LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

The Commish challenges "death" Mountain and wins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Goodell climbs Mt. Rainier with Seahawks HC Mora and CEO.

WTf...why is Goodell buddying up with our arch rivals--methinks he's planning to stick it to us again this upcoming season.

Gotta give the commish some props though. Mt. Rainier claims lives every year; it aint no joke:

Here's the link:
Goodell climbs Mt. Rainier
He's a nut
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

WTf...why is Goodell buddying up with our arch rivals--methinks he's planning to stick it to us again this upcoming season.

Again? When has he stuck it to us before?
Originally posted by Apples:

I think he is referring to that whole "tampering" thing with Briggs.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Weren't we though?
  • DenverNiner
  • Info N/A
Exactly, I have been feeling the exact same way. Why is Goodell all buddying up with Mora. Should we start to suspect some foul play if all of the sudden the refs and the league are shafting us with penalties and letting the Seahawks do whatever they want?

I absolutely think the deal with "tampering" with Briggs was Goodell giving us the shaft. How come nothing has come of the Redskins tamering with Haynesworth? Maybe its because Goodell just doesnt feel like he could get away with giving the shaft to an East Coast team.

I miss the days of Taglibue (sp?) when life in the NFL was fair and specifically the commissioner was beyond reproach. Tags would have never pulled s**t like this -- publically buddying up to one coach over another. To me this is just BS man.

Anyone agree or anyone think I am way off base here?
Originally posted by DenverNiner:
Exactly, I have been feeling the exact same way. Why is Goodell all buddying up with Mora. Should we start to suspect some foul play if all of the sudden the refs and the league are shafting us with penalties and letting the Seahawks do whatever they want?

I absolutely think the deal with "tampering" with Briggs was Goodell giving us the shaft. How come nothing has come of the Redskins tamering with Haynesworth? Maybe its because Goodell just doesnt feel like he could get away with giving the shaft to an East Coast team.

I miss the days of Taglibue (sp?) when life in the NFL was fair and specifically the commissioner was beyond reproach. Tags would have never pulled s**t like this -- publically buddying up to one coach over another. To me this is just BS man.

Anyone agree or anyone think I am way off base here?

LOL, you are waaaaaaaaaay off base.

The fact that you think the NFL is unfair is ridiculous. No one is screwing us.

Weren't we though?

The entire league tampers every offseason but we were the only ones penalized. And the "evidence" in that case (a few cell phone bills) was much less than has been seen in other cases. Like the Haynesworth deal...

Look, I don't buy for a second that the commish has a hard on especially for us, or that the refs will shaft us this year at his request. But the tampering deal was complete BS.

Ill be climbing Mt. Rainier next april, I cant wait!!!!
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Ill be climbing Mt. Rainier next april, I cant wait!!!!

how long does it take to climb it?

Weren't we though?

yea but you can't punish one team for it and ignore the other 31 teams doing the same exact thing
Well, since GODell made it down, the mountain just wasn't "deathy" enough.
He's lucky Pacman Jones didn't meet him at the summit.
Share 49ersWebzone