not have hold outs come training camp and as a result of that Crabtee will also be a holdout.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Jul 21, 2009 at 6:54 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

I actually think they earn their money. Not the monsterous salary that number one overall gets but the reasonable contracts out of the top ten. I mean they work for free in college. NCAA benefits. The NFL benefits from the hype of the draft and so on and so forth.
But I agree. Why not just get it done
The biggest problem with the NFL right now is that there is no rookie cap. This needs to be resolved. No player right out of college should be making more than $1 million dollars a year. They should have to earn it. I have no problem with Vets making the $$$ that they do (Clements/Justin Smith signings on our team, for example), but contracts like Stafford's and Sanchez's are slaps in the face to all of the vets around the league who EARNED their paychecks.
First round draft picks almost always sign the dotted line two or three days before the start of training camp, and it's rare for a holdout to go much more than a few days beyond the start of training camp. So I would expect that we're going to start seeing them sign any day now.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Originally posted by mayo63:

They've had since the end of April to get these guys signed. No reason to have to press and wait till the last week to get these guys signed. There are 30 unsigned 1st round picks, that's outrageous. There's no way more than half the league will not have hold outs come training camp and as a result of that Crabtee will also be a holdout.

I think your overreacting. Sure Crabs could be a hold out but if you look at the dates on which our other 1st round picks signed you might feel differently.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by natrone06:

I think your overreacting. Sure Crabs could be a hold out but if you look at the dates on which our other 1st round picks signed you might feel differently.

Yeah, I know they'll all get signed in time.

Originally posted by natrone06:

Yeah, I know they'll all get signed in time.

then why did you make this thread
Maybe they are all hiding in the same place
Since Stafford and Sanchez signed so early and set the tone.
everyone is expecting their kinda money?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well another one down.

Quote:
Ziggy Hood-DL-Steelers Jul. 25 - 3:55 pm et

Steelers agreed to terms with first-round DT Evander "Ziggy" Hood on a five-year, $8.7 million contract. The deal includes $6.1 million in guarantees.
Hood can make another $2.6 million in escalators, likely based on playing time and production. They could be hard for Hood to hit this year as he sits behind Brett Keisel and Aaron Smith. Keisel is a free agent after the season, however, so Hood will likely step in at right end next year. The defending Super Bowl champs now have all of their rookies locked up.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
And another one.

Quote:
Alex Mack-C- Browns Jul. 25 - 10:43 am et

Browns signed first-round C Alex Mack, the No. 21 overall pick, to a five-year contract. The deal includes $12.2 million guaranteed.
Mack becomes the third first-round pick to sign after QBs Matt Stafford and Mark Sanchez. He's expected to unseat incumbent Hank Fraley and start at center for the Browns right out of the gate. He should immediately improve their offensive line. According to Profootballtalk.com, Mack received a 7.5 percent raise in guaranteed money over the 21st pick a year ago.
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal
Share 49ersWebzone